June 6th, 2007

Which GOP candidate flies first class?

Ten GOP candidates squared off Tuesday night.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Seen on board the 6 a.m. US Airways flight 1159 from Manchester, New Hampshire to Washington: No less than five GOP presidential candidates: Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, former Virginia Gov. James Gilmore, and Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas.

Four of the five candidates sat in coach.

The lucky candidate who flew first class? Ron Paul.

The candidates were all flying back after facing off Tuesday night in a spirited debate in Manchester, New Hampshire, sponsored by CNN, WMUR-TV, and the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Filed under: New Hampshire
  1. Ronny, Modesto, CA

So Ron Paul flew first class...big deal. (1.) He WAS a doctor and (2.) Its like making a big deal when someone who is poor treats themselves to a Six Dollar Burger at Carls Jr. Whats life all about if you can't treat yourself well once in a while? Write articles about the issues and not petty things like this. Otherwise, I will start putting up posts how I eat ramen for lunch because CA cost of living is out of control thanks to big government. Jeez!

Ron Paul 2008!

June 6, 2007 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  2. Polly Tickle

That's OK, when he's President, he'll be flying in a nice 747, that I, for once in my life, will be happy to help provide for him.

June 6, 2007 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  3. Dave, Pensacola FL

Why was my comment removed? CNN gives Dr. Paul some negative coverage after removing the viewer comments that were very pro-paul.

We also know that CNN ordered everyone to not mention Paul, and "ice" him so he wouldn't get noticed.

June 6, 2007 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  4. R Swanson

Looks like US Airways are also Ron Paul supporters and they bumped him up to first class.

June 6, 2007 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  5. Joshua Richards, Suffolk VA

I know alot of self made men (i.e. Medical Doctors) who prefer to fly first class.

I'm extremely middle class, and I've been more than happy to pay the 200-300 fee to upgrade my ticket on long business trips.

It seems to me that to choose to fly back with the "common people" is simple posing.

June 6, 2007 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  6. Jerry Ellebell, GA

Giuliani took a private jet..LOL. Personally I'd truely like to hear more about the man...besides were he chooses to sit on airplanes. I've looked into the man and like what he has to say. Too bad he dosesn't get alot of press, dispite ALOT of public support.

June 6, 2007 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  7. Editor

It's fitting for Ron Paul to be in first class. He's a maverick among the GOP'ers. He's the only one who will get government off our backs and reinstate the Constitution...

June 6, 2007 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  8. Scott McDonnell, MI

Which candidate WORKS harder than any of others in thier personal and political careers?

Which candidate actually believes in the law of the land?

Which candidate IS first class?

Ron Paul.

June 6, 2007 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  9. Brandy Charleston SC

Most everyone loves the man...except the media

June 6, 2007 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  10. Jack, New York, NY

he should fly first clas, he won the debate even though you guys took down your own blog page about the winner!

June 6, 2007 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  11. Nathanael, Seoul Korea

I wish I could afford to fly first class.

Maybe if Ron Paul were president, I could.

June 6, 2007 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  12. Matt, Mobile, AL

CNN: always covering the important things about politics. Who flies first class? CNN's got it. What do you think GWB should do in your cabinet? CNN has got the answer. Should gays serve openly in the military? Got it. Why does Bin Laden hate us? Sorry. Will you balance the budget? Nope.

June 6, 2007 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  13. Connie, Reading, PA

And that is important why??? You are not gonna tell me the rest flew coach – that would be a lie!!

June 6, 2007 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  14. James Kong, Los Angeles, CA

He’s the only first class candidate out there anyway. The rest are just a bunch of suits. Meanwhile, the top 3 are those that the Commy News Network supports and has a clear bias towards.

June 6, 2007 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  15. Liberty Silver

He deserves it. He's first class all the way :).

June 6, 2007 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  16. Jacob Willmester

"He is the only one to fly first class"

Probably because he is the only first class candidate.

(And refuses to accept bribes like flying on corporate planes)

June 6, 2007 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  17. Jacob Bofferding, Minneapolis MN

How is this news worthly? Perhaps you could write about how Ron Paul differs on the ISSUES with other Republicans rather than flight preference. Because when it comes to the things that matter, CNN likes to pretend Mr. Paul does not exist.

June 6, 2007 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  18. Brian, Monroe, Ohio

Wow, I didnt realize CNN even knew Ron Paul was in the running. CNN's next story should be about how badly Ron Paul has beaten every candidate in post debate polls from the American people. It's funny how everyone knows how bad the Fox news slant is, but it seems they are all together when it comes to trying to smear Ron Paul. Ron Paul is growing bigger every hour of every day. Don't believe the corporate media, Ron Paul is very popular and only gets more popular when he opens his mouth and the truth spills out. American is "The Home of the Brave." Being scared is un-American. Be a Patriot, support Ron Paul.

June 6, 2007 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  19. Jon Hendry, Cambridge, MA

The others, no doubt flew on corporate jets provided by donor companies or lobbyists, with their sizable entourages.

You buried the lede!

June 6, 2007 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  20. Sammy, Princeton, NJ

Is this detail honestly important, at all? The guy can choose to fly in first class if he so chooses. It's not like hes flying in a private Jet (Giuliani). This is yet another attempt by the media to slander Ron Paul.

June 6, 2007 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  21. James, Gainesville, Texas

Wow, I hope CNN is enjoying those kickbacks for smearing Ron Paul. How about worrying about more important things? Like how the rest of the candidates want to run around torturing everyone?

June 6, 2007 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  22. Anonymous

Why is this news/politically relevant?

June 6, 2007 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  23. Patriot, CNN Sucks, State of Freedom

Well this is a stupid and pointless post.

Gee lets see which one of the lower funded candidates flied first class while not paying attention to the filthy rich ones who probably flew out in a private jet with their fake smiling face painted on the side.

June 6, 2007 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  24. Kronber, Omaha, NE

wow.... so by quoting what Ron Paul says and does, the news media (FOX, CNN...whoever) is committing slander??

I guess I'm confused, cause that sounds like reporting the news to me.

June 6, 2007 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  25. Mike Bellman, Columbia, MO

I am glad that they noticed Ron Paul on a plane I hope soon that they'll notice him on STAGE. Stop the censorship and bring honesty back to the political process.

June 6, 2007 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |