September 7th, 2007

Lunch with the Clintons

CNN's Abbi Tatton takes a look at the newest way Hillary Clinton is seeking to raise money.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - CNN Internet Correspondent Abbi Tatton reports Bill and Hillary Clinton are giving campaign donors the chance to join the two of them for lunch at their Washington, DC home.

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. Christian, Tampa FL

Obama had the idea first. Is this how Hillary would run the country, by copying everything from other people??? (slight sarcasm, but Obama did come up with it first)

September 8, 2007 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  2. SB

First I got an email/letter from Hillary inviting me to donate for the opportunity to have lunch like girlfriends. Then, the letter was revised to say Bill was going to come along (I guess they realized she can't really draw the crowd without him). But then I thought to myself, "Where have I heard this idea before?". Oh yes, it must have been those dinners with Obama that I've heard about for months. I'm still waiting for Hillary to have an original idea, or release her healthcare plan.

A woman for president? Absolutely. This woman? Not a chance.

September 8, 2007 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  3. Rob, Pensacola Beach, FL

This "deal" offended me. I have met, like and support both Bill and Hillary. I am a registered Democrat and have contributed to both of their campaigns.

They can drop by my house for a FREE lunch anytime they want...doors open.

But I told them I'd be dammned if I'd pay for a lottery ticket to luch at their house. Or, anywhere else. I told her something else about prostitutes not even making a guy pay for a "chance at a meal". Get my drift. Whoever thought up this fund raising scheme should be fired.

September 8, 2007 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  4. SB, Baltimore, MD

James from Phoenix: Excellent job. Would you mind if I added a couple of issues?

1. Refuses to release documents from time spent as first lady in spite of claiming this time period as part of her 35 years experience.
    2. Accepts money from the very lobbys who she alleges railroaded her first effort to reform healthcare.
    3. Refused to make even the most minor edits on the same healthcare plan in spite of recommendations from recognized experts.
    4. Says she has been fighting the "right winged machine" for 35 years but also wants us to believe her "experience" will bring the unity necessary to promote change.
    5. Uses the tactics of triangulation to manipulate and confuse the voters, leaving them to believe she is close to the other candidates on issues, when indeed, she is not.
    6. Uses portions of speeches previously given by Bill Richardson and Barack Obama.
    7. And it can't be said enough...She voted for the war, and did so blindly, having not read all of the intelligence information available to her.

Whew. Glad to get that off my chest. Thank you

September 8, 2007 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  5. SteveG, WV

I gave the bare minimum $5.00 so will see how luck a college student can get.

September 8, 2007 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |