October 26th, 2007

The group behind those blood-colored hands

Watch Jeanne Moos's report about the anti-war group Code Pink.

(CNN) - The anti-war group behind one woman's Capitol Hill confrontation with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is not new to causing trouble and disrupting Congressional hearings. Jeanne Moos reports on the women who are Code Pink.

Related: Bloody-hands protester confronts Rice

Click here to see CNN's new political portal: CNNPolitics.com

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Tom, ALBUQUERQUE, NM

RIGHT ON CODE PINK, YOU DID WHAT YOU HAD TO DO. RICE IS A CRIMINAL AND SHOULD PAY FOR HER WAR CRIMES...

October 26, 2007 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  2. Tom, ALBUQUERQUE, NM

CHRIS FROM MIDDLETON IS INCORRECT IN HIS NEWS RELEASE, AT LEAST 6 AMERICANS HAVE DIED THIS WEEK IN IRAQ.

October 26, 2007 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  3. Eric, Tampa Florida

Just old worthless hags trying to relive their drug induced rebellious youth with their idealistic daughters. Let's protest in a respectful way.

October 26, 2007 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  4. Jay L., Hollywood, CA

"America- Love it or get the hell out!" Aha, the same old Vietnam war era baloney again. When will people learn that protestors also love their country? That's why they are protesting. And the right of free speech is guaranteed in the US Constitution. Or do those who say this want to abolish the constitution and go back to dictatorships? The level of political discourse in the US is immature. Maybe Americans don't deserve democracy ...

October 26, 2007 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  5. David, Jacksonville, FL

"Anybody that sends our soldiers into an illegal war started and sustained by lies and fear, THAT'S scum. Bush and Cheney are responsible for the deaths of evey U.S. soldier, and for the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians killed so that Macho Boy and his handler, Cheney, could force American into fascist mode."

Are you kidding me? Have things in the world been so nice and peachy for you hiding behind your computer that you've forgotten what it takes to make this country free?! Have you forgotten the only reason your even ABLE to speak your mind on this website, and not even that, the only reason were even having this debate is through fighting for our rights! People need to understand that granted this is the 21st century, we have the ability now more than ever to resolve matters peacefully, but other areas in the world such as Iraq and the insurgents in the country don't resolve matters this way. The US is the most powerful country in the world, it is our responsibility to use that power for the good of not only the US, but other countries as well.

Its easy to sit here and point fingers at our administration for the events taking place and the lives being lost, but what would the middle east look right now had we not helped remove the terrorists? I can't believe the amount of blind responses on this topic.

October 26, 2007 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  6. r schier norwalk,ct

"r schier of norwalk,ct if I have explain "responsibility" to you then it's probably beyond your grasp to understand"

I "GRASP" things just fine sir...and I've heard every argument back and forth...fast and slow...there are plenty of Vets in my family as well...In light of this governments' irreprehensbile behavior, all I am saying is they have to earn respect, to expect it in return, and in my mind
    they have, and continue to, crap on their own...my brother had to persevere the bullcrap that was Vietnam: the same paranoid, worried about dictating to the world neo-con
    nonsense that is now called IRAQ...when those in power won't listen to years of polite debate, it's unfortunately time to get rude...why is it so hard to see how this country falls apart, while its resources are so
    obnoxiously squandered ?!?!?!? Grap that while you're at it....

October 26, 2007 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  7. James, Phoenix AZ

"No guts no glory…too bad so many other Americans are afraid to take real action against this corrupt government."

Posted By New York, New York

---

Those are probably the SAME words the saudi men share with each other the morning before they bordered US airliners in Boston.

Those are probably the SAME words used by radical islamic leaders when inciting their faithful followers to strap on an explosive devise and detonate themselves in an Israeli mall – killing innocent women and children.

When you cross the line of justifying illegal behavior as a means to accomplish your agenda – you are not better than the terrorists we're fighting against!

SHAME ON YOU!

October 26, 2007 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  8. John Starnes Tampa Florida

This was not a "death free week in Iraq"....MANY Iraqi civilians died! Don't they count? And Bush's illegal and immoral war unleashed the forces killing them. Good grief!

October 26, 2007 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  9. Dan (Columbia, MD)

Well, "Anonymous", in the military we were MAN enough to put our name on posts – unlike you.

And r schier of norwalk,ct, this isn't Vietnam so give it a rest. We're fighting a different enemy. You misplaced anger and failure to grasp reality is boring. Take a look at my original post to refresh yourself with what my beef with Code Pink is. Regardless of your opinion of the war, their conduct towards the military is beneath contempt. You want to support that sort of irresponsible free speech then fine. Knock yourself out. Just don't be surprised when you receive backlash for it.

October 26, 2007 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  10. Wayne, Calhoun City, MS

To all that say Condi's reaction shows she is cold and souless? How would you have had her react? Like a scared little girl? Cry? Run scared? None of us have any idea what this woman has to put up with all day long as far as protest from a minority of people. The only reason there is a majority of people saying they want out of Iraq is because EVERYONE want's us out but the majority would like for us to win first. They just keep asking the same people these questions because they know the answers they are going to give. IF the majority wanted us out so bad why did George Bush go back in for a second term? Because the liberal press had not got rolling yet. Yes everyone has a right to protest but you don't have the right to break the law to protest. Running up to a public official like that is WRONG as well as ILLEGAL. Sure some times there are times to do that but this is not one of them. And another thing. If as many people were against this war as they state then how come we don't see even CLOSE to the protest we were seeing in Vietnam? and don't say it's just because of the draft. Because that makes Liberals look worse than you are. Makes you look like you don't care as much as long as it's just the volunteers dying.

October 26, 2007 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  11. save our english

"just WHEN does the rule of law begin to matter with yall??"

Posted By Henry Tucker, Ga

just WHEN does the rule of grammar and spelling, begin to matter with YOU ALL???

October 26, 2007 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  12. Dave, Ks KS

Yes – No war – we can be sheep, and die like sheep. Or we can be men, and die like men.
    Maybe she needed an office in the twin towers.
    Our enemy isnt fighting over land, or politics. We are seen as inferior, and can be killed – like roaches. But we are not – and if it comes down between us or them- I vote on us.
    For al their talk- I see no Burkas covering their heads. We can take them to the enemy – where woman have no voice.
    If you dont have another solution to the problem – then shut up, or baaa.

October 26, 2007 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  13. John K. Riggs Eagle Pass Texas

Well Halleluyah thank You Jesus I finally have someone in DC that represents ME. The whole executive branch needs a little trip to the Hague. My hats off to Ms. Fairooz and the photographer deserves a Pulitzer. Twenty something years of the Clinton-Bush crime syndicate is too long. If the men of this nation (congress)cant reign in these madmen maybe the women can.(thats an insult Mr. Conyers)

October 26, 2007 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  14. Henry Tucker, Ga

Posted By save our english : October 26, 2007 5:17 pm

------

Typical lib'ral – when all logic fails look for spelling errors!!

Sir, if it weren't for REAL American Patriots (not the sissy name-callers found in Code Pink) but the men and women who in years and wars past put their LIVES on the line – English would be a 2nd langauge here. German or Japanese would be our primary language!

Shove that in your spell-check.

October 26, 2007 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  15. mark R. Fot Lauderdale FL

No matter your position on the war, this is a tasteless publicity stunt and serves no one. It is also disrespectful of our government officials. I don't support the war in Iraq, but I am repulsed by this lady's attack on our Secretary of State. I am a democrat, but no way should Condoleeza Rice be subjected to this.

October 26, 2007 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  16. get real

"Our enemy isnt fighting over land, or politics. We are seen as inferior, and can be killed – like roaches. But we are not – and if it comes down between us or them- I vote on us"

not fighting over politics?? I'm wondering at this point just who is it that has been indoctrinated. just glad you didn't haul out the "the Iraqi's want freedom" line again. What would you do if Canada and Mexico were attacked, and dictated to? what has the US policy been for the last 50 years??? OilIsraelOilIsraelOilIsraelOilIsrael
    Funny how Europe has bordered the mid-east forever, and NEVER had an attack from the mid-east because they were felt to be "inferior". U.S. never had any problems until its policy began being pulled by a minute group of people with interests entirely contrary to either the US citizens, or the citizens of the Middle East. We could have had a 30+ year head start on alternative engery development, and could have likely eliminated entirely the need for oil by this point, at least Middle East Oil. Instead, all the little people will suffer with unaffordable energy costs, the U.S. as a whole will suffer with a broken bank and infrastructure, and the whole world will suffer from stupid, arrogant, pig-headed policies....

October 26, 2007 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  17. Jim, Columbus, GA

Agree with your comments Dan (Columbia, MD)

Thank You for your Military Service – I'm a retired Army Command Sergeant Major and gave 30 of the best years of my life defending this Great Country

I know first hand about these 0xygen theives – Was asked "how many babies did I kill?" in the SF Airport latrine when I returned from fighting in Vietnam with the 173rd Airborne Bde in 69 – Took 3 guys to pull his head ouuta tolet while I was trying to flush him - "waterboarding perhaps?"

I heard the lies and and saw the protest from Fonda and Kerry – and it hurt me to my soul – I swore I'd never let that happen to our Brave Soldiers again - I saw firsthand the result of in-breeding in DC 17 Mar – Every anti-American hate group you could think of was there – Incl "Code Pink" and the Bad LDS punks all dressed in Black hiding behind the women as they lined up to March (The ones who painted the Capitol steps earlier that year)Just a Bunch of cowards waiting on Cindy Sheehan to arrive (and she did .....in a Black Stretch Limo...guess George Soros paid for it)

Saw on this news last night – Her old Man kicked this crazy old scumbag out then she joined the Pinko's ... HAR!

Free Speech is one thing – Aslt and vandalism is another – I'll break your hands you put em in my face, Hero!

I ain't crazy about Iraq either – But Surrender is NOT and option

This ain't Vietnam folks – You Sheep can bury your head in the sand if you want to ... but I got a News Flash for you ...the Islamofacist ain't giving up !

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
    Out

October 27, 2007 06:27 am at 6:27 am |
  18. Eric, from THE Republic of Texas

Back! Back! Back I say! Back to the Sixties with you misfits and malcontents!

October 27, 2007 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  19. UNKNOWN

So they say Rangers led the way in Viet Nam, took control of the villages...left...the Viet Cong took control of the villages once again. Everyone I have talked to said that it was a useless war and didn't accomplish a thing, but kill thousands of Americans.

October 27, 2007 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  20. UNKNOWN

Impossible...I have used several last names and I always stay away from cameras. And they all lived happily ever after.

October 27, 2007 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  21. UNKNOWN

Texas..shut up. No one is talking about the sixties! Go play on Thompson's yard with some IED's.

October 27, 2007 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  22. Jim, Columbua, GA

UNKNOWN said "Everyone I have talked to said that it (Vitenam)was a useless war and didn't accomplish a thing, but kill thousands of Americans"

Sure Hero when you talk to the Draft Dodgers who can't sleep at night cause they know they were just girly guys

Read your History Smart A** – VN was an important part in the collapse of Russia and stopping the spred of Communism

Remember this Dude: Soldiers don't get a say in picking the wars they have to fight

By the way – we never lost a major battle in Vietnam – Congress gave up – just like Reid and Peloski have already waved the white flag .. just trying to find the actual surrender date

Don't talk trash to me "Unkwnown" if you ain't Man enough to walk the walk Wildman

"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"
    Out

October 27, 2007 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  23. Colleen,ny

For your information smart a** when I was separated from my husband for awhile I was seeing an ex-Ranger who was in Nam and he told me and he never lied. I aso knew someone who was married to a Green Beret and he got shot in the head over there by guys fooling around with a gun.

October 27, 2007 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  24. Colleen,ny

I am useless. The only things I did were protesting, getting people in apt's. to fight the, super, landlord, mayor and building dep't. We achieved rent reductions from the place that used be in the WTC, and I was the one the police went after constantly. It was h*** having to go to court all the time with the BS. That is why we got out of White Plains and started moving upstate. I fight with everybody. There are other people like me and you can pick one of them. I have been fighting since I was 2yrs. old and I am good at it.

October 27, 2007 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  25. sean metamora,IL

"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"
    Out
    Posted By Jim, Columbua, GA : October 27, 2007 6:46 pm

i'm glad we had such judgmental facists defending us from peasants and farmers in that glorious war.

and before you ask, yes i was an infantryman i did serve in the war on terror, earned my CIB and this war like vietnam is defending the usa from people who could never mount an invasion of our soil

October 27, 2007 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |