September 27th, 2007

Paul: I'm glad they invited me to the revolution

BALTIMORE, Maryland (CNN) - After months of "Ron Paul Revolution" signs blanketed debate sites and political events, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, said he doesn't think the attention is really about him but about his political message after a debate in Baltimore, Maryland on Thursday night.

"I don't think it's about me," Paul said. "I think my message of liberty and personal responsibility struck a nerve with people and they just responded well."

Paul supporters constantly bombard web sites with comments praising the GOP candidate and hang signs all over cities and towns. But Paul said his campaign doesn't hire the supporters and that they act on their own.

"The organizations just sprung up," Paul said. "I'm glad they invited me to the revolution."

–CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich

Filed under: Ron Paul
  1. ronnie - knoxville, tn.

i don't think the american people are quite ready for the sudden and shocking changes Ron Paul suggests, but at least he gets people thinking about a more libertarian mode, which I'm all for.

September 28, 2007 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  2. Andrew, NJ

he is right. He was the catalyst that opened people's eyes. And something tells me that in a few years we'll be seeing a lot more Ron Paul style congressmen, senators and governors.

September 28, 2007 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  3. Pete, Fort Worth, TX

If there was one Republican candidate that would receive my vote, it would be Ron Paul. It's a shame that the Republicans wont pick him. I'll have to vote for Hillary then. =/

September 28, 2007 01:16 am at 1:16 am |
  4. Manuel, woodbridge, VA

Ron Paul has my vote! I'm voting for Freedom, Liberty, Peace, and Change!

September 28, 2007 01:55 am at 1:55 am |
  5. Dan, Sauk Rapids Minnesota

The Ron Paul Revolution is about as real as it gets. But Paul is right, it's not about him, it's about what inspies us all about our country...freedom and opportunity.

People are organizing to support Paul's message all over the place. It's amazing. If you haven't checked Paul out yet, and seriously looked at what he is saying, you should.

Check him out at ronpaul2008.com

Seriously. Check him out.

September 28, 2007 02:19 am at 2:19 am |
  6. Patrick, Bartlesville Oklahoma

I like a lot of his ideas but if he was elected president wouldnt the congress block most of his ideas?

September 28, 2007 03:34 am at 3:34 am |
  7. H, Chicago, IL

Dr. Paul is absolutely right – this is all about the message! Freedom to live our lives as truly free people, and prosper without the government intervening and taxing and restricting every little thing it means to be an American. Nobody ever honestly wants a war – war is hell. We just want to go about our lives and "pursue happiness." This is a true Revolution – You are witnessing the moment when the PEOPLE take back the country from the GOVERNMENT. God Bless the Founder's wisdom and God Bless Dr. Paul for reminding me that this Country truly is worth being proud of afterall.

September 28, 2007 04:23 am at 4:23 am |
  8. yuri, lake geneva, wisconsin

American people needs to get off their butt and change this failing government run by special interest. Ron Paul is our last chance to restore the weathered constitution.

September 28, 2007 06:21 am at 6:21 am |
  9. D. Robichaux, Lafayette, La

He can bring a majority of the troops home from the 3000 bases in 130 countries. This will allow us to manage our borders, shut down the IRS and begin transition eventually to a free economy devoid of central planning, control and regulation that has allowed an empire to bloom.

September 28, 2007 06:49 am at 6:49 am |
  10. jay gelek

of all the rupubs running for the white house, ron paul is the only one that makes some sense. he is articulate and knows what he is talking about. but it is a shme that he is never going to win the gop nomination, so my vote goes to Hillary.

September 28, 2007 06:54 am at 6:54 am |
  11. Ed,Ellenville,New York

Ron Paul has the right idea.I don't think there are enough real republicans left in this country to restore those values.The right-wingers have driven them all out.

September 28, 2007 07:33 am at 7:33 am |
  12. Paul, New Orleans, LA

To: Pete, Fort Worth, TX

You are right! Ron Paul is the only republican that I will vote for, if not him then I guess it will have to be a democrat. GO RON PAUL!!!

September 28, 2007 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  13. WDRussell, East Liverpool, Ohio

Alright all of you Ron Paul people. The talking mouths at KSFO radio says that Ron and his followers should all be killed. So are you folks all going to run and hide now?
    Sept25 article and it has links.

September 28, 2007 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  14. Charles Pfohl St Petersburg, Florida

I feel that the 4 candidates show total disrespect for the American people and will surfer for this. It was a great debate that has shown me that there are some candidates that believe in the constitution of the United States of America. Ron Paul and Alan Keys are the top two candidates from late night.
    I truly believe that the IRS has to go and be replaced by a national sales tax. This will give us a lot more money to spend as a people for me it would mean over $500.00 a month. Country first and everything else second we need to get back to the Constitution now and get big government out of peoples lives.
    Charles Pfohl
    Florida

September 28, 2007 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  15. Danny Casolaro Martinsburg, WV

Poor Ron Paul.
    Don Quixote, anyone?
    His ideas and his passion for them are absolutely untolerated-nay, despised-in this country by those in power. If by some miracle he was able to circumvent the rigged election process in this country, they would do a Kennedy job on him within a month.

September 28, 2007 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  16. Sybil

I live near Woodstck,NY and I haven't seen any of these signs yet. The only signs I've seen are for Hillary.

September 28, 2007 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  17. Ed,Ellenville,New York

I see Ron Paul signs near Ellenville.All my signs are for democrats though.Support Sennett for UC DA!sennettforda.com.We need to have equal protection under the law.No "jena six" in our county.

September 28, 2007 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  18. John Thomas, Edina, MN

For all of you that say you like Ron Paul and would vote for him if he was nominated, but then say he won't be nominated:

That is one of the most ironic statements ever! Why? Because you have the chance to get him the nomination by registering Republican and voting for him in the primaries! And, Ron has huge support. He is so very close to raising $1 million in less than a week!! That is top-tier fund raising!!!

September 28, 2007 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  19. Anonymous

I'm a Barack Obama Democrat but if it came down to a choice between Hillary Clinton and the Republican, I'd hope it was Ron Paul, because I'd vote for Ron Paul and not Hillary! Sorry dem party.

September 28, 2007 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  20. James, Phoenix AZ

Ron Paul:

Eliminate 'unnecessary' Government agencies like FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, IRS, Department of Education, Environmental Protection Agency, National Security Agency (NSA), etc etc etc.

Did I miss any, Ron?

Ron Paul:

Why help people suffering from Genocide in Darfur?

Why have a military presence ANYWHERE outside the US?

Why bother with gather intelligence about our enemies?

We should simply keep our soldiers HERE and protect the land borders (because if there were an "invasion" the enemy would arrive in wooden ships with swords?)

Ron is wRONg.

September 28, 2007 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  21. Danny C Knoxville, TN

Ron Paul is the only one that makes logical sense. he has my vote as well as my bandmates and almost all my family and friends. We see through the lies and disinformation. We are no sheeple like most of America's faux news loving fools. Let the revolution begins. We all can make a difference and take back our country one vote at a time. Do your part. GO RON GO
    RON PAUL 08'

September 28, 2007 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  22. Terry, Jacksonville, Florida

For those of you who may have doubts about Dr. Paul, I encourage you to look for your local Ron Paul Supporter group(s). No matter what, if we want real change, make sure your party affiliation is Republican, or change it so you can vote in your states Republican primary election. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

September 30, 2007 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |