June 15th, 2007

What if Giuliani wins?

Watch CNN's Frank Sesno consider the effects of a Giuliani presidency.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - In part two of a continuing series, CNN Special Correspondent Frank Sesno examines what a Giuliani presidential administration might look like.

Sesno previously examined a potential Obama presidency.

Filed under: Rudy Giuliani
  1. bret, atlanta, ga

God help us if this becomes a reality. But maybe that's what we need to start a revolution for real.

June 15, 2007 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  2. DMW, Roeland Park, KS

I think the country might become suicidal if we ended up with another person becoming President who wants to continue the Iraq war far into the future. And who may extend the war by thinking we may need to do something about Iran. The country would have to be medicated.

So, in my heart, I do not feel he'd become President.

June 15, 2007 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  3. josef monroe ny

i hope he will be the next president i know him from new york city he is a strong man he will fight the terorist so i hope he will win in if he win the face of americe will get more stronger then yet

June 15, 2007 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  4. JF, Los Angeles, CA

I used to live in NYC. This guy is a disaster waiting to happen! In too many ways he would be a continuation of the failed and disastrous policies of the last 6 years. We do not want him as president.

June 15, 2007 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  5. Robert Cadalso, NYC, NY

I think a Giuliani presidency is my biggest fear. I live in New York City and before 9/11 we hated the man for his viciousness and stupidity.

I agree with Bret from Atlanta, that is all we need to start a revolution.

If we think George Bush is bad, vote Giuliani, he will make Bush seem sane!

June 15, 2007 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  6. DJ, Los Angeles, CA

I am glad that that am too old now to get drafted.

This man seems more trigger-happy than anybody candidates and probably will launch even more pre-emptive wars.

June 15, 2007 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  7. Brady, Moscow, Idaho

Guiliani is not the right choice for president. He essentially has outlined the same strategies in foreign policy as the current administration, but like most other republican candidates (save Ron Paul who never liked Bush's policies in the first place), it is politically beneficial for him to distance himself from Bush. He's no better, probably worse.

June 15, 2007 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  8. Chuck, Miami, FL

If this guy becomes President, then this country will really hit bottom. This guy changes more wives, than he does clothing. He doesn't know what it means to be a conservative with it comes to the issues of abortion, gay rights, and gun control. Finally, since when did being Mayor of a city that got hit by terrorists meant that you were qualified to be President?

June 15, 2007 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  9. Dan (Boston, MA)

All in all, not worth watching. They don't really answer the question. Best not waste your time.

June 15, 2007 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  10. Anonymous

He wont!

June 17, 2007 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  11. Gwen,North Carolina

I don't think Jolie should have played
    in the mighty heart,because she does not have a heart of her own,her name is JO -Lie,she took a husband from his wife.

June 18, 2007 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  12. Gerry

I love Guilliani. Smart and brave. He is not hiding his head in the sand and behaving as if terrorism doesn't exist and has been growing stronger against America since the 1970's. Radical terrorists intend to impose their will on us whether we want it or not. To ignore the situation is to be weak and taken over. We have no guaranteed in America or anywhere else. We either are strong or we're weak. I enjoy freedom and safety. I will either vote for Guilliani or Hillary. I think both actually understand the great odds this country is up against. Hillary understands, but keeps it lowkey for those who are truly spoiled and in denial in this country, and Guilliani just throws it out there. I'll likely vote for Guilliani. It will be one or the other. I see no one else as presidential.

June 18, 2007 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |