October 4th, 2007

NBC's '30 Rock' to get a dose of Gore

Gore is set to make an appearance on the NBC show '30 Rock'

NEW YORK (CNN) - Former Vice President Al Gore is expected to make an appearance on the NBC comedy show "30 Rock" in November. Gore was in New York last week to tape the episode, and a Gore spokeswoman says "he did have a great time".

Gore's office anticipates the episode will air as part of, what it called, NBC's upcoming "Green is Universal" week of environmentally-based programming, Nov. 4 – 10.

NBC would not comment on the story.

As to what role the 2000 Democratic presidential nominee plays on the show or what the plot entails, "you gotta watch the show," says Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider.

– CNN Producer Shirley Zilberstein

Filed under: Al Gore
  1. James, Phoenix AZ

I really find it odd Mr Gore doesn't run for the Presidency right now. The sentiment (among his supporters) is he won the 2000 election. Hillary has horribly high negative ratings.

I wonder if there weren't some "agreement" to keep him out?

I would never vote for him... but as a political observer I'm surprised he isn't running.

October 4, 2007 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  2. Ramu Ramaswami,Allentown,PA

what a shame for us, we did not elect him as our Presidient. It is a loss for America.

October 4, 2007 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  3. Loyda, WDC

oh, brother.... another Fred Thompson....from the Hill, to TV, to the WH....

October 4, 2007 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  4. R, New York, NY

"30 Rock" and Al Gore – both full of themselves.

October 4, 2007 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  5. Anonymous

And to think, I used to hate that guy.

October 4, 2007 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  6. Richard Goodwin, Coweta, Oklahoma

I'm sure the idiot will be running around saying "The Sky is Falling"

October 4, 2007 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  7. Richard, Oakland, CA

When I first saw the title of this story, I thought that Al Gore was going to have his OWN sitcom series. maybe he was going to make a sitcom based on his Presidential bid or "An Inconvienient Truth"

October 4, 2007 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  8. Randy, Williamsport, MD

I remember Gore doing a spoof of the show "West Wing" on Saturday Night Live a few years ago, and it was really funny and he was hilarious. I am as Rebulican as you can get and hate his politics, but I will admit that he has great acting ability.

October 4, 2007 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  9. Bill, Streamwood, IL

The guy from Saturday Night Live would probably do a better job.

October 4, 2007 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  10. Emma Greene, Dallas, TX

I am OK with "Green is Universal" even if W or Fred Thomson taking part. Of course Gore does it more naturally. I wonder, I have been waiting for more and more environmentally friendly politicians so we'll be able to pass on a greener USA to our future generations.

Go green, America!

October 4, 2007 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  11. James Claremont, CA

I would think Tina Fey would be smart enough to see that Al Gore is a self-serving hack. Then again, Alec Baldwin might have desensitized her.

October 4, 2007 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  12. Adam, Pittsburgh, PA

Spare the comparisons to Fred Thompson. One is the most prescient politician of our time. The other forgets that the SOVIET UNION no longer exists.

October 4, 2007 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  13. Richard, Oakland, CA

If Gore was to run, he would win, not only the Democratic nomination, but the Presidency. He must know that, so one can only assume he has found his calling doing what he is doing.

I'm sure he is doing what Colin Powell did in not running as well. He probably doesn't want to subject his family to that life.

The main reason I didn't vote for him in 2000 was because of Tipper (no i didnt vote for Bush either.) She was a leader in the PMRC, and many of us in the music industry were attacked by her organization, even those with music that was not vert offensive at all.

I felt she was a strong advocate for government censorship, which I felt was inappropriate for a First lady.

October 4, 2007 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  14. Paul, Philadelphia

"seriously only libs toot their own hornj like this"

If you are looking for horn-tooting, I would look no further than the Republicans in the White House.

How odd that a Republican poster would be "sick" of Al Gore.

I just don't see the logic in it. After a disputed election in 2000 which Gore lost (I personally stand behind both the Supreme Court and the Electoral College, so I acknowledge Bush as the winner), we have been subjected to seven years of some of the worst leadership our country has ever seen.

Sick of Al Gore? I think seeing Al Gore on TV and at the Oscars has been a minimal intrusion on our lives. The person to be sick of is in the White House.

October 4, 2007 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  15. bill birmingham alabama

gee, Al are you still trying to find your a..hole?....look in the mirror stupid....

October 4, 2007 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. laurinda,ny

JAMES IN PHONEIX...You want to watch a real comedy, watch George Bush try to speak without a script!

October 4, 2007 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  17. Michael, San Jose CA

blah blah blah

i suppose that Al likely also invented the sitcom.

what a blow-hard

October 4, 2007 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  18. Jeff, San Diego, CA

Why is everyone attacks Al Gore for being "boring", "a dork" etc, seems no one actually attacks his stances or his beliefs, just plain old personal attacks.

October 4, 2007 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  19. Sherry AllOver Texas

Hey Richard Goodwin, you mean like the idiot Repubs that run around saying "If we don't fight them there, we'll have to fight them here" Talk about chicken little's!

October 4, 2007 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  20. KJ, TX

If Al Gore would run for president, I would vote for him.

October 4, 2007 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  21. BUTCH POSEY RAEFORD,N.C.

I CAN JUST SEE IT NOW A DUMMY PLAYING HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 4, 2007 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  22. Mike, VA Beach, VA

I truly believe Gore would be the best chance the Democrats have of winning the presidency. I hope he wins the Nobel Peace Prize next Friday. Hopefully he will then go on to announce he is entering the race later this month. I would vote for him AGAIN. GORE 2008!

October 4, 2007 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  23. Dave, Atlanta, GA

This is the news? I thought the silly season was over. This is worse than the news about Fred Thompson's trophy

October 4, 2007 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  24. therealist

Al Gore makes great comedy films. The title alone on his last one was a hilarious reflection of his political career.

An inconvenient truth.., isn't it ironic.

October 4, 2007 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  25. Stopwatchingfoxnews, Rochester, NY

Joseph from Austin, TX,

Apparently you have never seen Guliani on SNL and other shows and John McCain on SNL and the Daily Show. I love how Al Gore bothers you only because he is a Democrat. The only thing he is trying to do is save the planet from Global Warming. Instead you rather support people who don't believe in it and want to blow up the world.

October 4, 2007 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |