October 30th, 2007

Obama shows off dance moves on Ellen

Watch Obama show off his moves on The Ellen DeGeneres Show

WASHINGTON (CNN) - In a presidential campaign, no detail about a candidate is left unexamined - including his or her dance moves.

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Monday and showed off his moves to Beyonce's "Crazy in Love."

Ellen seemed impressed with the presidential candidate's dance skills, and Obama himself admitted he was pretty good, "for a presidential candidate."

"It's a low bar but I am pretty sure I have better moves than Giuliani," Obama joked, referencing the former New York City mayor and Republican presidential frontrunner.

Obama added that he hopes he's not the last candidate to hit the dance floor with Ellen.

"I do hope I start a trend with the presidential candidate dancing."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. TR in Wallingford, CT

To Daniel in NY:
    You made the same exact post on the other Obama articles. Your post has nothing to do with either article. Take your unhelpful, anti-Obama posts somewhere else.

To Monte Brown in New York, NY:
    Obama's appearance on Ellen was scheduled way before this McClurkin thing. Please check your facts before posting. Obama has also run the most accepting campaign towards gays except for Kucinich. Obama was the one who told black audiences that they need to get over their homophobia as a culture, remember? As for Hillary, she has nothing to do with this article and I'm not going to go off-topic and post about her under this article, but you can imagine who I support.

October 30, 2007 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  2. VoiceForTheUniter, FL

MONTE

This guy can't even go on a daytime talkshow without you twisting it into something else.

Are you REALLY black? Hillary goes on daytime talkshows all the time. Shut up.

My generation is entering a new century where Blacks are an integral part of mainstream society. People like you are so afraid to see a Black leader who doesn't preach from a pulpit, that you sling mud at them at every opportunity. Why can't you do the right thing for your children's generation and support one of the best examples of what a black man is capable of acheiving in america?

Clinton is ready to lead? Sorry but if I was tiger woods caddy for 10 years that hardly makes me qualified to win the masters. Voting for Iraq, voting for Iran, running racially divisive adds in south carolina? (Black people have been invisible to this president). Anyone making less than 300k a year has been invisible to this president no matter what race. That's indirectly telling people that blacks deserve different treatment than anybody else. You are of the generation she is pandering to. The same one the slime that's left in the democratic party always goes after. Election after election you let it fool you. Guess what we have the same rights as everyone else now. I think she is ready it lead us in the wrong direction.

You however will buy into it because you have a lack of faith in yourself. The Government cannot solve what's wrong in our community. Good leadership can and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to rob us of our leaders. You make me sick.

Vote for who you want, but don't tear down our leaders.

I try to be diplomatic on here but this guy....WOW

October 30, 2007 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  3. S, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I just want to know how and why this made CNN headlines...

October 30, 2007 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  4. Cody, Iowa City, Iowa

Pretty sad that after this was taped he went on the gay-bashing tour in south carolina.

October 30, 2007 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  5. Bob, Seattle, WA

Further pandering to the gay crowd after his McClurking debacle. Poor Obama.

October 30, 2007 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  6. Jeannie, El Paso, TX

Thank goodness she's finally stopped crying. If I had to hear another word about that friggin dog I was going to be sick. Thank you so much Mr. Obama!

October 30, 2007 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  7. Susan, Macedon, New York

I blame the media for all of this nonsense – the dancing, the halloween masks, the whole mess.

If they hadn't started the 2008 race immediately after the 2006 election, they wouldn't be desperately searching for stories to fill the time and the American people could have had a break for awhile.

I know that I'm thoroughly sick of the campaign and I like politics! I can't imagine what this long, long, looong campaign will do to voter turnout for those who don't!

At least give us the Holidays off!

October 30, 2007 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  8. David, Dallas Tx

Monty Brown said, It would have been easier for Hillary without Obama, but noooo, Mr. Egomaniac had to jump in the race.

If Obama were making it harder for Hillary to compete in the national election against the Republican candidate, for example if Obama were running as an independent, this would be a serious issue.

Newsflash: That’s NOT the case, and having multiple good candidates is a good thing. When you have more than one option, you can pick which mix of strengths and weaknesses you want. When there’s only one real option, you have no choice about the strengths and weaknesses you get. Just look at the Republicans. Their front runner has no serious competition and his stance on half the issues are moderate Democrat, not Republican. But he's the best they've got.

Competition is a good thing. It's the whole idea behind having elections with multiple candidates, in fact.

In case you skipped the day they covered that in your American Government class.

October 30, 2007 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  9. Mark Winchester VA

Pandering to the queers. I can't wait until next week and obama goes hunting at the confederate hunt club that Cheney was target practing. That should ease tensions between obama and the Daughters of the Confederatercy What a two face joker.

October 30, 2007 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  10. Oscar, Rio Vista, CA 94571

All the candidates are doing the talk show rounds so stop trying to stir up trouble just because Barack was on Ellen's show. I thought it was nice to see him having some fun.

