August 27th, 2007

Edwards first '08 hopeful in with Gonzales reaction

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards is the first White House hopeful to respond to the resignation of Alberto Gonzales Monday, issuing a four-word statement:

"Better late than never."

Filed under: Alberto Gonzales • John Edwards
  1. Sean, North Carolina

He is minding his own business. Maybe if others had minded their business better we wouldn't be in the quagmire we're in now.
    Tell him to mind his own business? Come on, you gotta come up with a better one than that...why not criticize something meaningful, like his hair?

August 27, 2007 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  2. Jim, Long Island, NY

Mr. Eichorn, "Gonzalez has done a wonderful job at Justice."

Really? What has he done? He did wonderful things for the President. He covered for him, lied for him, he will take a fall for him, he probably still picks up his dry cleaning.

The problem is that he doesn't work for the President. He is supposed to work for the American people. He is supposed to work for Justice. He is supposed to work to protect the Constitution. He has done the opposite of all of these things.

I wish that people would look at what politicians do, and not hear what they say. They say nothing, but do lots of bad things. Gonzalez wasn't supposed to be a politician, but that is all he ever was.

August 27, 2007 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  3. Aaron, Galesburg, IL

Edwards for Attorney General?

August 27, 2007 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  4. James, Hilliard, OH

Yet another example of why I am voting for Edwards!!!!!!

August 27, 2007 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  5. William S. Gazitano

Short but sweet, Edwards is right.

August 27, 2007 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  6. Dave, Des Moines, Iowa

Funny Senator Edwards said, "better late than never", yet he shows up at an Iowa campaign stop well over an hour late, letting people wait in the absolute sweltering heat! Better late than never I guess?

August 27, 2007 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  7. Earl, Ohio

Edwrads bashers still on the hair, eh?

I'd rather someone spend money on a haircut than do like Hillary did and said lobbyists represent Americans and have a done a lot of good for our country.

Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton ... let's just keep the same two families in power forever. That's the way we keep NAFTA, WTO, China, and all the other great trade agreements/organizations in place! We sure wouldn't want a fresh start with Edrwards or Obama ... it might cause redundancy rip that would wake people up out of their stupors.

August 28, 2007 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  8. Jeff - Boston, Ma

I find it amazing that some people are on the kick of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton bashing.. Honestly, I mean c'mon... I love my family very much and we DO NOT agree on many political issues such as Bush being a good president and the war and torture. You can't judge one person by there family name is my point so why try? Lastly, I don't remember anyone complaining in 2000.. Why now?

August 29, 2007 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |