August 1st, 2007

Rumsfeld: I don't recall news of Tillman death

Rumsfeld appeared before a House committee Wednesday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told a House committee Wednesday that he doesn't recall when he learned that there was a chance that the death of Army Ranger Cpl. Pat Tillman was the result of friendly fire.

"I don't recall when I was told. I don't remember who told me," Rumsfeld said under questioning by Rep. Tom Davis, the committee's ranking Republican. However, he said that because investigations were ongoing, he didn't make anything public.

"I have a great deal of heartbreak for the Tillman family and the way it was handled, adding to their grief. ... We certainly owe the young men and women better than that."

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Homeofthebrave

I assume by “achieve their freedom” you mean “get blown up repeatedly by suicide bombers” and/or “create a situation perfect for corruption....

Posted By Darrell, Foxboro, MA

I wonder who, under what administration, under what mentality, died for your freedom Darrell..??

August 2, 2007 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  2. RightyTighty

Mr. Rumsfeld help create the best, most mobile military force this world has ever seen. US tanks rolling into Baghdad in under 2 weeks is proof of his genius. It was shock and awe.., to Saddam. Mr. Rumsfeld is the best Defense Secretary the US has ever had.

Get use to it. Facts are what's recorded in history.., kinda like Bill's impeachment. Its a progressive morons worst nightmare.

August 2, 2007 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  3. Carl, Dallas, TX

Wow i'm impressed of the hatred that comes out of the woodwork on blogs... you wouldn't say this garbage if your address and phone number was attached to each email.

You have NO clue about what he knows. That's between him and whichever God he prays to at night.

Your biased insults are just as horrible as the denial of Bush that he can win this war.

August 3, 2007 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  4. Jackson, Malton, New Jersey

As a democrat I am outraged by this administration's cloak-n-dagger attitude with the People of the United States. Why not just hang up Nazi party banners all over Washington and the White House?

That said, I think it is not correct to mire any administration and Defense Secretaries in the minutia of war. Imagine if the Roosevelt admin. was under such play-by-play scrutiny? What foul deeds and mis-judgments went un-accounted for?

August 3, 2007 05:50 am at 5:50 am |
  5. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Maybe all this administration should undergo brain scans.If their memoires as so defective how the Hey could they possibly be trusted to govern a Nation?

Another Libby saga..."I don't Remember." The one thing they can count on for sure is, the world remembers and will never forget the names of this Administration, and on that they can bank their oil revenues!

August 4, 2007 10:16 am at 10:16 am |