August 8th, 2007

Edwards adds new member to Iowa team

CHICAGO (CNN)  – Camp Edwards is touting a new member of its Hawkeye state team.

Iowa political operative Jeff Link will join the former North Carolina senator's campaign as an "adviser on strategy and message." Link, who will not be on the payroll, was a longtime aide to Iowa Senator Tom Harkin and managed his re-election campaign in 2002.

Link also served as a strategist for the short-lived presidential bid of former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack. Vilsack has endorsed New York Sen. Hillary Clinton's White House bid.

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Providence, RI

Edwards's ship is sinking. He did terrible in the AFL-CIO debate. He sounded very desperate, angry, like Howard Dean in 2004. He should try Hollywood. Ed is very obsessed with his apperance, and Hollywood wolud be the right place for him. He spends hours in sauna, spa, beauty salon. Sad... and then he is homophobic... sad...hypocrisy...

August 8, 2007 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  2. Julie, Atlanta, GA

Good grief, Providence, RI. It's great to see a substantive comment like yours. I guess anyone can post any stupid comment.

Hope you'll wake up and realize that JRE has detailed plans that will improve conditions for so many in our country. But if you'd rather concentrate on hair and other irrelevant topics, go right ahead.

August 8, 2007 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  3. Susan, Fort Pierce, Florida

I don't know where Providence, RI is coming from, but Edwards did very well in the debate last night. Just because he is good looking does not mean he is obsessed with himself. He has a lot of good solid ideas and would make a great President. I like his health care plans.I like the fact that he is for the people rather than special interest!

August 8, 2007 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  4. John Schaaf, Long Beach, Ca.

I thought he did just fine in the debate as well. He has realistic plans for most, if not all, of the major issues of importance out there.

Keep building that winning Team Senator Edwards!

August 8, 2007 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  5. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

If there was ever a Hen Pecked, Narcisstic, Teenaged, Momma's Boy, running for President, John Edwards is the boy.

I dont' know why anyone would vote for a Candidate who is so needy, his Wife whilst struggling with her own Health Issues, has to fight his Political battles for him!

He is a Narcisstic, Egotistical, Mess that needs to be swept up.

Grow Up John.

August 9, 2007 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  6. Bob, Coopersburg, Pa

Senator Obama is not, at least in my eyes, either black or white, but a real contender for the white house, as he has proven. It has been my opinion for many years that although racism still exists in pockets around the country within the population of white men and women, it is our black neighbors who still seem to hold the most racist opinions against the white.....even as Mr. Obama stated, against their own kind if they appeal to anyone but their own. I am tired of hearing about black issues, hispanic issues, white issues, etc. They are all American issues, and are not owned by any specific ethnic group. As soon as the media stops separating them this way, a lot of the racial tension in this country will dissolve.
    I am a registered republican, who hangs his head in shame of my own party over the actions, ans inactions of the last 8 years, and will most likely vote on the democratic ticket this time around. Senator Obama seems , at least at this point, to be at the top of my list. Senator Clinton bothers me. I think her intentions are more selfish ones than those of genuine concern for the people. Mr Giuliani seems to be a good leader....but maybe but I'm tired of war, and I think we will be looking at another 4 to 8 years of it with him in office. Yes, I think Senator Obama is our man!

August 11, 2007 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  7. F. S. Karlan, Temecula, CA

Firstly, I don't know who to vote for yet. No one running seems willing to support the obvious: "close the borders." Looks like it's going to take a bigger hit than 9/11 before our instinct to survive kicks in. Secondly, Obama is a man – not a color! As long as "skin pigment" is the subject for analysis, our country still has a BIG problem along with all the others. We waste so much time and energy on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and political correctness that it's no wonder the country is buckling at the knees. It's laughable and very sad at the same time. We seem to be on a path to self-destruction with little or no sign of deviation.

August 11, 2007 10:36 am at 10:36 am |