Actor Tony Sirico of “The Sopranos” gave to Giuliani last quarter.
WASHINGTON (CNN) - Celebrity donors. You know they're out there. But finding them in those Federal Election Commission reports buried among tens of thousands of celebrity-impaired Americans can be a royal pain in the Oscar.
But we at the CNN Political Ticker have painstakingly reviewed the latest batch of presidential fundraising disclosures and have compiled that information in convenient list form, complete with bullet points.
Click below for The Ticker's list of celebrity donors.
HILLARY CLINTON (D)
* Ruby Dee, actress: $250
* Danny DeVito, actor: $2,300
* Fran Drescher, TV's "The Nanny": $2,300
* Joely Fisher, actress $4,600
* Tom Hanks, actor: $2,300
* Ed Helms, actor, “Andy Bernard” in NBC’s “The Office”: $250
* Sharon Lawrence, "NYPD Blue" co-star: $1,000
* Tobey Maguire, actor $4,600
* Marla Maples, actress: $1,000
* Paul Newman, actor: $4,600
* Rhea Perlman, actress $2,300
* Pauly Shore, actor $1,000
* Ben Stiller, actor $6,900 ($4,600 is the legal limit)
* George Takei, actor $1,000
* Lily Tomlin, actress $2,000
* Rita Wilson, actress $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, actress $4,600
CHRIS DODD (D)
* John Lithgow, actor: $1000
* Christy Romano, actress, singer, voice of “Kim Possible”: $300
JOHN EDWARDS (D)
* Oliver Stone, director: $500
* Mary Steenburgen, actress: $2300
* Ben Stiller, actor: $4600
* Peter Coyote, actor: $1054
* Sharon Lawrence, actress: $1000
MIKE GRAVEL (D)
* Mark Ruffalo, actor: $700
BARACK OBAMA (D)
* Adam Arkin, actor $250
* Paul Dooley, actor $2,300
* Jodie Foster, actress $1,000
* Jamie Foxx, actor $2,300
* Martha Hackett, “Star Trek” actress $2,300
* Bruce Hornsby, singer $2,300
* Anna Horsford, “Amen” actress $500
* Cedric “The Entertainer” Kyles, actor $2,500
* Eriq La Salle, actor $500
* Paul Newman, actor $4,600
* Tom Skerritt, actor $1,000
* Jean Smart, actress $4,600
* Jada Smith, actress $4,600
* Will Smith, actor $4,600
* David Sutcliffe, “Gilmore Girls” Actor $1,250
* Isaiah Washington, former “Grey’s Anatomy” Actor $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, Actress $4,600
DENNIS KUCINICH (D)
* Shelley Morrison, actress (“Rosario” on “Will and Grace”): $1600
* Alexandra Paul, actress, “Baywatch” co-star: $1300
* Deirdre Hall, “Days of Our Lives” actress: $1000
* Hector Elizondo, actor: $300
BILL RICHARDSON (D)
* Michael Douglas, actor: $3100
* Val Kilmer, actor: $2300
* Paul Newman, actor: $2300
* Edward James Olmos, actor: $2300
* Wendie Malick, “Just Shoot Me” actress: $500
* Steven Spielberg, director: $2300
* Kate Capshaw, actress, wife of Steven Spielberg: $2300
* Jodie Foster, actress: $1000
* Christie Brinkley, self-described as “Model/Mom/Environmental activist”: $500
* Bette Midler, actress/singer: $4600
* Sherry Lansing, former film executive: $2300
* William Friedkin, director: $2300
* James L. Brooks, producer/writer: $1000
RUDY GIULIANI (R)
* Tony Sirico, actor, “Paulie Walnuts” on “The Sopranos”: $1000
* Melissa Gilbert, actress: $4600
How can Ben Stiller give more than the $4600 maximum? WHat happens to the remainder?
These comments on campaign contributions are a trip! It's hard to believe intelligent folk (and we all are, aren't we?) can get so worked up over this when we have lost nearly 4,000 lives in Iraq; New Orleans continues to die a slow, ugly death; global warming is melting our polar icecaps; lack of funding and ridiculous rules governing No Child Left Behind is sucking the last breath from our education system; a covert CIA agent was outed by those in the very highest offices of our government (which is, need one be reminded, being run by a dark vice president and the president's political hack); and finally - NO ONE in our White House administration cares a whit about what any of us thinks about any of this!!! So who cares if somebody publishes a list of stars giving money to politicians????
