September 18th, 2007

Analysis: Economics and the leading '08 Dems

Watch Gloria Borger's take on the health care and income tax proposals offered by Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and John Edwards.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Senior Political Analyst Gloria Borger takes a look at Sen. Barack Obama's new income tax plan, Sen. Hillary Clinton's universal health care plan, and John Edwards's unique method for getting Congress to pass his health care plan if elected to the White House.

Related: Obama's tax plan: Robin Hood Approach

Related: Clinton talks health care

Related: Edwards threatens to cut off health insurance for Congress

1. Tom Dedham, Mass

Hey Gloria, why not check out Mitt Romney's Health care plan that was instituted ALREADY in Mass.

My bad, what was I thinking, the queen has spoken.

September 18, 2007 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  2. Roberto, Tampa, FL.

Very good analysis by Mrs. Borger. Obama is telling people the truth, and it will pay off.

September 18, 2007 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  3. Dan, Tx

So Obama is honest, Clinton has a credibility problem, and Edwards has a plan hatched by political consultants. Hmmmmm. Who should I vote for....

September 18, 2007 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  4. Chase, NYC

Thanks for nothing, Gloria. I honestly feel patronized by your "analysis."

Can a real analyst please provide the following:
    1. A Summary of the key points of each candidate's proposals.
    2. Whom each candidate's plan benefits most,
    3. Whom each candidate's plan benefits least,
    4. Who's plan will benefit the most number of people overall.
    5. Any foreseeable problems with each candidate's plan.
    6. The opposition's criticism.

Thanks, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    VOTE OBAMA!

September 19, 2007 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  5. therealist

Gloria Borger called for a “moratorium on invoking the memory of Ronald Reagan” in a column about a Republican presidential debate held at a library named in his honor. This Gipper envy is clearly a stark reminder of how bias our investigavtive reporters have become lately.., especially at CBS and CNN.

September 19, 2007 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  6. RightyTighty

Gee, I wonder which candidate Gloria supports? As if I can't make up my own mind...

September 19, 2007 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  7. Chris, Middletown, CT

I am a registered Republican – I considered voting for Obama....and depending on his ties to the parties left wing – if he gets the nod (and keeps Hillary away) – I still might – need some more research – we need a moderate – not a left wing...or right wing – for me...its between Obama and Rudy – Obama hasn't broken with his party enough....but...I like him

September 19, 2007 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  8. Anonymous

i wish all "journalists" were dead. we would be better off

September 21, 2007 10:45 am at 10:45 am |