Actor Tony Sirico of “The Sopranos” gave to Giuliani last quarter.
WASHINGTON (CNN) - Celebrity donors. You know they're out there. But finding them in those Federal Election Commission reports buried among tens of thousands of celebrity-impaired Americans can be a royal pain in the Oscar.
But we at the CNN Political Ticker have painstakingly reviewed the latest batch of presidential fundraising disclosures and have compiled that information in convenient list form, complete with bullet points.
Click below for The Ticker's list of celebrity donors.
HILLARY CLINTON (D)
* Ruby Dee, actress: $250
* Danny DeVito, actor: $2,300
* Fran Drescher, TV's "The Nanny": $2,300
* Joely Fisher, actress $4,600
* Tom Hanks, actor: $2,300
* Ed Helms, actor, “Andy Bernard” in NBC’s “The Office”: $250
* Sharon Lawrence, "NYPD Blue" co-star: $1,000
* Tobey Maguire, actor $4,600
* Marla Maples, actress: $1,000
* Paul Newman, actor: $4,600
* Rhea Perlman, actress $2,300
* Pauly Shore, actor $1,000
* Ben Stiller, actor $6,900 ($4,600 is the legal limit)
* George Takei, actor $1,000
* Lily Tomlin, actress $2,000
* Rita Wilson, actress $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, actress $4,600
CHRIS DODD (D)
* John Lithgow, actor: $1000
* Christy Romano, actress, singer, voice of “Kim Possible”: $300
JOHN EDWARDS (D)
* Oliver Stone, director: $500
* Mary Steenburgen, actress: $2300
* Ben Stiller, actor: $4600
* Peter Coyote, actor: $1054
* Sharon Lawrence, actress: $1000
MIKE GRAVEL (D)
* Mark Ruffalo, actor: $700
BARACK OBAMA (D)
* Adam Arkin, actor $250
* Paul Dooley, actor $2,300
* Jodie Foster, actress $1,000
* Jamie Foxx, actor $2,300
* Martha Hackett, “Star Trek” actress $2,300
* Bruce Hornsby, singer $2,300
* Anna Horsford, “Amen” actress $500
* Cedric “The Entertainer” Kyles, actor $2,500
* Eriq La Salle, actor $500
* Paul Newman, actor $4,600
* Tom Skerritt, actor $1,000
* Jean Smart, actress $4,600
* Jada Smith, actress $4,600
* Will Smith, actor $4,600
* David Sutcliffe, “Gilmore Girls” Actor $1,250
* Isaiah Washington, former “Grey’s Anatomy” Actor $2,300
* Joanne Woodward, Actress $4,600
DENNIS KUCINICH (D)
* Shelley Morrison, actress (“Rosario” on “Will and Grace”): $1600
* Alexandra Paul, actress, “Baywatch” co-star: $1300
* Deirdre Hall, “Days of Our Lives” actress: $1000
* Hector Elizondo, actor: $300
BILL RICHARDSON (D)
* Michael Douglas, actor: $3100
* Val Kilmer, actor: $2300
* Paul Newman, actor: $2300
* Edward James Olmos, actor: $2300
* Wendie Malick, “Just Shoot Me” actress: $500
* Steven Spielberg, director: $2300
* Kate Capshaw, actress, wife of Steven Spielberg: $2300
* Jodie Foster, actress: $1000
* Christie Brinkley, self-described as “Model/Mom/Environmental activist”: $500
* Bette Midler, actress/singer: $4600
* Sherry Lansing, former film executive: $2300
* William Friedkin, director: $2300
* James L. Brooks, producer/writer: $1000
RUDY GIULIANI (R)
* Tony Sirico, actor, “Paulie Walnuts” on “The Sopranos”: $1000
* Melissa Gilbert, actress: $4600
Why don't you publish how much the candidates receive from big corporations and "religious" leaders. That accounts for so much more than the celebrity money.
Tony Soprano should have whacked Paulie when he had the chance! LOL
With donations in the $200 and $300 range it's clear to me that some actors need more work.
A few clicks on the searchable database provided by NYTimes.com shows this list to be quite incomplete and certainly not comprehensive.
I believe editing the word "painstakingly" from the pretext would be an appropriate first step.
I have a novel idea. Why doesn't Hillary just sell some of the stuff that she and her hubby STOLE from the White House when they left? Better yet, put up Monica's dress on the auction block! haaaaa And you can't buy votes – morons!
I think that republican donations are most likely to be "anonymous" since it is not really cool in Hollywood to be a Republican! Plus, the Democrats did raise SEVERAL million more than the Repubs...deservedly so!
Tony Sirico is the visual poster boy for Republicans!
Why would CNN (or CMM, Corporate Military Media) put his trustworthy mug on the lead to this story? When the real story is the overwhelming amount of BIG NAMES who give to the reasoned Democrats!
Who cares? It's only the "Liberal Hollywood" here.
I'm voting Republican so I really don't care what these people donate.
For all who are wondering where Barb Streisand's donation is, it is likely that she already made maximum contributions in the last quarter. Also, many of the fundraisers they host are for general fund cash, not necessarily to specific candidates, so they are not reported by the campaigns, but by the DNCC and RNCC.
I am curious about the lack of info on GOP candidates, though. Surely somebody like Toby Keith has given money to Huckabee.
I'm surprized that Paulie Shore even has $1000 bucks left from his long-ago comedic career...
Obama or Hillary that is funny... The Republicans will obviously win in 2008, especially now that the GOP and Bush are at odds.
I'm pretty sure Streisand donated the maximum allowable in the first quarter. These are second quarter numbers. So quit complaining that she isn't represented here.
What's even more sad than the fact that this is "newsworthy" is the fact that so many of you will, once again, vote for the Republican party. After what they've done to this country(not to mention other areas of the world!) in the past eight years, it's appalling that there are so many ignorant, uninformed voters out there.
did anyone notice that all these celebrities gave money to democrats. and Rudy who is somewhat liberal w/ his republican views? lovely example Hollywood. I'm proud to admire you all.
I saw that Barry Manilow gave $2300 to Ron Paul on his 2nd quarter report. So now, while I still don't care for his music, no one can say anything bad about him in my presence any longer. :)
What is the logic behind some of these folks donating to more than one candidate? This shows some pretty shallow motives. 1) They want to look good to their other celeb friends 2) They need a tax write off?
Pretty shallow and lame stuff if you ask me. Why a person can't just grow a pair and say or stand behind one candidate is beyond me. Giving/supporting more than one candidate at the same time indicates a real weakness and an obvious need for acceptance from other "hollywood cronies". I have alot more admiration for someone who can say they support a particular candidate. The others have no credibility in my book.
Helllo... the reason they didn't list any famous people donating to conservative candidates is because NOBODY wants another conservative republican in the white house, celebs included!
This is ridiculous. What about all the republicans. I feel like this is a smear story trying to frame Democrats as elite and disconnected with the American people. What matters if actresses and actors are donating.
What about corporation, conservative think tanks, and special interest groups that have donated to Republicans?
How can Pauly Shore afford to give $1000 to a candidate?! Shouldn’t someone be donating $1000 to him?!
Posted By Keith, Columbia, MD
LOL... I suggest Keith for president!
GoodbyeKitty asked where's the list of Republican donors. I think that Sly Stallone gave $1000 to Richard Nixon's '08 campaign; and Bruce Willis has donated to the "Draft Cheney in '08" campaign. ;-)
Jo Anon and Jackson, way to keep it toimpersonal and reasonable discussion!I am so impressed by your maturity. "Pig Republicans" and "ignorant, uninformed voters". very classy. "Pigs" because they don't agree with YOU? "Ignorant and uninformed" because if they just had some education and intelligence, they would surely see that YOUR way is THE way? Pathetic. Maybe Ann Coulter's way really IS the only way to deal with Liberals.
First, to the people who think CNN wasted a lot of time on this. If a human being scanned the list for celebs I'd be very surprised. Finding the overlap between two lists – one of celebs and one of political donors – is high school level computer programming. Second, the lack of republicans on the list is probably more indicative of the list of celebs they started with rather than any overt bias. It might also be that, being good republicans, some actors lined up their donations early and were therefore not included on this quarters list. Third, as to why this is important.. Its not. Its fluff and getting yourself in a bind over it seems silly.
Marcotico, favors for CEOs like what, making more money for their company which puts more money into the economy which in turn creates more jobs because people spend more money???
Thats America for yeah; I would still vote for GW again, The poor lad is in a no win situation & is doing what he can to protect Hollywood from the wrath of Islamic Fundelmentalisim and whats up with that Jack Kaferdi guy, he makes yeah wanna through your tv threw the window..