July 23rd, 2007

Question #1615: Say one good and one bad thing about the candidate to your left.

Jason Koop from Colorado Springs, CO

(CNN) - Jason Koop from Colorado Springs, CO asks: "I'd like for each of you to look to the candidate to your left and to tell the audience one thing you like and one thing you dislike about that particular candidate."

What did you think about the candidates' response to the question? What would you have asked? Add your comment below, or better yet, turn on your camera to record your commentary and reaction video and send in your I-Report. Your comments below or your I-Report video could be part of CNN's post-debate coverage.

Filed under: CNN/YouTube Debate
  1. Coy, Ada, OK

I think that candidates that truely answer a question are the real candidates that deserve to be noticed. Hillary runs arround this question as she does with most answers. But I thought that the cadidates that actually answered and even made a joke of the question are the people that can be real and are the people that will make a president that can do something positive for this country.

July 23, 2007 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. Madalena, Ghent, Belgium

Indeed, Hillary avoided the question like always. Truth is she hates the fact that Obama is giving her a run for her money...

July 23, 2007 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  3. Marie, Chicago IL

I think that was a valid question; a good question. It strays away from their "political agenda" and challenges the candidates to reveal their character. It demonstrates the fact that although they may not agree with the other candidates views they can still find the positive in them.

July 23, 2007 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  4. Christy, Chicago, IL

I just finished watching CNN's 2-hour debate and am unimpressed. I am curious as to why questions about our trade deficit, illegal immigration, national security, etc., WEREN'T asked, but there was time for ' videos that summed up the candidates' and the hard-hitting questions like, 'Tell me one thing you like and dislike about the candidate to your left.' Clearly the person(s) responsible for selecting the debate questions had an agenda. I find it hard to believe that no one in America submitted thoughtful questions on any of those issues.

July 23, 2007 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  5. Tim, St. Louis, MO

I agree w/ you Christy. What a waste. I also think ALL the candidates should have answered each question. I think youtube was running the debate. It sounded more like an infomercial.

July 23, 2007 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  6. Chirs NY NY

Your dead on Christy. CNN must have some stupid people working for them. This last question was a JOKE. WE want to know what the issues are, I don't care about what one candidate thinks of the other. And I thought CNN was FAIR and Balanced. What the hell happened to Mike Gravel. Anderson Cooper totally ignored him all night. What a waste of having a debate. Mike Gravel was the only one trying to spark any type of meaningful DEBATE.

July 23, 2007 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  7. Jennifer Pester, Loma Linda, California

Like Coy commented above, so many of the candidates failed to actually answer the question. Clinton seemed to be the worst offender; I don't think she actually provided a clear answer for this or any of the questions she was asked. If a candidate can't follow the simple instructions stated in a question like this, how can we trust them to handle the infinitely more difficult issues facing this country?

July 23, 2007 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |