October 22nd, 2007

Obama jokes of Cheney relation

Watch Obama make light of his distant relation to Cheney Monday.

CONCORD, New Hampshire (CNN) – After filing for the New Hampshire primary Monday, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, addressed a large crowd at a rally outside the statehouse. There, he criticized the Bush administration, while highlighting genealogical ties to 'cousin,' Vice President Dick Cheney.

Last week, in an interview with MSNBC, Lynn Cheney said that her husband and Obama shared an ancestor from eight generations ago.

"Let's face it. All across America people are tired of George Bush. They are tired of this administration. They are tired of my 'cousin' Dick Cheney. We had been keeping this under raps. Everybody's got a black sheep in the family," Obama said.

–CNN New Hampshire producer Sareena Dalla

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Dick Cheney
  1. Carl

You all realize that we are also related to Dick Cheney. If you call yourself a Christian, then you know it all started with Adam and Eve... so we are all related.

Stalin, Hitler, Gandi, FDR..... all related to each other in some genetic code if you believe that.

October 23, 2007 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  2. jasondeezrickner

To Ronnie: how many American flags must one display to avoid being a traitor? I've got one outside of my home and another on my desk, but none on my clothes or my car; does that make me a half-traitor?

Patriotism is measured in actions, not in how much "flair" you put on your jacket.

October 23, 2007 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  3. demwit

But when are you guys going hunting together..?

October 23, 2007 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  4. Jim Bremer

I'm disappointed with the lack of comments on these Barack Hussein Osama ticker reports.

No doubt it's a sign of the waning Politics of the Dope.

Pity....

October 23, 2007 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  5. Karen,nj

Hey CNN.. How did my comment from days ago get under Obama? I am quite sure that I put it under a bunch of different stories all under one heading. Why would I put that under Obama?

October 24, 2007 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  6. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Check your own geneology and you can keep it secret. You don't have to expose the truth to anyone. Go ahead, check it, don't be afraid.

October 24, 2007 11:47 am at 11:47 am |