October 30th, 2007

Huckabee: 'I'm a threat'

Watch Mike Huckabee address recent attacks on him from the right.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee answered some of his conservative critics in an interview in the Situation Room Tuesday.  “Why are they coming after you like this?,” Wolf Blitzer asked, referring to a conservative group’s recent attack on Huckabee’s tax record as governor of Arkansas. “Because I’m a threat to some folks who really want an old-fashioned, establishment Republican that can be controlled by a handful of people on Wall Street,” Huckabee responded “and you know Wolf, I can’t.”

Huckabee also discussed his record regarding illegal immigrants while Arkansas’s governor and Rudy Giuliani’s views on abortion.  Watch the interview.

Click here to see CNN's new political portal: CNNPolitics.com

– CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

Filed under: Mike Huckabee • Rudy Giuliani
  1. S.M. Haulk, Carroll Iowa

Mike has got my vote in the primary and at the end of the race. It is nice to see and Republican with a Theocratic backbone. Diplomacy is the only way to get things done around here. I really like his fair tax policy. I am a poor person and it would be nice to see the rich have to pay the same amount of taxes that I do. If I dig myself out from being poor and someday become wealth and have to give up 25-26% of my income in sales tax that wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit because I would remember that when I was poor I had to pay the same amount.

October 31, 2007 06:08 am at 6:08 am |
  2. jw, canadian,ok

Any Rebublican is a threat!!

October 31, 2007 07:33 am at 7:33 am |
  3. jw, canadian,ok

.....somebody want to tell me what William from Ontario said, I went to the University of Oklahoma.

October 31, 2007 07:37 am at 7:37 am |
  4. Doremus

Hukee won't be "controlled by a handful of people on Wall St.," he'll ge guided by a mob of cross-toting, ethnic and social cleansing, close-minded, belief before truth and fact brown shirts. Fortunately, they're not the majority.

October 31, 2007 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  5. Curiousgeorge

CNN is going tabloid and unreasonable censorship at the same time. Did CNN hire Karl Rove?

October 31, 2007 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  6. Bob, Seattle, WA

And a rising force.

October 31, 2007 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  7. phil cypress, texas

HUCKABEE 2008---–HE IS A TRUE CONSERVATIVE WHICH WILL BRING THE RIGHT VALUES TO THE WHITE HOUSE. HE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE CHRISTIAN VOTE. GOD BLESS MIKE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA. GOD HELP US ALL IF HILLARY WINS.

October 31, 2007 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  8. Dale Davis, Glendora, California

Huh! Nice guy. But he's obviously the Great Evangelical Hope.
    It's amusing to see the quick knee-jerk acceptance of this candidate amongst the conservative Protestants.
    Would it be fair to insist that he also pass a litmus test from the Mormon voters in Utah that he won't be running for Pastor in Chief, like Dr. Richard Land of the Baptist Convention is suggesting to the Mormon candidate? Fair is fair, right? Or is it?

November 19, 2007 12:53 am at 12:53 am |