October 30th, 2007

Bush confidante backs Giuliani

NEW YORK (CNN) - A confidante of President Bush is backing Rudy Giuliani for president, the former New York City mayor's campaign announced Tuesday.

Joe Allbaugh headed the Federal Emergency Management Agency under Bush and served as his chief of staff when he was the Texas governor and as campaign manager of the 2000 Bush-Cheney presidential campaign. Allbaugh will serve as a senior advisor to Giuliani.

– CNN Producer Shirley Zilberstein

Filed under: Rudy Giuliani
  1. Ray Murphy, Oroville, CA

When someone that headed FEMA under Bush endorses you, do you say thanks or run as fast as you can?

October 30, 2007 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  2. Mike, Lansing, Michigan

Is this a super slow news day?

October 30, 2007 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  3. Dave, Alpharetta GA

SO?

Adolf Giuliani is a low-life that seems to be smarter than the entire GOP base! Afterall, they all seem to be warming up to a pro-choice, pro-gun control, social liberal from NY.

October 30, 2007 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  4. FT Doylestown, Pa.

Well that's it for me! I have been having BAD feeling about Rudy and I feel he's a globalist and wants this North American Union.....this is the nail in the Coffin for me. Plus I hate his wife...don't want to see a Home Breaker as First Lady. To me this is No Lady
    The only thing this guy really says is I can Beat Hillary and If they don't elect Hillary...then what does he do?
    More of the same old Bush stuff...NO NO NO....

October 30, 2007 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  5. Connie, Louisville, Tn.

Figures! He probably can't even tell the difference between them.

October 30, 2007 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Who will the descendent six toe cats of Hemminway go to when called?

October 30, 2007 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  7. Ron, New Haven, Connecticut

Too bad for Giuliani he is running so badly in actual polls... Today's ARG polls from IA, NH, and SC have him trailing Romney everywhere... and even Huckabee in Iowa!

October 30, 2007 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  8. Blayze Kohime, Columbus Ohio

If I were Giuliani, Bush lackeys are the last people I would want backing me.

October 31, 2007 12:27 am at 12:27 am |
  9. Mrs. America

I certainly cannot see how this will help Giuliani. The words Bush and FEMA, especially used together, don't resonate well.

October 31, 2007 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  10. Chris, Middletown, CT

I'm a Giuliani supporter – a true social liberal and fiscal conservative – Bush needs to shut up....and understand that any support from him hurts...(whether its his fault or not...)

October 31, 2007 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  11. Jr., California

Take a moment folks .... can you really imagine Giuliani as the Prez?

October 31, 2007 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |