July 28th, 2007

Clinton heckled during speech

(CNN)–Speaking before an audience of college Democrats on Saturday, Senator Hillary Clinton was interrupted by a heckler. An older woman carrying a sign that read, "She doesn't care, all she wants is the power" yelled at Clinton as she spoke. Several Clinton supporters in the audience returned shouts to the protestor and pushed her out of the room.

"One of the things I love about politics, you never know what the day will bring," Clinton said.

Clinton, who is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, delivered remarks to the College Democrats of America National Convention. It was held on the campus of the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina.

Fellow competitors for the Democratic nomination, Representative Dennis Kucinich of Ohio, and former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel also addressed the group Saturday.

–CNN Political Desk Editor Jamie Crawford

1. Russell, North Carolina

The Clinton's should take the next bus to Arkansas.

July 30, 2007 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  2. Luke White, Baton Rouge, LA

For the record, I was there. And Gravel and Kucinich both cancelled last minute.

July 31, 2007 02:21 am at 2:21 am |
  3. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Hi Tom from Mass:

In Reply:

I'm glad I'm free to add my comments to this Blog Site as well. You know it is very important to we Canadians that the US elect a President that can truly do the job. Our industries and Global Markets have suffered greatly under the Bush/Cheney reign. The US Tarrif producing, blockade borders, Free Trade System leaves much to be desired from our side of world. We can't afford another Bush Clone as President.

But just to clarify Tom, I am not advocating that Hillary is the second coming. She has her flaws like every other earthling. However, I am a bit surprised that you have failed to see her astute leadership qualities. I have to base my assessment on what I see and hear. And I truly haven't seen or heard anything from the other candidates that would lead me to believe they have what it takes to lead such a powerful nation.

I do agree with your take on the Flip Flop spew it is getting to be rather old hat. However, where Romney is concerned I think a five year span is even a bit overstretched and generous. He's changed his views on many issues in the course of a day. And I haven't heard Romney or his followers touting his experience nor have I seen any qualities to date that would define him as having the stuff that Leaders emulate. Unless Filthy Rich ranks as a Leadership quality. But then most all candidates would be equal on that scale.

I guess in summary Tom, with the US in such dire straits, I would think Americans would put the Clintonisms and pettiness aside and go with the Candidate they know has the credentials and experience to lead the nation. I don't feel it's the time given the current state of the US to
    vote for unproven, untried, hopefuls. Only Fairy Tales can turn Frogs into a Princes.

But then as you say, I am no threat to voters. I am just one of the many around the world who will share your grief filled existence if Americans elect yet another inexperienced, unqualified looser to the White House.

July 31, 2007 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  4. Rob O'Loughlin, Presteigne, Powys

Some of you people are such fools. You haven't looked at any real news at all have you... (tip: you don't get real news on TV). Party Politics is a manipulation. Puppet 1 or Puppet 2? This woman intends killing you, you muppets! Ron Paul – the exception.

July 31, 2007 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  5. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Rob O’Loughlin, Presteigne, Powys

Do you think you might be taking politics a bit too serious Rob?

I mean to suggest that Hillary is out to kill Americans is a wee bit far fetched don't you think? You must be terrified of Dick and his big rifle especially given his target stats.

August 1, 2007 12:29 am at 12:29 am |
  6. Third Party Only/Chandler, AZ

Hillary Clinton is just another fascist like Bush. No difference between Republicans and Democrats. The one exception is Ron Paul who should have stayed as LBT. We need to get rid of the Electoral College and vote in a Great Third party President like Ralph Nader. He and many of the third party candidates are the only ones who care and are not in it for the NWO. Wake up Americans how can you believe anyone with ties to enslaving secret organizations that want to keep us enslaved.

August 4, 2007 07:26 am at 7:26 am |