And that's all it was... so why all the hate mail? You republicans and Hilary lovers should try being nice for a change and get a life instead of sitting in front of your computers all day anonymously spewing all the hate that you have inside you.

October 30, 2007 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  11. Monte Brown, New York, NY

The hot-headed responders to my previous post just prove my point all the time.

Uriew: I doubt Hillary is having sleepless nights because so far she has beat Obama on every issue under the sun in all the debates. She makes Obama look like a schoolboy. Hillary will defeat Obama and win the nomination.

Voice for the Uniter: “preach from a pulpit”? Please. I am an agnostic secular liberal, my brother. I don’t listen to religious zealots at all, I follow no holy book and I never don't use my race or gender as a factor when I make my decisions to choose a candidate. Yes I am an educated tax paying law abiding citizen, and I take nothing from the government. I am part of the mainstream and you have never seen me write that black people should be treated differently than others. By no means do I believe that, so don’t put words in my mouth like a right wing demagogue would do. I am, however, not in denial of the fact that black people in America, collectively, do not have a very good report card on issues such as health, education and jobs. I also know that, when the reactionaries are in power, blacks in America tend to get the worse out of the reactionaries’ bad policies. We are better off supporting the Democrats because we are not in a position where we can support Republicans. "We're not there yet." Our kids score low on standardize exams. Our women are not treated like other women in hospitals, regardless of their status. Our brothers are going in and out of prison for crimes that white men get slapped on the wrists. We are still not equal in America and we won’t get there with DENIAL and we certainly won’t get there with Obama’s brand of “hope”. We can’t eat hope. We NEED effective leadership. We NEED Hillary Clinton.

Instead of being black, white, male, female, gay, straight, or whatever why can’t we come together and be DEMOCRAT, put on our battle armors, and fight the reactionaries who want to reverse Roe v. Wade, who want to end Affirmative Action, and who want our grandchildren to pay for blood and carnage. We need to stand behind a leader who is knuckled up and ready to fight and win. We are better off with Hillary because she definitely can BEAT THE REPUBLICANS. She is READY TO LEAD. Let's take our country back with an effective leader.

October 30, 2007 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  12. RuthieM

We're gonna Ba-Rock the vote!

October 30, 2007 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  13. Kade in Phoenix, Arizona

Isn't it great that the entire Republican Party is united in hating Democrats, but Democrats don't even like eachother? Get a grip people. It's time for change. And I believe that Barack Obama can lead us into change. Hopefully, we will practice what our constitution and Bill of Rights preach. Tolerance, freedom and liberty.

October 30, 2007 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  14. Joe, Florida

Clinton/Obama will be the landslide-type winning ticket in 2008.

October 30, 2007 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  15. Linda in Highland MI

why in the world do we care if this guy can dance....perhaps he should fine tune that skill....as this is a person who will NOT say the Pledge of Allegiance or let alone put his hand over his heart while OTHERS say it....and people what this guy to be in charge of our country....WAKE UP!!!!

October 30, 2007 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  16. Dana Clarksville Tn

That just shows you about the dem. They support gays and lesbos. I would not be caught dead on the lesbos show. Go Fred Thompson!

October 30, 2007 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  17. Coach Haughton NH

Thanks for not posting my first reply to Monte.

If you please, answer the question Monte. How do you justify complaining about the problems that face blacks while tearing down one of be best examples of what blacks can achieve in america?

And please give examples of how hillary is ready to lead other than campaigning well.(that have nothing to do with her husband) And Please point to her voting record.

You rationale seems to be support hillary because she knows how to beat republicans?
    My rationale is I want an honest president.

October 30, 2007 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  18. Uriew, CA

Monte Brown,
    Did someone take you to some dark place and indoctrinate you with that READY TO LEAD BS. Where did you get that from. Why dont you give specifics of how she is ready to lead. Ready to lead coz she hosted parties at the white house? Who says that she beat Obama in every debate, is that what they old you at the Hillary interns orientation. Expand on things you claim, at least you can be smarter than Hillary who has to run an internal poll before taking a stand, or do you want time to run your own poll first?

October 30, 2007 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  19. John, West Chester PA

Forget the dances, Obama should help find Ellen find her dogs... flol

October 30, 2007 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  20. Tammy

Sorry Barack but your moves are way too boring!!

A little more footwork and don't keep the hands constrained.

October 30, 2007 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  21. Janice, Beaverton, OR

LAME!!!!

October 31, 2007 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  22. WG Ward PhD, Chicago IL

Obama, Obama, Obama! You are super-bad brother. I love your spirit, intelligence, family, and boldness in standing for 'right.' Keep on truckin' brother, keep onnnnn truckin!

November 3, 2007 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  23. Jason, Pittsburgh

Yeah man!

I'm going to vote for him now.

I'll forget the fact that he wants to talk to our enemies and invade our allies!

November 5, 2007 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |