July 4th, 2007

Former President Bush tees it up with Tiger

Watch George H. W. Bush tee off Wednesday.

WASHINGT0N (CNN) - Former President George Bush teed it up with golf great Tiger Woods Wednesday to kick of the AT&T Earl Woods Memorial Pro-Am.

The tournament, organized by Tiger Woods and held at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland, begins Thursday.

"There's a no laughing rule in effect - If anyone laughs when I hit it they are dead," Bush joked before he teed off. "We got the Secret Service here to look after me."

Filed under: George H.W. Bush
  1. AARON MAHER BOONVILLE, NY

NICE TO SEE THE FORMER WAR PRESIDENT AND FATHER OF THE PRESENT WAR PRESIDENT LAUGHING AND JOKING ON THE GOLF COURSE WHILE YOUNG MEN ARE DYING IN IRAQ...

July 4, 2007 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  2. tim st. louis mo

I guess you'd prefer seeing Bill Clinton holding hands will teenage girls.

July 4, 2007 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  3. John, Mansfield Ohio

Nice to see that you are insane.

July 4, 2007 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  4. Tom - Dedham, Mass

Nice to see the former DO NOTHING but "ya' know" while terrorists bombed the WTC, USS Cole, American Embassies (to name just a few) president skipping around Iowa trying to get his wife who voted FOR the war elected.

July 4, 2007 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  5. Bruce, Franklin, TN

Aaron, get a grip. Should George H.W. Bush be on the front lines in Iraq? Do you not think the world was justified in 1991 to kick Iraq out of Kuwait? I don't believe Bush 41 was a "war president" anymore than Clinton was a "war president" for supporting action in Serbia/Croatia. Let the guy play golf for God's sake.

July 4, 2007 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  6. Tobias Schraven

Hooray for Tiger and President George H W Bush. I would have lost respect for Tiger had he been seen golfing with the inveterate cheater and all around cad, Bill Clinton.

July 4, 2007 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  7. Jon, Sioux City, Iowa

Aaron....We wouldn't be in Irag had Carter had any nads

July 4, 2007 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  8. Kevin, Jeddah, KSA - Supporting your troops and I'm not even American

To Aaron;
    You need to remove your head from your, um, posterior.
    To Tom;
    I was in the Gulf when the Cole was attacked, and 'ya know' I am pretty sure if you were president, even you wouldn't have been able to stop that one.
    To the rest of America who thinks that Clinton was god,
    You need to have your heads collectively examined. Not that GB43 is really that better, but he didn't screw around on his wife in his own backyard.

July 4, 2007 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  9. Mike, Corpus Christ Texas

Good comment Aaron. I understand where you're coming from. I'm tired of seeing both Bushs' also. Dubbyia was promoting his new "Iraqi Adventure" this July 4th, which is just another way to say "yes, we'll stay the course." It's pathetic! The good news is his public support continues to slip, maybe if we're lucky, he'll end up with "0" support some day soon.

As to the continual "Clinton bashing," how could anybody NOT have respect for Clinton, who came from a poor family background, but grew up the hard way; versus bush, who was born with a 'silver spoon' in his mouth, and had his whole life handed to him on a 'silver platter.' Daddy made sure of that! Pathetic!

July 4, 2007 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  10. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Great to see Millionaires taking time out of their busy schedules to honour the Military. How Noble. I'm sure their wallets will get fatter as a result.

But always nice to see a Loving Father trying to put a plug in for his Number One Son.

July 4, 2007 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  11. Matt Houston Texas

Please dont group the Bush's together.

George HW Bush is a great person who is actively involved in communities and is a very genuine person. I went to Texas A&M and he is always out there visiting with students and actively participating with his Library.

July 5, 2007 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  12. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Guess Dubya's genes must have come from Mom then! :-) But it's still all in the Family.

July 5, 2007 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  13. Mike, Corpus Christi Texas

Don't group the two together? How can you not group the two together? LOL! They are both Bushs', and they come from one of the oldest and wealthiest families in America. I can just see the father when he's with the son, saying, "now george you're doing just fine, keep up the good work!" Texas A&M is an excellent university, however that school is a bastion for the evangelical right wing. It's no wonder that A&M has become a Bush "safe house." By the way, that family has it's roots in Maine, not Texas!

July 5, 2007 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  14. HAWK TX.

WHAT A BUNCH THAT THINKS SHRUB IS SO GREAT.HE DUCKED OUT ON HIS MILITARY OBLIGATION, BUCKSHOT CHENEY GOT 5 DEFERMENTS, THEY TOOK US TO WAR BASED ON LIES, OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN IN IRAQ WHILE BUSHE'S PLAY AROUND THE WORLD PARTYING.SHRUB KEEPS SENDING TROOPS BACK AND BACK AGAIN. AND I AM A VETERAN

July 5, 2007 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  15. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Hawk: I hear ya and agree 100%
    I might be a Canadian but I know a Spoiled Rotten Mommy's Boy who thinks he's God's Gift to the World and too puffed up to realize he wouldn't even make Santa's list at Xmas!

Pathethic isn't it how people can actually make themselves believe there is something good in this Man? Maybe we should be smokin whatever they got?

July 7, 2007 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |