July 20th, 2007

Politics 411: Dems ready to rumble

Watch CNN’s Candy Crowley preview Monday’s debate.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – CNN’s Candy Crowley gives a preview of the upcoming CNN/You Tube Democratic Debate this Monday, in the latest CNN.com’s Politics 411.

Filed under: CNN/YouTube Debate
  1. Mary, Beaver, PA

Oh really? Have they found their backbones yet?

July 20, 2007 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  2. Tom - Dedham, Mass

Is this the debate that Mr. Fair and balanced, Keith Olberman is doing?

I can't wait.

July 20, 2007 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  3. Connie, Tn.

Mary: I think it is amusing that all you Repugs think the Democrats have no backbone. Maybe they can keep the war going when they get in office so everyone will feel safe!!

July 20, 2007 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  4. Mo C. Sugar Land, Texas

I'll watch what the Dems are doing...I'm sure that when they get elected in 2008, this bunch of bottom-feeders will be after my earnings.
    Thank God for the 2nd amendment !!!

July 20, 2007 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  5. Mary, Beaver, PA

Connie, I think it's very funny that you consider me a Republican just because I'm waiting for the opposition party to ACT like an opposition party instead of the spineless jellyfish that they have been since 1980. Well, you're wrong!!!

July 20, 2007 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  6. Jeff M Boston, MA

Mary – I actually thought similiar to connie but because you say "their" as it is an insult and that you are on a side that has one .. If you said have we we found our .. then maybe the assumption that you are a republican wouldn't of come across .. either way I think it's easy to sit on the sidelines and say that someone has no backbone .. I've volunteered and worked to make a difference what have you done?

July 20, 2007 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  7. Jason, Kansas City, MO

Mary,

Is it your opinion then, just from reading these posts then, that the only way a political party has a backbone is if they go to war to force the American Values on other countries? I am curious what you believe makes the Republicans so strong and the Democrats so weak (I am curious what you think, not hearing something regurgitated that the mass media has fed people).

July 20, 2007 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  8. James, Pheonix AZ

Jason, Jeff, Connie ~

If you have read many of Mary's posts you'll see she is NO republican. No doubt she can defend herself but I my impression is that Mary is a democrat who is frustrated the leadership of her party is silent and not doing the work of their constituents. The war in iraq continues, Pelosi says Impeachment off the table, Senate can't get any issues moved forward (blame the republicans but when the house/senate are fairly evenly divided either parties negotiate to find solutions or dig in for a stalemate).

I'm not defending Mary – but IF her frustrations come from a do-nothing leadership from the Democratic Party... I see her point (and I'm a conservative)

Hillary in '08 – and get these apathetic conservatives OFF the couch and into the voting booths... anyone but another Clinton!
    :) Warm regrads!

July 20, 2007 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  9. cr

What could be so bad about a Clinton? Can you say budget surplus? Does anyone remember that Bill Clinton bombed an Al Quaida hide out and miss Bin LAden by a mere 3 hours? At the time repugs were screaming that the bombing was a diversion from his scandal. How quickly they forget that Clinton, for all his faults left office with a country wealthy and more folks insures than today. Lower abortion rates, too!

July 20, 2007 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |