July 23rd, 2007

Question #1276: If Sen. Clinton is elected president, does anyone have a problem with the same two families being in charge of the government for 28 consecutive years?

Cris Nolan from Mundelein, IL

(CNN) - Cris Nolan from Mundelein, IL asks: "Hi, my name's Chris Nolan and I'm a democratic precinct committeeman from Mundelein, Illinois and my question is for Hillary Clinton. With Bush, Clinton and Bush again serving as the last three presidents, how would electing you, a Clinton, constitute the type of change in Washington so many people in the heartland are yearning for and what your campaign has been talking about. I was also wondering if any of the other candidates had a problem with the same two families being in charge of the executive branch of government for 28 consecutive years if Hillary Clinton were to be potentially elected and then re-elected. Good luck and whoever becomes the nominee, I'll be pulling for you. Go Democrats!"

What did you think about the candidates' response to the question? What would you have asked? Add your comment below, or better yet, turn on your camera to record your commentary and reaction video and send in your I-Report. Your comments below or your I-Report video could be part of CNN's post-debate coverage.

Filed under: CNN/YouTube Debate
  1. Brie, Somerville, MA

I completely have a problem with this! We live in a democracy, and yet for my entire life (I'm 26 years old), my country has been ruled by the same two families.

July 23, 2007 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  2. Madalena, Ghent, Belgium

I too would have a problem with it, we have great candidates this year that have absolutely nothing to do with them: Kucinich, Obama and Ron Paul. She said during the debate: when I'll be inaugurated...HELLO!!

July 23, 2007 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  3. providence, RI

Hillary is running on her own credentials. She is neither Bill nor Bush. American voters will judge her as an individual; she Hillary Rodham, not Hillary Clinton. Clinton is her surname.

July 23, 2007 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  4. Coy, Ada OK

Hillary's response was a joke. This country must be led by a presedent that represents the people. Two families should not go back and forth in leading a country. America needs new blood, so to speak, in the whitehouse. What is Hillary's problem with actually answering a question the way it is asked?

July 23, 2007 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  5. Doug, Washington

Vote Jeb Bush in 2016!

July 23, 2007 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  6. Brian, Baltimore, MD

To the person who said judge her as an individual, "Hillary Rodham, not Hillary Clinton." She's running as Hillary Clinton so why should we judge her as anyone different. Here is a woman who was practically forced to use the name Clinton as First Lady of Arkansas...

July 23, 2007 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  7. VA

I would be grateful to get Bill back in the White House in any capacity (regardless of surnames). The Bill/Hillary combo is powerful. Two for the price of one...it's a bargain!

July 24, 2007 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  8. Gary, Boston MA

Evidence right in our faces proving that we don't have a Democracy. We live in an inherited system... or as I call it.. a Demopublican Plutocratic Kleptocracy. Welcome to waking up and realizing that this we don't live in a Democracy.

July 24, 2007 01:03 am at 1:03 am |
  9. Josh

Monarchy. All hail the royal bloodline.

July 24, 2007 02:24 am at 2:24 am |
  10. tim, washington dc

this is the lamest line. It is being used by a media that said not a wod about this when the son of a pesident ran in 2000. What a joke!

July 24, 2007 08:00 am at 8:00 am |
  11. Jack, Durham, NC

Evidence right in our faces proving that we don’t have a Democracy. We live in an inherited system… or as I call it.. a Demopublican Plutocratic Kleptocracy. Welcome to waking up and realizing that this we don’t live in a Democracy.

You shouldn't have gotten out of 5th grade without knowing that America is a republic, not a democracy.

Your teacher's union at work right here.

July 25, 2007 08:50 am at 8:50 am |