June 3rd, 2007

Clinton: Bill will play a role in my administration

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)—Senator Hillary Clinton said her husband, former president Bill Clinton would play a role in another Clinton administration.

“..when I become president, Bill Clinton, my dear husband, will be one of the people who will be sent around the world as a roving ambassador to make it very clear to the rest of the world that we're back to a policy of reaching out and working and trying to make friends and allies and stopping the alienation of the rest of the world.”

She made the comments in response to a question to the candidates about what role former presidents would play in their administration.

– CNN Political Desk Editor Jamie Crawford

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Betty, Southlake, TX

Thank God! We haven't had a decent knowledgeable effective ambassador anywhere since GWB took office. Maybe we could get Madeleine Albright involved again, too.

June 3, 2007 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  2. Anonymous

I think Bill Clinton would make an exceptional ambassador. I think he could go a long way in changing negative attitudes about the U.S.

June 3, 2007 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  3. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

It is a fantastic idea for our Country. Where can you find the couple like The Clintons? We, American should appreciate The Clintons and we should bless and congratulate The clintons. I remember Elizabeth Taylor is only one beautyful woman in a Century, The Clintons is only one couple in a several Century. We are very lucky to have The Clintons in America. Two brains of The Clintons are better than thousands. I am very proud of her and thank The Clintons everyday.

June 4, 2007 12:21 am at 12:21 am |
  4. Anonymous

I think it would be an excellent idea to have Mr Bill Clinton to become the roving ambassador to make peace with the world. With his experience of being an ex-president to handle heads of states, it might actually work.

June 4, 2007 02:44 am at 2:44 am |
  5. Anonymous

thank god is right MAYBE THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION GOT COMMON SENSE AND NOT JUST COMMON "CENTS"...

January 21, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |