June 3rd, 2007

Obama to supporters: Love you guys

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Illinois Sen. Barack Obama stopped by a debate watch party at Murphy's Tap Room in Manchester, New Hampshire to personally thank local supporters for their help.

"Rain, shine, it doesn't matter, you have been working on our behalf," Obama said. "And I say our behalf and not my behalf because this campaign belongs to you. The only reason I'm here is to shake your hands, let you know I am thrilled with all the work you guys have done."

As Obama entered the room, supporters chanted, "Obama, '08, we are part of something great." Obama joked with the crowd, saying that he knew they were only pretending to watch the debate and that he was sorry to interrupt the Yankees versus Red Sox game.

– CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Gayle and Tom - Ohio

I truly like Senator Obama.

But he's not ready to be President. I hope he will be our next VP.

A nice man.

June 3, 2007 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  2. Roberto, Tampa, Florida

Not only he IS ready to be our President in Jan. '09; he is ready to bring back hope and integrity to the WH.

June 3, 2007 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  3. Pat Faith Austin, TX

These candidates are purely scandalous. They all spew the same things as George Bush, however they are to weak to actually say what they mean in front of the American people, they do it day in and day out with their votes in Congress and the House. Word to the wise, big money=corruption.
    Just an idea here for all to ponder. Campaign finance reform, did any of these candidates do anything significant on that end during their political careers? Answer, NO! The reason? What do you think? My solution, same system in place for donating now except that ALL FUNDS RAISED go into ONE FUND for ALL CANDIDATES on both sides of "the fence". Democrats are always screaming equality this and fairness that, and republicans well they are just slimy. Everyone gets the same amount to spend on campaigning, sort of evens up the race doesn't it?

June 3, 2007 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  4. Nancy Warren, Rochester NH

Barack Obama is absolutely ready to be the next president of the United States and tonights debate certainly proved that! It's time that those who chose not to support him find a better line than that one...it just doesn't fly anymore!

June 4, 2007 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  5. Pat, Homestead, Florida

I enjoy intellectual debate. It is great to see all of the democratic candidates respond to well thought out questions in such a direct and responsible manner.

June 4, 2007 01:52 am at 1:52 am |
  6. Dee Anna , Green Bay Wisconsin

WE LOVE YOU TOO BARACK!

SMAK!

June 4, 2007 03:02 am at 3:02 am |
  7. Don Wilson, Clarksville, TN

What do you mean that Obama is NOT ready to be President? Read the Constitution, there are only 3 requirements needed to be President. He meets those requirements, so HE'S READY! And I might add, a lot more qualified than Fred Thompson, Rudy G, Biden and McCain!

June 4, 2007 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  8. Michael B, Willow Grove, PA

As someone who has personally met Sen. Obama, and spent 12 inspiring hours with him during the elections in 2006 as his driver for the day, I will assure everyone that the man is truly unique.

When he wasn't on his cell phone discussing border security concerns, he was sitting shot-gun (not in the back) talking to me about everything from my political views to how I thought Donovan McNabb was playing (I'm from Philly).

A true gentleman in every sense and more class that I can explain. He will bring the nation together.

June 4, 2007 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  9. Rod Donovan, Ingleside, Texas

Barack is the people's choice. All the other has beens and wanna be's don't come close. These politicians have sold we the people out. Obama is his own man. There is integrity, honesty, and common sense in this man that is unequaled by any other candidate. I say Obama for Pres. and Thompson for V.P. Obama can lead, and Thompson who is tough as nails can manage congress. Now that's a ticket.

June 4, 2007 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |