June 3rd, 2007

Richardson: "I was a little concerned"

WASHINGTON (CNN) - In a post-debate interview with CNN, Gov. Bill Richardson gave his own performance a mixed review. "I did well. I was a little concerned I didn't get the main difference between me and the other candidates. That is, I take all the troops out by the end of this calendar year, leaving no residual forces."

Richardson said he believes he has the most experience on the issues of immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, and the genocide in Darfur.

– CNN Associate Producer Natalie Apsell

Filed under: Bill Richardson
  1. Pedro Providence Rhode Island

Good job I think education should be first
    2 bring the troops home
    3 International relations and the economy.
    Sigue el camino

June 3, 2007 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  2. Greg Feldman, Miami FL

Governor Richardson is, by far, the most qialuified candidate and is being overshadowed by the media hype given to the alleged front runners, none of whom have the experience or time in service he does. Let's start looking at substance and quality, instead of the lesser of "who cares".

June 3, 2007 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  3. William Duran San Jose CA

Great job richardson, you are really starting to show your experience.

June 3, 2007 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  4. Bonnie N. Toledo, OH

Gov. Bill had lots to say! We really need to focus on some home issues! My son will graduate from college with over 40,000 in debt and that was just his bachelor's degree!!!! Education is rapidly becoming an experioence only the richest American's can afford!

June 3, 2007 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  5. Eddie Lee, Huntington Beach, CA

It's interesting that the candidates have provided "ideas and pie in the sky" thoughts, yet Gov Richardson is the candidate with REAL only experience on the demo side to translate into running our country. It is frustrating that the moderators continued to cut him off while allowing the 'frontrunners' the opportunity to talk and talk with no substance. I only hope people will see through the media hype.

June 3, 2007 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  6. Alan Causey, Tacoma WA

I though you had to live in the United States to run for president. Richardson is from New Mexico from what I hear. Please check into this.

June 4, 2007 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  7. JB, New York, NY

I hope the above person is joking. If not, this proves the improvement of American education system REALLY does need to be at the top of our agenda.

June 4, 2007 02:29 am at 2:29 am |
  8. Sean, MT

I thought that Richardson had a breakout performance, despite the poor moderation by Wolf Blitzer. He and Bryan Jennings at the NBC debate failed to demonstrate balance and control the candidates.

It seems to me that the press has a vendetta against Governor Richardson, despite his outstanding credentials and substantive answers.

One CNN political commentator said that his answers were "confusing," but he was one of the candidates with the most clear, plainly wrought responses of all the candidates.

Why do reporters hate Bill Richardson?

June 4, 2007 03:28 am at 3:28 am |