June 4th, 2007

Obama sorry for interrupting Yankees-Sox

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) - Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, knows he had stiff competition for attention in New Hampshire Sunday night. He told supporters as he showed up at a viewing party following the debate, "I don't want to interrupt the Yankee-Red Sox game."

The crowd chanted "we are part of something great" as a smiling Obama arrived at Murphy's Tap Room. He shook hands and met supporters for about 15 minutes before saying he had to catch a plane.

He didn't directly mention his performance in the debate but said, "I hope you are as energized as I am."

– CNN Political Desk Managing Editor Steve Brusk

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Ed Brown - Brewer, ME

Well..at least he didn't say he was a Manny Ortiz fan as John Kerry did..

June 4, 2007 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  2. Rick McDaniel

Apologizing for interrupting a sports program, is a bit much, for a presidential candidate.

Mr. Obama needs to demonstrate a better sense of priorities to convince me.

June 4, 2007 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  3. Reese, Raleigh, NC

At least he didn't claim to be a fan of both teams like Bill Richardson.

June 4, 2007 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  4. Kenny Crow Moundsville W.V. 26041

I want to start the draft. The Declaration Of Independence say,"that all men are created equal". If there one bit of thuth then I want Senators who are for the Iraq War,and rich people children to have a "RIGHT TO COME BACK IN A BODY BAG". Like the last time I counted 29 childrens 18 years old came back in body bags.

June 4, 2007 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  5. Dusty Bramson, Buffalo NY

I find it funny that people are bashing CNN for their news stories, when every one of these people had to at least read the story to comment on it. Stop acting so pretentious.

As for Obama, he is for change and I think that is something this country needs. It is time for the good old boys club to retire and let some fresh blood in. Hillary is OK but she is not her husband and she will never be. I think she has not taken a clear stance on the issues but blaming George for everything……… It is his entire fault but lets hear some solutions too.

June 4, 2007 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  6. Abingdon, VA

As a Sox fan, I would gladly give up a night of watching baseball to see the tremendous talent that the Democrats are presenting in presidential politics this season. Anyone with any objectivity will see that the Dems are presenting the best group of presidential contenders than either party has seen in decades. Meanwhile, the GOP is presenting one of the most disappointing groups. I say this as a very disillusioned Republican.

June 4, 2007 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  7. Jennifer, Gurnee, Illinois

Some of u are just so negative and stuck in the past that it is ridiculous. Big deal if he made the comment about the Yankees/Sox. What he can't show that he can be approachable and a REAL person? Does he have to be stiff politician ALL the time? He was trying to connect with people. Is that a crime too? I personally thought that it was fine for him to say that comment. As a young voter Senator Obama appeals to me cuz of the fact that he is approachable and REAL. If any of u know anything about sports you would know that to many people this game is a big deal and it is America's past time. I think he scored points with the people who matter and for those that he didn't you are obviously to stuck in old ways to wrap your minds around someone being a little different. Maybe Senators Obama's lack of "experience" is a good thing. Having someone in the White House that is new and fresh will be a good thing. New views, policies, and strategies that won't reflect anyone else.

June 4, 2007 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  8. Rebecca Gomez

Nothing Barrack Obama said in the June 3, 2007 debate, changes my vote for Hillary as President because she is the most capable of all the candidates and has the experience and qualifications necessary to be a great leader. Let there be no doubt that even God is on Hillary's side this November 2008,let victory ring for Hillary Clinton our next american President

June 4, 2007 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  9. Janet Loeffler, Unionville VA

Sen. Obama, you were the only one tonight in the Soledad Obrien "Faith and Politics" hour that put his faith to actions.

Thanks, from a white, middle class American.

James 2:14-26 Says Faith without works is dead. Show me your faith and it will declaire your works; vice-versa. You don't wear your works on your sleeve. It's just seen, and known, like fruit from a tree. The tree doesn't declare when the fruit is about to be brought forth...it just does it, and we all enjoy it.

I hope you are who you said you are!

June 4, 2007 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |