June 3rd, 2007

Clinton: We had a good night

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-New York, told supporters "I think we had a good night tonight" in an appearance after Sunday night's debate. Clinton showed up at Millie's Tavern in Manchester about 20 minutes after leaving the stage. She told the crowd she has to rush to New York for an early morning appearance, saying one drawback of running for president is "you can't just hang out at Millie's."

-CNN Political Desk Managing Editor Steve Brusk

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Tamara Wilson

Hillary is incredibly presidential.

I am certainly planning to vote for Hillary.

June 3, 2007 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  2. Jessica, Bourbonnais Illinois

Hilary Clinton did have a good night but why should that be a surprise to anyone, she is a commanding speaker, and has the momentum in this race, but my question is can she keep up the momentum over the months to come?

June 3, 2007 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  3. Mike, Kansas City, MO

I thought Hillary did a GREAT job. She showed great poise and confidence in her reponses to the issues. Just what we need in a president

June 3, 2007 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  4. Nicole Contos

I look at all of the Dem candidates and only one seems to fit the title "President" and that is Hillary Clinton.

I think she's remarkable, on all levels.

June 3, 2007 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  5. Samuel Donovan

Hillary Clinton all the way. That is all I have to say. Compared to the men who are trying to catch up to her, she shines. I also thought Joe Biden came across as extremely knowledgeable and straightforward.

I did not like John Edwards but I never have. It's instinctive and it's about lack of trust. I cannot help that.

Barack Obama is smooth and smart and maybe would be VP to President Hillary?

June 3, 2007 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  6. David arkansas

Hillary is the only canidate, democrat or republican, that really sounds sure of how she stands on the issues.

June 3, 2007 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  7. Michael Messecar - Stamford, CT

I think Hillary Clinton by far did the best. I also noticed that Hillary was the only one who said if the Iraq war is still going on next year that when she is President she would end it. I also like the fact how Hillary did stand firm in her vote against giving President Bush another blank check to fund the Iraq war, she is right. Enough is enough. Hillary also mentioned how former President Bill Clinton will be involved and that's a big plus because they are both respected more than anyone around the world and we are in such desperate need to gain that respect back because it will help the United States to be able to better deal with any threats to our great nation. John Edwards is too weak and I was pleased how Senator Obama put him in his place. I'm pretty sure that Hillary is going to win the primary and will be our next President. Having said that, if this happens I think that Obama should run for Vice President. That would be an unbeatable 2008 ticket. Clinton/Obama

June 3, 2007 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  8. Bob, Cleveland TN

I don't think ANY of the candidates had a "good" night .. .. .. I've seen more honest debates in high school. This was the mose fabricated & rehearsed bunch of baloney I've seen yet !! !! !! Hillary looked just plain stupid .. .. ..

June 4, 2007 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  9. Gary, Boston, MA

I am definitely voting for Hillary. She had an awesome performance tonight. I was on the fence before tonight, but it's definitely Hillary.

June 4, 2007 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  10. John, Chandler, Az

Clinton is having a good run thusfar, however so was Dean at this point in the last election. While the wheels fell off of the Dean campaign during the primaries, Clinton might be able to pull off the nomination.

Unfortunately, I don't see Clinton becoming president. She's too devisive, too left of center and lacks the "hominess" of her husband.

Unfortunately all of the candidates have their drawbacks, I just hope that whoever wins the nomination doesn't lose the election because they cannot appeal to more than one powerbase.

June 4, 2007 02:06 am at 2:06 am |
  11. Julio Alanis, McAllen, Texas

I think Hillary did exceptional in the debates. Her lead has been consistent in many state primary polls. I believe her lead will remain as the months go by because she is the best candidate and she is what our country needs. Many do not like her, but many love her. She has had my vote since she's announced her run for the presidency. Hillary was really humorous and I actually laugh my butt off! She was clearly the winner of this debate because of course she was calm, poised, and she responded well to the questions asked by Wolf Blitzer. Vote for Hillary in '08.

June 4, 2007 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  12. Diane Schwartz, Edgewater, MD

To me, Hillary has it over everbody!
    I can't wait until BOTH Clintons are back in the White House!!

Diane

June 4, 2007 10:09 am at 10:09 am |
  13. Bill W, Coatesville, PA

If Hillary wants to drop out of the race and hang out at Millies, that would be fine with me. In fact, not much would make me happier!

June 4, 2007 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |