Actor Tony Sirico of “The Sopranos” gave to Giuliani last quarter.
WASHINGTON (CNN) - Celebrity donors. You know they're out there. But finding them in those Federal Election Commission reports buried among tens of thousands of celebrity-impaired Americans can be a royal pain in the Oscar.
But we at the CNN Political Ticker have painstakingly reviewed the latest batch of presidential fundraising disclosures and have compiled that information in convenient list form, complete with bullet points.
Click below for The Ticker's list of celebrity donors.
HILLARY CLINTON (D)
* Ruby Dee, actress: $250
* Danny DeVito, actor: $2,300
* Fran Drescher, TV's "The Nanny": $2,300
* Joely Fisher, actress $4,600
* Tom Hanks, actor: $2,300
* Ed Helms, actor, “Andy Bernard” in NBC’s “The Office”: $250
* Sharon Lawrence, "NYPD Blue" co-star: $1,000
* Tobey Maguire, actor $4,600
* Marla Maples, actress: $1,000
* Paul Newman, actor: $4,600
* Rhea Perlman, actress $2,300
* Pauly Shore, actor $1,000
* Ben Stiller, actor $6,900 ($4,600 is the legal limit)
* George Takei, actor $1,000
* Lily Tomlin, actress $2,000
* Rita Wilson, actress $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, actress $4,600
CHRIS DODD (D)
* John Lithgow, actor: $1000
* Christy Romano, actress, singer, voice of “Kim Possible”: $300
JOHN EDWARDS (D)
* Oliver Stone, director: $500
* Mary Steenburgen, actress: $2300
* Ben Stiller, actor: $4600
* Peter Coyote, actor: $1054
* Sharon Lawrence, actress: $1000
MIKE GRAVEL (D)
* Mark Ruffalo, actor: $700
BARACK OBAMA (D)
* Adam Arkin, actor $250
* Paul Dooley, actor $2,300
* Jodie Foster, actress $1,000
* Jamie Foxx, actor $2,300
* Martha Hackett, “Star Trek” actress $2,300
* Bruce Hornsby, singer $2,300
* Anna Horsford, “Amen” actress $500
* Cedric “The Entertainer” Kyles, actor $2,500
* Eriq La Salle, actor $500
* Paul Newman, actor $4,600
* Tom Skerritt, actor $1,000
* Jean Smart, actress $4,600
* Jada Smith, actress $4,600
* Will Smith, actor $4,600
* David Sutcliffe, “Gilmore Girls” Actor $1,250
* Isaiah Washington, former “Grey’s Anatomy” Actor $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, Actress $4,600
DENNIS KUCINICH (D)
* Shelley Morrison, actress (“Rosario” on “Will and Grace”): $1600
* Alexandra Paul, actress, “Baywatch” co-star: $1300
* Deirdre Hall, “Days of Our Lives” actress: $1000
* Hector Elizondo, actor: $300
BILL RICHARDSON (D)
* Michael Douglas, actor: $3100
* Val Kilmer, actor: $2300
* Paul Newman, actor: $2300
* Edward James Olmos, actor: $2300
* Wendie Malick, “Just Shoot Me” actress: $500
* Steven Spielberg, director: $2300
* Kate Capshaw, actress, wife of Steven Spielberg: $2300
* Jodie Foster, actress: $1000
* Christie Brinkley, self-described as “Model/Mom/Environmental activist”: $500
* Bette Midler, actress/singer: $4600
* Sherry Lansing, former film executive: $2300
* William Friedkin, director: $2300
* James L. Brooks, producer/writer: $1000
RUDY GIULIANI (R)
* Tony Sirico, actor, “Paulie Walnuts” on “The Sopranos”: $1000
* Melissa Gilbert, actress: $4600
You've left out an important donor, Barbra Streisand, who has given to all the Democrat candidates!
$1000 to Giuliani? Another reason to despise Paulie Walnuts.
Are we to believe that only democrat candidates and Giuliani have received celebrity donations?
Where's the list of the republican donors? And dont say there arent any,because there are.Its more likely that a list of republicans in hollywood doesnt fit into myth of "liberal hollywood"
Gee whiz, all the politics a celeb can buy for under 5 grand ... and, they forgot Barbara Streisand ... you giant ignoramus.
When a similar light is shed on the millions of dollars that corporate America pumps into the Republican party ... then I'll give a crap.
And this is news... why?
Aren't there a few things more important for your top story other than celebrity campaign contributions.
Why don't you do your job and place priority on things that are important to American people's lives?
I'm not going to bash this list too much, mostly just because I feel really sorry for all those poor interns you made pore through those many thousands of names.
But this is article is missing an explanation of why there are listings for conservative candidates; or at least one stating that you were only able to obtain whatever lists you were able to obtain.
After spending a few years in L.A., I must say, where celebrities spend their money is not of any importance to me. By their own career choice, actors are generally the least (formally) educated cross/section of society. Much like signing a pitcher out of high school, I personally wouldn't consider this group in a position of influencing my decisions on many topics other than maybe "lighting", perhaps.
Lots of celebrities like Barbra Streisand are missing from this list because this list includes the donors from this quarter only. Any celebrities who donated in previous quarters would not be included here.
Yeah, I'd like to see a similar list of personal contributions by CEO's of major corporations. I'm a lot more worried about the favors that those guys can call in, than a bunch of actors and producers.
Hey this is great we get to see
the new Hollywood toilet paper,
before it becomes the new "Green"
in paper to use. What is your favorite brand? Frannie Drescher looks good
how about Christie Brinkley?
Any wonder why these people are so out of touch? they want change and not one
had Ron Paul?
Tony Sirico, of all people Rudy?
he put all Italians innocent and
guilty away for life, what kids of wise
guy are you?
better tune into the real world
Great job CNN, you've exposed the dirty underbelly of Hollywood and their nasty gifts of hundreds of dollars to Democrats.
If we allow this to continue unnoticed, one day we'll wake up to find that they've donated almost 1% of what corporations donate to Republicans.
Didn't Adam Sandler donate to Giuliani? I bet this is only a small fraction of the total donations.
I love HuffPost, but I think these kind of articles really weaken it's impact. This is so unimportant. It's gossipy, not relevant to anything, and pushes the blog into a silly kind of realm.
Thanks. Interesting info. Next time I'd like to see Mel Gibson and Charles Heston's (Jesus and Moses, respectively) donations listed.
Hey Paul, ya dope ... do you really think Corporations don't donate to DEMOCRATS too??
If you do, someone needs to donate a quarter to you so you can buy a clue.
How can Pauly Shore afford to give $1000 to a candidate?! Shouldn't someone be donating $1000 to him?!
I'd like to see the complete list with celebrities from the other funraising quarters.
To those of you who said "Why is this news?"...Why did you read it?
You people are so angry about this campaign already and we still have 16 months to go. CNN is covering news all over and this is merely a piece of interest to many people out there. If you hadn't noticed, we are a celebrity-obsessed culture. And if Lindsay Lohan checking out of rehab is worthy of the front page, so is this. Relax.
Pauly Shore supports Hillary! If thats not enough of a reason to NOT vote for her, I don't know what is.
P.S. Where did Pauly Shore get $1000? Doesn't he work at Burger King now?
It says elsewhere on CNN Adam Sandler also gave to Giuliani
They forgot to report that the giant doofus Adam Sandler gave the maximum allowed to Guiliani. Not that I liked him before, but now I despise him. I think sandler, and anyone else for that matter, must be dilusional in order to give $ to any pig republican after what this adminisrtration's done to our country...
To answer Joanne's question, it's important because some people want to know where their entertainment $ are going. If Ben Stiller is giving more than the legal limit to Shrillary, then maybe I won't see his movies anymore. And if Paul Newman is giving to all the dems, then maybe I won't buy his dressing anymore.
And to Suzanne Cordier, "Go get your shinebox!"
These compilations show the state of American politics.Was this effort worth it? No wonder most people are no longer interested in politics. No substance.