Why is everyone getting all worked up. It's a fluff piece. CNN thought that some people might be interested in who was donating to whom.
By the way, Pauley Shore is one of the greatest actors of our generation. Pauley, I'll be expecting a check in the mail. :)
It's quite offensive for someone to call a republican ignorant and uneducated. And to Joe Anon...delusional is spelled with an 'e' not an 'i.'
I'm sure other people noticed, but a lot won't, that you lead your story with a celebrity giving to a Republican candidate and all but two celebrities gave to Democratic candidates. Why didn't you lead with a celebrity giving to a Democratic candidate since that's where most of the celebrities send there political money? There definately is a need for other news sources since some try there hardest to sway the people to there way of thinking. This is why Fox News has done so well!!
Very good blog, very rich and nice pictures and articles, congratulations !!!
I'm glad that there were only a couple of celebs stupid enough to give to Giuliani.
Love the new tech toys. I just look at those who contributed to ANY Republican candidate, and I block their shows from even showing up on my listing of possible shows to watch.
Not much of of protest I agree, but it was fun while I did the programming.
Hey CNN, why don't you post which lobbyists, and CEO's of oil companies contributed, that'd be really interesting!!! Who cares about celebs. They are just regular people that take great pictures.
hey, where are the donations to ron paul's campaign. he's rockin' and rollin' and we're going to be seeing more and more of him.
While I think they are contributing to the party that will win in 2008 – the Democrats – come on, should anyone care who actors support?
Melissa Gilbert? I'd suggest she be picked apart by vultures but even scavengers used to feeding on putrid meat would wretch from the poison of the plastic within her rotten flesh. This insecure, desperate, fallen-fool-actress has made her ignorance known to all. Coward! Treasonous has-been!
She has made public her campaign contributions to that opportunistic troll, Giuliani! That tiny little freak war-monger is the embodiment of this nation's vile sickness. As a New Yorker who suffered his long ineptitude before, during & after "The Event", whose father was directly involved in scraping up the sad mess of 911 while the shameless little media monkey mayor lisped twisted patriotism for the cameras, who witnessed the horizon fade in great gray cancer clouds, who saw the polluted east American waters lined with air-craft carriers & battleships I do not hide my hate for little Rudy! Mind you, my contempt is contained! I clench my teeth to keep from running off the most obscene string of wrath...
Any intelligent, worthwhile citizen of that city will tell you little Rudy was & is a laughing stock – a ridiculous, talentless warlock, a heartless, soulless minor-league demon! He used a smoldering tragedy to sell his face to a fragile, fearful nation. The audacity! The Betrayal! On top of it all, he – the gutless, loathsome weasel waterboy – literally embraced America's criminal three-ring-leader; he embraced the foul oil-sucker whose administration was responsible for the attack, the dick who was playing golf while intelligence reports warned of the impending threat, who sat blank-faced at the news, who has enough evil in his blood to share air with his half-dead whale of a vice-president without turning & tearing that crooked-minded head from that fat dump of a body. Speaking the names of these men, these Republican rat *beep* should summon thunderclouds red with brimstone, should boil the bravery of the Good Side – should draw us into action, flaming wine bottles filled with gasoline should sail over the fence of a certain house... Enough goddamnit! Enough! And enough tolerating those who support the treachery – they are my enemies to the grave!
Do you see "Ron Paul`s" name on this list,NO! and you won`t.
"Ron Paul" is in nobodies pocket...NOBODIES!!
The people I respect are the ones who do kind acts for people and do not go out of thier way to let everyone know about it. How many actors would watch Bill the plumber from Missouri have a show about fixing a leaky sink (which they would just have someone do for them anyway) then go on to explain how the government needs to do something about the situation in Darfur. Most likely none of them. Just shut up and act. And anyway,Bono's and Babs of the world, one we sent troops into the Sudan to help, you'd start screaming to "withdraw the troops!" You can't win in this world, the media is using you, and you don't know it, so once again...just shut up and "act".