September 21st, 2007

Obama: 'Fired up'

(CNN) - Watch this clip of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, telling a story about a source of inspiration he discovered on the campaign trail.

Watch Sen. Barack Obama explain what helps him to get "fired up" and "ready to go" on the campaign trail.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Erik

Great story! I'm fired up to vote for Obama!

September 21, 2007 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. lyn, MD

Loving it !!!!

September 21, 2007 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  3. Orenthal James

Obama -schmama. He's get just about as good a chance as I do in getting elected. Vote Republican. Vote early and vote often.

Bring back the dangling chad's.

September 21, 2007 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  4. Trevor, East Hartford Connecticut

Yawn....

September 21, 2007 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  5. VanReuter NY NY

I hope we see that fire as he campaigns across the country next year in support of the next President of the United States of America, HILLARY CLINTON!

September 21, 2007 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  6. Ron, TX

It's nice to see a candidate with real passion...

September 21, 2007 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  7. Sam, Houston, TX

what really gets him fired up & ready to go is a couple of Marlboro Reds and a large Starbucks with a shot of Espresso added!! (and 6 packs of "Sugar in the Raw"–brown sugar packets)

September 21, 2007 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  8. Scott, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Love ya, Barack. I'm with ya all the way. FIRED UP! READY TO GO! Obama 08!

September 21, 2007 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  9. Jennifer, LA, CA

Where's that accent from?

September 21, 2007 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  10. Banko

Great and inspirational. You're a treasure to this Country.

September 21, 2007 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  11. ..::Eddie::.. Atlanta, GA

I was at the rally yesterday, and we arrived FIRED UP. Georgia's been FIRED UP for Obama, and will be ready to go, election day! Thank you Senator for coming to Atlanta!

September 21, 2007 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  12. Samantha Atl, GA

It's refreshing to see a candidate so passionate.
    Obama all the way!

September 21, 2007 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  13. Jay, Woodbridge VA

Hilarious... Seriously are there any good candidates out there? This election is becoming a selection of who will we be the least embarrassing. I think we should FIRE all of these candidates and get READY TO GO find some legitimate ones.

September 21, 2007 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  14. lavelle Rochester,Ny

WHY DIDNT CNN POST BIN LADENS THREAT TO ATTACK PAKISTAN???? BUT YET YOU POSTED OBAMA'S "GAFE" ON STRICKING BIN LADEN IN PAKISTAN??? ARE YOU SERIOUS YEAH NOW YOU SEE WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I BET THE PAKISTANY PRIME MINISTER CHANGES HIS MIND NOW. "Hey Mr.Bush ummmmm If i told you were bin laden was hiding, could you drop a bomb on him please?" his judgement is better then anyone in this race its time you people faced the facts and stand behind Obama.

OBama I am fired up and ready to go!

September 21, 2007 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  15. lavelle Rochester,ny

And look at the other bloggers on here. Upset that there "Boring" candidates have nothing for them but just bad agendas and boring speeches! lol

September 21, 2007 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  16. ddue

i am as qualified as obama to be president. i am 16 and worked was the president of the student body at my high school

September 21, 2007 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  17. Michael, Miami, FL

I was at a fundraiser of his and I have to admit, the energy at the end after he told that story was incredible. It really did get everyone fired up.

Hey ddue–

16 and still have trouble with capitalization and punctuation rules, huh? For shame.

As for Obama's qualifications, well, every President has to take the following oath upon receiving the office:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I couldn't think of a better man for the job than someone who distinguished himself as one of the brightest students of the Constitution in the land as President of the Harvard Law Review and later graduating Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law. Or practicing civil rights and Constitutional Law, and teaching Constitutional Law. Seems like great qualifications for someone who has to take that oath. Not to mention that he has a diverse range of governmental experience, working at the local level as a community organizer, at the state level in the Illinois Senate, and as a national politician in the federal Senate.

Indeed, the variety and depth of his experiences might make him the most qualified of any of the candidates. Unless you think managing government bureaucracy is more important than upholding and protecting the Constitution.

September 21, 2007 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  18. Ivan Divorni, Washington, DC

Barack...I am fired up & ready to go.

September 21, 2007 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  19. John, Demoines, Iowa

Senator Obama:

If you can get a majority of Americans FIRED UP to vote for you (which I think you can do successfully), then you'll be READY TO GO into the White House as the next President of the United States.

Obama 08!!!

September 21, 2007 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  20. sarah brown, raleigh nc

To all of you tired cranky no nothings who always find faults, if you are so doggon capable, then get off of your tired behinds and run for president yourself. If any reasons just popped into your mind about why you can't run, then shut up about those running and just support who you support, because that means that other than in your own imanginations you dont have what it takes to run, and those that are running are all more qualified than the bozo's who are just a bunch of tired do nothing complainers.

Go Obama!!!

September 21, 2007 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  21. Lance in Monrovia CA

I lost my grandparents to Alzheimers and Parkinsons. I sat helplessly as Hillary Clinton botched her attempt at healthcare by not communicating her ideas effectively.

I had to make the most agonizing decisions of my life the day my uncle, father and I could no longer care for my grandmother, who raised me, at home any further. We could never afford the 25,000 a year to hire a live in nurse and our choices for her final days, due to her lack of healthcare, were devastatingly bad to say the least. There simply was no good solution.

I support Barack Obama because I believe he will do more than talk about issues. He's address them head on and he has the smarts and communication skills to actually get universal healthcare passed. His mother died of cancer. He knows the stakes of doing nothing.

I know the stakes too. That's why I'll do everything I can to ensure he's the next President of the United States. Even if it means writing overly long comments on every message board from here to the Iowa caucus.

September 21, 2007 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  22. Ron Nebraska

Hey ddue......part of that George Bush ' No child left behind ' thing huh?

September 22, 2007 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  23. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

16 years old? you are immatured, naive and inexperienced with society. You need to study harder and learn more about yourself first and come out support someone. I wouldn't open my mouth if I am not sure. Decade changes mountain and river, have you heard it?

September 22, 2007 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  24. sonya, atlanta, ga

I was there at the World Congress Center to hear Obama speak. He is truely an inspirational canidate. I was extremely impressed with his intellect, common sense, humor, humility, dedication, passion, strength and charisma. If you want to finally be able to cast a vote for someone you can be proud of instead of choosing the lesser of two evil canidates then go hear Obama speak and check out his record. This is a decent and honorable man and thank God for sending a man of such quality at this perilous time in America. Obama is the right man for the right time. Obama 08.

September 22, 2007 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  25. Brianna Webb, McEwen, TN

What gets you fired up Obama. It certainly wasn't the story of a Sailor abused in boot camp now in a psychiatric hospital begging for your help. You chose to do nothing about him. For all of your visions you certainly have no plan with which to take this Country and make it better than it used to be.

September 23, 2007 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |