September 26th, 2007

Frosty and George Washington campaign for environmental revolution

HANOVER, New Hampshire (CNN) - Just outside the site of Wednesday night's Democratic presidential debate on Dartmouth University's "Big Green," two familiar faces came out to plug the global warming issue. George Washington, sporting a Revolutionary War costume and wig, and Frosty the Snowman, wearing a white body suit and carrot nose, held signs reading "Make Global Warming a Priority."

"I was former President of the United States, and I'm here to call for some leadership on global warming. I showed a lot of leadership on the challenges of my time - the Revolutionary War for example. I think it's time the presidential candidates show leadership on the challenges of our time, which is global warming," Washington said.

Pointing to the snowman, the Washington impersonator said, "He's the one I'm fighting for. I'm just trying to get some other people to talk about his rights as a snowman."

Neither Frosty nor President Washington has endorsed a candidate.

– CNN New Hampshire Producer Sareena Dalla

Filed under: New Hampshire
  1. Releived , wpb, fl

Wow, Its about time some signigicant characters speak up. This outcry from Frosty and George should have a tremendous influence on the world stage regarding Global Warming. And here I thought they didn't even care..Whew I feel better :) !!!

September 26, 2007 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  2. Raymond, El Paso TX

Frosty and George must have decided showing up at a Republican debate would have been futile. They were also smart enough to know where to look for leadership.

September 26, 2007 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  3. ronnie - knoxville, tn.

someone dressing up as a snowman is a news story? what are we, in high school here?

September 26, 2007 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  4. Henry Paulson, New York City, New York

It's Dartmouth College, NOT Dartmouth University. Are you sure, Sareena Dalla (who is listed as "CNN New Hampshire Producer") is in Hanover, NH. The town of Hanover is basically Dartmouth College. It's written everywhere. She should have stayed away from frat row before posting her work. That aside, what is "Dartmouth University's 'Big Green'"? (She wrote "Just outside the site of Wednesday night's Democratic presidential debate on Dartmouth University's 'Big Green,'"...) Dartmouth's "mascot" is the "Big Green" and I know Dartmouth has the "Green" (an expansive lawn in the middle of campus) but I have no idea where Dartmouth "University's" "Big Green" located. Where was the debate held–the Hop or Webster Hall (or did they tear down Webster)? All joking aside, she should have done better research.

September 26, 2007 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  5. alan St Louis Mo

I wonder when we will spend money by importance. A Iraq war wasting a trillion dollars to protect what? Iraq is in 10 times worse shape then when Sadam was leader. Or Do we keep ignoring mother nature so she can wreck havoc on our planet by killing millions or displacing millions.

I bet we spend another trillion on Iraq so we can watch the polor caps melt. When they melt the twin towers memorial site be under the sea. What got all this started. And instead of a baby katrina hitting the states we have daddy katrinas hitting the states on a yearly baises.

I just hope we dont wait till something like that happens before we start doing real work to reverse global warming. And I challange you find a science expert that green house gasses are not at a all time high in earth history. And that greenhouse gasses are not linked to global warming. And if you do is he part of the current white house team?

September 26, 2007 11:51 pm at 11:51 pm |
  6. Mary, Beaver, PA

George Washington campaigning against global warming...? No, my guess is that the real Washington would be more concerned about how far America has drifted from its Republican roots.

September 27, 2007 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  7. Chris, Middletown, CT

I don't believe it was the real George Washington (nor the real Frosty the snowman) – unless of course Al Gore told me that was the inconvenient truth....afterall...only Michael Moore and George Soros know more..

September 27, 2007 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  8. ronnie - knoxville, tn.

actually George Washington invented the internet before Al Gore invented it