October 24th, 2007

Affleck: I'm backing Obama

Watch Ben Affleck talk politics with Larry King.

(CNN) - Actor and activist Ben Affleck talks politics with CNN's Larry King. The Hollywood star tells King he's supporting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, in the Democratic presidential primary race.  Affleck also says he's no fan of the rough-and-tumble of politics and he shares his feelings about the Bush administration. Watch this clip from CNN's Larry King Live and find out exactly why Obama is Affleck's choice.

Click here to see CNN's new political portal: CNNPolitics.com

1. Karen,nj

No one care who actors endorse. End of story.

October 25, 2007 07:52 am at 7:52 am |
  2. lavelle Rochester,Ny

I wonder what planet you people are from. I think you guys are the reason why other countries hate America! Look at your comments regarding who Ben Affleck is supporting! It's his god given right to support whom ever. Just because he doesnt support your candidate he gets called all types of names! Thats a shame

October 25, 2007 08:21 am at 8:21 am |
  3. Christian, Tampa FL

People on here can be so negative. There's no reason to call Affleck a "dimwit" just because (OMG!) he has a brain and uses it.

I swear, if the ticker is any indication of America, then we are a nation of rude idiots.

October 25, 2007 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  4. Bubba the Gambler, Swainsboro GA

$100 on Affleck against Chuck Norris. I say the kid can take him.

October 25, 2007 08:43 am at 8:43 am |
  5. James, Phoenix AZ

To Wallace in Chicago,I will be happy to oblige:

I hate Hillary, the entire country hates Hillary, and I have nothing better to do.

Swift Boat Vets for Truth!!!

October 25, 2007 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  6. A. Thomas, New York, NY

Many talented people are sheltered possibly because of their obsession with their arts. While I respect Ben Affleck's personal endorsement of obama, his choice should in no way affect his fan. His reasons for backing obama are misinformed or weak, however.

October 25, 2007 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  7. Anonymous

In related news, fellow irrelevant actor, Normal Fell announced that he's supporting Ron Paul.

WHO CARES about these people?

October 25, 2007 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  8. Enrique Moliterno, Pelotas/RS, Brazil

It's good to know that some actors still dare to take straight stands. I liked Affleck's comment on not being "soured" by Bush's acts on politics. This is what it's all about, to try to find always the ways to achieve objectives. Of course, objectives and ways DO MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE. That's why Obama is at the right time to become president and show the world change is possible.

October 25, 2007 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  9. Mike, Wichita, KS

Good for you, Ben. who cares!

October 25, 2007 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  10. Nick, Bridgeport CT

So Ben Affleck supports Obama. Who cares? The vast majority of Hollywood constantly supports the Democratic party so this is no surprise.

Larry King should have a random cowboy from the midwest, or a store clerk from New England, on his show to discuss their view on politics. At least they're not living in a bubble world.

October 25, 2007 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  11. Robison in Wallingford, CT

If you don't care for Affleck, than why wouldn't you just scroll down and not waste time by posting "who cares?"

I'm not usually a fan of Affleck fan, but he speaks well about why he supports Obama. Obama has been consistant with his opposition to these new, rash wars against Iraq and Iran.

Obama '08!

October 25, 2007 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  12. U. Puganil, Baltimore, MD

And voters should listen to actors like Ben Affleck because... ?

Seriously, Affleck's about as intelligent and politically savvy as my pet cockatoo – and she's been dead for 11 years.

October 25, 2007 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  13. Joe, Lincoln Neb

Another left wing hollywood Al Qaida supporter turning toward the Dems. When will Hollywood ever learn to support our troops?

October 25, 2007 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  14. Olivia, san antonio texas

I will quote Chico Stick to acting and "directing" you dimwit. Osama, Oh sorry, I mean Obama is green. He carries little weight. We need a strong person to bring something to the table. We can't vote for someone on color – what's his color going to do in a problem arises? We need a someone who is strong. Clinton will win the nomination and the election. Hopefully she will choose Biden as VP. Not Obama – its not about what makes history. It's about who will make history. Clinton and Biden 2008!!!! Ben is a has been. No one cares who he votes for.

October 25, 2007 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  15. S. Woodward Mississippi

Why post who the actors are voting for president? If anyone would let these knuckleheads influnence their vote shame on them.

October 25, 2007 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  16. RuthieM

Another wise man and great screenwriter/actor!

October 25, 2007 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  17. Mitty, Miami Gardens, Florida

Kudos! Affleck, that the way to go. Bravo! Obama 08!

October 25, 2007 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  18. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

Ben is not a great actor, I wish he learn and study more about his acting, not a politics. I don't think he knows anything about Obama, he didn't mention anything Obama's accomplishment, so I don't care what Ben said, he just need spotlight for his popularity so used Obama.

October 25, 2007 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  19. Tim, El Cerrito, CA

God is he cute. Ben has always been one of my favorite guys. Hey, he said he would vote for Obama in the primary but he will definetely vote for a Dem in the general. What's not to love. At least he's not like that stupid Check Norris voting for an idiot Repub. Even Merle Haggard who has always been a rebub is supporting a dem this time (Hillary). We got to get these repub crooks out of there. They are ruinging our country. I wish they would create their own little country with the 25% diehard who think they never can do anything wrong. We could give them Alaska and they could all live up there with the corrupt Stevens.

October 26, 2007 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  20. Tim, El Cerrito, CA

Oh, and yes we can do that we can say we made a mistake...something those on the right never do because they are perfected like Ann Coulter I suppose.

October 26, 2007 01:31 am at 1:31 am |
  21. Tony, Enterprise, Alabama

Hey, this is still America, he is entitled to support anyone he wants.

As I understand the interview he intends to support the Democratic nominee in the general election.

That works for me.

Hillary Clinton '08

October 26, 2007 07:17 am at 7:17 am |
  22. American Vet, Anywhere USA

Okay, the time has come for the next war, which unfortunately will happen.

Now Ben, don your full battle rattle (i.e. individual body armor, M16-A2, 20 round clip magazines), and let's defend America.

Oh, what's that? You prefer to direct and act in movies? Oh... Okay, well send us a care package with a DVD of your next movie. Sleep tight, we got your back!

October 26, 2007 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  23. Kelvin Runner, Halifax. NC

Who gives a flip who Affleck backs. He's just a wannabe terrible actor, loose living bum.

October 31, 2007 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  24. Sue,NH

It's Bens right to vote for who he wants. I voted for Hillary in NH ... GO Hillary!!!

January 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |