June 5th, 2007

Debate scorecard

CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider, Political Analyst Paul Bagala and GOP Strategist Amy Holmes give us their opinion on who won the debate and who was the most disappointing. Read what they have to say, and then tell us what you think by clicking on the "add a comment" link below.

DEBATE SCORECARD

Filed under: New Hampshire
  1. Rick, San Diego, CA

RON PAUL

I agree with Chris, TX that having best dressed is why our country is so image obsessed and superficial. Instead of focusing on the topics that affect millions of lives (try war, immigration, health care) you put up that worthless drivel of who looked the sharpest.

As for the issues, Hon. Paul is the only one who seems to understand real politics and communication. Bullets and bombs don't speak, they only destroy, maim and deliver carnage. Honest, open communication and dialogue solve problems and bring people together.

You hate much less when you learn and can understand your enemies (and allies),

June 6, 2007 02:36 am at 2:36 am |
  2. Josh, Milford, DE

Dr. Paul was honest, I found it a bit disturbing that Wolf Blitzer didn’t allow Ron Paul very much airtime. Ron Paul was the only respectful canidate up there, he didn’t argue with Wolf and talk over him. However, I did notice Wolf constantly cut him short way earlier than the other canidates.

I would go so far as to say that Dr. Paul recieved only 50% of the airtime that Rudolph Guiliani did. I think there should be a buzzer initiated for these debates, and if they do not stop talking they lose time off their next question. They could then weigh in properly on what they thought was most important by overstaying their welcome on their strongpoints, and cutting short their weakpoints…or staying balanced.

Please CNN, take my advice..it would make things seem less skewed in favor of one canidate over the other.

Dr. Paul was very honest, and conscise in his answers and did not go off on emotional and personal tangents like many of the other canidates did. I still like Dr. Paul’s message in comparison to the other canidates and he has my vote in the Primary.

Thank you.

This comment was deleted by CNN earlier tonight..it is being reposted.

June 6, 2007 05:34 am at 5:34 am |
  3. Bob Duvall, Somewherein, Virginia

Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate who doesn’t believe preemptive nuclear strikes is a good way to spread democracy to other parts of the world.

Who should win the GOP nomination is a no brainer people.

June 6, 2007 05:59 am at 5:59 am |
  4. Jean, Franklin WI

I'm ANGRY!!!! Who made up the lame joke/trick questions?

1. Who do you think won the debate? The candidates given the most time to talk! :P

Out of curiousity I kept a record of the time each candidate was allowed to speak... here it is:

McCain 800 seconds
    Giuliani 791 seconds
    Romney 727 seconds
    Brownback 506 seconds
    Hunter 450 seconds
    Huckabee 409 seconds
    Ron Paul 377 seconds
    Gilmore 371 seconds
    Tancredo 352 seconds
    Thompson 286 seconds

Any surprise here why the CNN "Experts" picked Giuliani, McCain and Romney as the winners?

3. Who had the best one-liner or comeback? Who cares???? Is this how we determine our next president? I vote for Bugs Bunny! :P

4 and 5. Who had the most disappointing / most surprising performance? Well lets see, I was very disappointed that CNN tried to choose our candidates for us, and... I wasn't surprised. Bad performance guys!

6. Whose campaign got the biggest boost from the debate? Again, the guys with the most time to talk.

7. Who was the snappiest dresser????????????????? Is there anyone with a brain behind these polls? Or is it just another attempt to brainwash your own NWO candidates into the minds of the American people?

And yes, since comments are moderated by CNN "in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy" and may not appear on this blog until they've been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting, I strongly suspect this will not appear.

Not to fear, I've emailed this same post to a number of websites keeping track of these polls, so they can see what you're carefully editing out! :P

June 6, 2007 07:19 am at 7:19 am |
  5. Jean Franklin WI

I notice someone "accidentally" deleted my post. Posting again ...

I’m ANGRY!!!! Who made up the lame joke/trick questions?

1. Who do you think won the debate? The candidates given the most time to talk!

McCain 800 seconds
    Giuliani 791 seconds
    Romney 727 seconds
    Brownback 506 seconds
    Hunter 450 seconds
    Huckabee 409 seconds
    Ron Paul 377 seconds
    Gilmore 371 seconds
    Tancredo 352 seconds
    Thompson 286 seconds

Any surprise here why the CNN “Experts” picked Giuliani, McCain and Romney as the winners?

4 and 5. Who had the most disappointing / most surprising performance? Well lets see, I was very disappointed that CNN tried to choose our candidates for us, and… I wasn’t surprised. Bad performance guys!

And yes, since comments are moderated by CNN “in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy” and may not appear on this blog until they’ve been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting, I strongly suspect this will not appear.

Not to fear, I’ve emailed this same post to a number of websites keeping track of these polls, so they can see what you’re carefully editing out!

Posted By Jean, Franklin WI : June 6, 2007 7:19 am

June 6, 2007 08:25 am at 8:25 am |
  6. Anthony Chiozza, Arlington, TX

I have a problem with the guy that claims this poll has been taken over by democrats. 46% of Americans now claim to be independent. I think what this truly represents are the people that do not always vote. I have friends that have never voted before who will be voting for Ron Paul this time around. Most of the democrats are sticking with the democrats. It is still an oxymoron to say the results should not be taken seriously even if that statement is true because that means that democrats will be voting for Dr. Paul, thus the results should be taken seriously.

June 6, 2007 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  7. JJ La Medica

Clearly, Ron Paul radiates integrity, sound-reasoning, constitutional allegiance, and statesmanship with every word he utters at these debates. Having said that, I will be throwing my support behind Mitt Romney, because he was wearing a nicer suit.

June 6, 2007 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  8. Ben

Amazing, every message board I've visited so far today is gushing over Ron Paul, yet he gets no press. It's official. The media has been bought and paid for. Rudy McRomney is leading the polls because no one else gets coverage.
    FIFTY-FOUR percent (as of now) on CNN's poll think Paul won the debate, but not a mention. I feel sick. I do not even recognize my own country anymore. This is disgusting.

June 6, 2007 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  9. James, Prescott AZ

This debate was absolutely ridiculous!!! Where did CNN come up with the questions? I have historically been a GOP supporter, but switched to Democrat as a simple vote against Bush (lesser of two evils). GIVE PEACE(PAUL) A CHANCE. Stop dancing around the issues. CNN is so one-sided it makes me want to scream. I am absolutely disgusted. I trust the internet more!!!!

June 6, 2007 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  10. James, Prescott AZ

Stop presidential candidate censorship. Let americans know the truth. Let them listen to the only honest candidate. We are fed up with the lies and half-truths. RON PAUL is America's only hope!!!!

June 6, 2007 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  11. Daniel S, Mobile AL

CNN is very biast and controlled. You only ever talk about the same people, regardless of who wins the polls you conduct. Ron Paul has won this debate.

June 6, 2007 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  12. Grady, Atl, GA

How long do you think it will take until CNN realizes that Ron Paul is HUGELY popular? I am glad I still get to vote and not just let CNN pick the next prez.

June 6, 2007 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  13. Russ Bergen County NJ

CNN Ron Paul!!! Lound and clear.
    You media outlets just dont get it.
    The American People are not as stupid as you think. broadcast what your Elite owner wants. The American People now what they want.

June 6, 2007 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  14. Joe C, Fort Payne, AL

I watched, and I thought as most of the poll voters tha Ron Paul won hands down. So tell me why none of your correspondents even give him a mention? He stands head and shoulders over any of the others in either party.

June 6, 2007 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |