October 23rd, 2007

Giuliani files in New Hampshire and seeks hint on primary date

New Hampshire Secretary of State William Gardner showed Rudy Giuliani the dotted line as Giuliani filed his paperwork to be put on the ballot in the early primary state. Watch this clip.

CONCORD, New Hampshire (CNN) - Just three and a half hours after Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, filed for the New Hampshire primary, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani followed suit.

Giuliani while being instructed by New Hampshire Secretary of State William Gardner on where to sign, said jokingly, "If I sign there, can you sign here?" - pointing to the blank date on his application.

Giuliani later turned to Gardner and asked "Can you give us a hint?"

"Not quite," Gardner responded.

Giuliani did note the significance of keeping New Hampshire the first primary state and later told reporters he would not "get involved" with any Republican National Committee penalties against the state.

On Monday Republican Party leaders recommended punishing New Hampshire, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan and Wyoming for pushing their contests ahead in the calendar. The penalty would strip these five states of half their delegates.

– CNN New Hampshire Producer Sareena Dalla

Filed under: New Hampshire • Rudy Giuliani
  1. Chris, Middletown, CT

A real person....a moderate – wow....what a concept....exactly what the country needs now...not right...nor left...a moderate....my prediction....60% of the vote – (but really 80% will support him....many will believe the DNC rhetoric....which after alittle research will see that its untrue....and baseless rhetoric

October 23, 2007 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  2. Karen,nj

CNN Why are you telling me to slow down? Now I don't even know if you got my comment.

October 23, 2007 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  3. Karen,nj

I said once again, that do you really think that the people in NYC will really vote for Rudy when they have been walking around for years with asbestos in their lungs. Clean air my ...!

October 23, 2007 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  4. Daniel

Check the latest rundown of where the primary calendar stands here.

October 23, 2007 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  5. Chris, FL

I don't know why you boys won't admit that the election if fixed. Why else would all these issues come up? Is there someone you are afraid of? You should be afraid of Ron Paul in a logical world, but he polls to low. Who is scarring these states into moving up these primaries?

If the media does a good job brainwashing everyone into having to pick from Clinton and Rudy, I won't vote. The primary is the most important. Seriously, why would a vote matter if between them? They are the same. They may even be the same person. I saw Rudy dress up in womens clothes before.

October 23, 2007 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  6. Karen,nj

I heard that they already know who the next president will be and that person is being "groomed". I don't know if that is true, but I don't trust the government and neither do many other people.

October 24, 2007 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |