October 2nd, 2007
04:23 PM ET
7 years ago

Clinton raises $27 million in third quarter

Clinton outpaced Obama in third quarter fundraising.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton raised $27 million in the third quarter for her White House bid - all but $5 million can be spent on trying to win the Democratic presidential nomination, a Clinton aide tells CNN.

The aide also said that over 100,000 new donors contributed to the New York Democrat.

The haul is about $7 million more than Sen. Barack Obama brought in during the same period. Though when broken to dollars that can be spent in the primary race, the New York Democrat only outpaced Obama by $3 million.

On Clinton's Web site, Campaign Manager Patti Solis Doyle thanked supporters for the successful quarter and said their "dedication defied the skeptics."

"This is all thanks to you and your hard work," she wrote. "You - and over a million supporters like you - are working together with Hillary to create real momentum that will take us to victory."

Monday, the campaigns for Obama and former Sen. John Edwards announced their candidates had pulled in $20 million and $7 million, respectively.

Full story

Related: Obama raises at least $20 million in third quarter

Click here to see CNN's new political portal: CNNPolitics.com

– CNN's Mark Preston and Alexander Mooney


Filed under: Hillary Clinton
soundoff (154 Responses)
  1. Blaise NY

    Alot of people here have selective memory. CNN did have the fact that Obama outraised clinton – as the top story when it happened. Alot of bitter Obama fans out there.

    October 3, 2007 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  2. Just the facts

    ATTENTION: ALL HILLARY FANS

    Please answer me this.

    In national polls, Hillary has a 48% "disapproval rating". That leaves 52% of the voting public. That means that everyone who "likes" or has "no opinion" on Hillary would have to vote for her.

    How can she win?

    By the way, Obama has a 28% disapproval rating.

    Go ahead waste your vote, and you will all be saying President Guilliani.

    October 3, 2007 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  3. Bea, Hoboken, NJ

    Oh no, one of those Freeper nut cases is now posting on this board!!!! Ralph, do you really believe the nonsense that you people spout? Please give us a break and post this filth in Rush or O'Reilly's site.

    October 3, 2007 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  4. RuthieM

    What about the Hsu money that had to be included in this 3rd quarter 27 million? And are there any more like this she's supposed to be returning? Why hasn't anyone mentioned that???
    And why does the media say she stole the spotlight from Obama when Obama has been leading her in primary dollars and donors. I guess it all boils down to who has more planted publicity writers.

    October 4, 2007 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7