October 2nd, 2007

Ann Romney goes online for Mitt

Watch Abbi Tatton's report about Ann Romney's new Web site.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Ann Romney, who is very active in her husband's presidential campaign, is featured in a new Web site that highlights her experiences on the trail, the Romney family and her ongoing battle with Multiple Sclerosis.

Ann Romney’s husband, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, is seeking the Republican presidential nomination. In a video greeting, Romney said she hopes to give Americans a unique perspective into her family's life and the campaign.

"I hope people from across the country will get to know a little bit more about me, my causes and the importance of family in my life," she said in a statement. "Our campaign is doing so many creative things online, and I'm proud that this site will be a part of that."

– CNN Associate Producer Lauren Kornreich

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. laurinda,ny

Oh my, Mr. & Mrs. Perfect. It's like they just stepped out of the movie Pleasantville. It just seems to me that everybody seems to be writing a book about themselves these days. Half of these people I have never even heard of.

October 1, 2007 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  2. Marcus

Ann Romney goes online? A/S/L? Pics? S2R? n00ds?

October 1, 2007 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  3. Justin, Ada OK

Laurinda,

So these people must be nobody's because YOU'VE never heard of them? Spare me the new york narcissism.

But I can understand your cynicism because accomplished, clean-cut people like the Romney's are pretty rare these days.

October 1, 2007 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  4. Amanda (Greenwich)

I am not a Republican, but I must say Ann Romeny appears to be a very classy lady. I know most Americans don't know Mormons so are suspicious of them. But I can assure you that they are one of the most clean living and decent people around. There's a great South Park episode where everyone ends up in Hell and wonder who made it to Heaven - it turns out Mormons had it right. It's funny, of course, but telling in some ways, too.

October 2, 2007 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  5. laurinda,ny

Justin, I have no idea anymore who you are. No one is who you think they are. Vote for whoever you like. No, I am not crazy. I am very disappointed.

October 2, 2007 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  6. Tom - Dedham, Mass

I have met Ann Romney and she is a very smart and classy lady.

Sorry "laurinda" if she and her husband offend you by being so clean cut, smart, nice and attractive.

Maybe we need some more first ladies who drop the F-bomb on secret service folks that are protecting them such as "don't bleeping look at me, don't bleeping talk to me and look straight ahead or I will have your bleep fired".

Or maybe we prefer the President to be a smooth talking multi-cheater who wouldn't know decency if it hit him in the face.

I LOVE that couple, I want them to also steal EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink when they leave the White house as well.

So Pleasantville like........

October 2, 2007 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  7. Chris, Middletown, CT

I wish Ann nothing but the best in her fight with MS. I don't think Mitt is the right candidate – because how different is he from anyone else running in the Republican space (except Giuliani) – he flip flopped – is now using his own money to finance his campaign (smells like Kerry using his wifes money) – he is (now) a conservative right wing guy....we need moderate....need to be in the middle to win all 60% of the "moderates" ....and Rudy will

October 2, 2007 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  8. laurinda,ny

DEDHAM...I was brought up in a well off Republican family in Westchester, so don't talk that bull to me. I broke with the family and became a Democrat and I do not like to be with "classy" people anymore. I prefer to be the blacksheep of the family and be with real people who do not have to impress people. Got It!

October 2, 2007 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  9. Tom Dedham, Mass

Enjoy hanging out with the lower class then, it suits you and your thought process well.

You make a remark about a couple who have been lovingly together for years that are clean cut and are also classy as hell and someone takes you to task for it and your now angry?

Dispute what I wrote, let's discuss.

I didn't grow up in a well to do Republican family, I earned everything and my alliances evolved around maturity, sorry.

October 2, 2007 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  10. Gary, SLC Utah

Ex-CIA counterterror official and Blackwater Vice Chairman Cofer Black – a key adviser to presidential hopeful Mitt Romney – as among a group of GOP loyalists recruited by Blackwater founder Erik Prince, whose family has given the party $250,000.

Nuke a Gay Whale for Jesus!

October 2, 2007 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  11. laurinda,ny

I really do like you guys alot. I wish we were on the same team.

October 3, 2007 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  12. Val Davydov, Agawam, MA

I ADORE this couple. Mrs. Romney was well respected First Lady in Massachusetts, and still is. I wish her all the best.

laurinda,ny: I am sorry for you, but are a loser. Just read your comment and think about what you wrote, "I was brought up in a well off Republican family in Westchester ... I broke with the family and became a Democrat and I do not like to be with "classy" people anymore." Judging from your prior posts and what you wrote here, you once again reassured me that Democracts are NO CLASSY people. Classy is good, you dummy.

October 3, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |