June 3rd, 2007

Donna's scorecard: Edwards and Biden looked good

WASHINGTON (CNN) – According to Democratic strategist and CNN Contributor Donna Brazile’s scorecard:

Former North Carolina Senator Edwards looked “smart” and Delaware Senator Joseph Biden “was on fire.” Brazile said Biden's passionate answers distinguished him from the pack. And Brazile thought Senator Edwards was the best prepared of all the candidates.

– CNN Contributor Josh Lipsky

Filed under: Joe Biden • John Edwards
  1. Danna Hailfinger, Manchester PA

I agree with Brazile. Edwards did seem the most prepared and definitely gained some points with me and Biden always caught my attention when he was talking.

June 3, 2007 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  2. Nicole, Reno, NV

Edwards was the only top tier candidate that seemed honest, and he's definitely the most vocal against this war and is not afraid to criticize his fellow Democrats for their shyness against this war and it's good that he's encouraging them to step up to the plate like he has. Good job John Edwards! He has won me over tonight.

June 3, 2007 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  3. Gracemarie....FuquayVarina ...North Carolina

O'Bama was HOT.....Biden was level, and the guy from Alaska was very good as well....

Edwards.....was his usually cocky self...you all need to spend some time in the "Hall of Horrors" otherwise known as the Wake County Courthouse ....Raleigh NC...not a good place.....

Tell Hillary that I'd like to know more about Whitewater.....you know that crooked land deal...she needs to "address" it.....so I don't agree with you at all M'am.

June 3, 2007 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  4. Neale Walsch, Ashland, Oregon

I agree completely here. Biden was very impressive. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought, "Well, looks like we have more than three first tier candidates here."

Hillary, I thought, did extremely well. She is forceful, knowledgeable, dynamic. Obama is so soft sometimes. I wish he would step on the gas a little.

June 3, 2007 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  5. Ada, Kansas City, Mo

Usually, you can take whatever Donna Brazile says, take the opposite position, and you'll be 100% correct.
    It definitely seemed like CNN's coverage was biased in favor of Edwards. The online polling seems to show that Obama and Clinton did better than him.

June 3, 2007 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  6. mel, Tulsa Okla

Edwards did NOT look smart. He acted as a spoiled child with his finger pointing and whining. Biden out did Edwards by far. I vote to remove Edwards who is now my biggest dissappointmet as a front runner and put Biden in his place.

June 3, 2007 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  7. David, Philadelphia, PA

I disagree with Brazile's assesment of Edwards. Edwards did look prepared, but spent alot of time attacking. I would like to hear more what is "right" about his ideas, not "wrong" about the others. I think Richardson and Biden did great, followed closely by Clinton, which suprised me. I found Obama unimpressive, which disappointed me.

Before tonight I was moderately supporting Obama. I am really liking Bill Richardson at this point

June 3, 2007 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  8. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

I am sorry Donna, Edwards is always vulgar. He is trying to pull Hillary down and kissed Obama’s butt, but Obama punched him back. He is not nice person
    I watched and many Americans watched debate, how could you score that bad. You shouldn’t lie to yourself. Shame on you.

June 3, 2007 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  9. Carl, Dallas, Texas

I have to agree with David. Richardson presented what he did as Governor of New Mexico and incorporated it into the debate and the various issues... great job on his part; I noticed him first out of all the candidates (coming from a first time viewer).

June 3, 2007 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  10. Betty, Southlake, TX

Gracemarie– get over it! The Whitewater deal is water under the bridge, so to speak. The courts have finished with it. However, maybe we could get Bush & Cheney to tell us about some of their deals that have made them and/or their friends billions as a result of a war we should have never gotten into in the first place.

June 3, 2007 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  11. Matt, Manchester NH

I'm not sure why we would want to see Donna Brazile's scorecard; I don't know of any national race that she's been involved in where her candidate has won.

June 3, 2007 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  12. Sylvia Fountain Hills, AZ

Strongly disagree with her scorecard re: John Edwards looking "smart". He looked like a sore loser. He would benefit from follow the "leadership" of his former colleagues Clinton, Obama, Biden & Dodd. Hopefully he will drop out of the race soon and spend some time with his ailing wife.

June 4, 2007 12:27 am at 12:27 am |
  13. Gizmo

Edwards was awful. All he did was attack fellow Democrats. Shameful.... Obama put him in his place with the 4 1/2 years too late comment.

June 4, 2007 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  14. eric flagstaff,az

as far as the biden comment goes...couldn't agree more, very impressive. as far as the edwards comment...don't agree at all. perhaps his shining moment came during the minute i was in the bathroom...either way, i missed it

June 4, 2007 01:59 am at 1:59 am |