November 2nd, 2007

Clinton and women voters

Watch CNN's Carol Costello report on Clinton's support among women.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - How much support can Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton count on from women voters? CNN's Carol Costello takes a look.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. dukesjames griffin ga.

Well here we go again; one has to consider the fact-Sen. Hillary Clinton has done a lot better than most men considering the group who are running for the white house at this time look at them all how long have these men had thier eyes on that oval office; Biden Mc-cain edwards most of these men have made it to senator or govenor and hit a wall-now here comes Mrs. Hillie in her little funky pants suits and she just begin to kick all of thier butts and she is leading in everything; Do any of you think that these men are happy or even somewhat ok with that FACT? Now then broaden your horizon and consider every talking head in the DC. area Rep, and Dem. consider thier wives most of these people after everything that they have tried still sit in the back at parties but that Hillary; so who would vote for hillary -black men, the smartest white women, educated white women, young white voters male and female, the best of the gay community some military, people who look good-have clean and healthy minds, catholics-hispanic-irish-german asians will vote for her but few DC. rep. females and few black women. this all has to do with hate and envy and down-right jealousy nothing else. everyone is captain of thier own ship and captain hillary choice the rather fat hippie from arkansas-so there you go.

November 2, 2007 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  2. Shawnie - Grants Pass, OR

Tally up another woman that won't be voting for Hillary.

November 2, 2007 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  3. pam Eugene, OR

Poor, poor Hillary. All those big mean men are picking on her and she can't take the heat. After all, she is only a woman. This trash sickens me. It debases me as a strong independant woman. All the staticts about how many women will vote for her as a gender issue is also insulting. Anyone person who would cast their vote on gender or race should loose their right to vote. I really would love to see the first female President in my life time. I would need for her to be the most qualified and Hillary is not even in the ballpark.
    How much lower can she sink. Next Billy will have to rush to her aid and scold all the big bad boys for being mean to sweet little Hilly.
    Give me a break!
    Female voter saying NO to Hillary.

November 2, 2007 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  4. Amy, Seattle, WA

I am an educated woman and I will vote for Hillary. She may not be perfect (who is?) but let's be honest... what choices do we have?

I exclude the Republicans because they compromised this country, are close-minded and didn't bring any serious candidate who has real chances to win.

Who do we have on the Democratic side? An Edwards who plays the aggressive boy with Hillary to show he is tough? He lost his chance of being tough in 2004 and will lose it again. Obama? playing the politics of hope song and the solution of sharing a slice of pizza with the less fortunate? I dont think charity is the answer to the economic and social problems faced by America.

Who else? All other Democrats have no chance to win.

Sorry, but if I have to rank all these candidates, without hate just balancing what they offer, I trust Hillary more.

November 2, 2007 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  5. colony14 author, Mt Prospect, Illinois

It is an incredible insult to assume a woman will support Clinton because she is a woman, or a black will support Obama because he is half-black, or an Hispanic will vote for Richardson, etc. I will cast my vote for the candidate who is most likely to support the Constitution of the United States. I suspect that isn't going to be Hillary or Obama or Richardson. Then again, it probably won't be Giuliani or Romney either. Perhaps I'll simply write in Thomas Jefferson and be done with it.

November 2, 2007 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  6. ronnie knoxville , tn

Hillary appeals to women with "needs" as in expanded Social Services, Women, Infant Children payment programs, free day care programs; everything that perpetuates the single mother ghetto baby lifestyle. Please do not vote for this woman.

November 2, 2007 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  7. Anson Ang Williamsburg, KY 40769

Message to H.R Clinton

1. I know you have been eyeing for White House since 1992. You have been using your hubby Billy to do all that dirty work for you. Its no wonder why you can tolerate all his affairs with other womens.

2. I know you are getting really desperate and to cover up your imcompetency, you are trying to get sympathy votes from all the women. You think if you can take up 50% of all womens votes, you can be on your way to White House.

3. You are trying to make a pathway for your daughter and how can that happen? Simple, you will try to win 2008 and 2012. Then, you will try to help Jeb Bush (since the Bushes are your buddies) to win 2016 and 2020. See, your daughter is in her 20's so by 2024, she will be at her early 40's making her the YOUNGEST WOMEN US PRESIDENT. Am I right? You always want to be the pioneer right? You are so selfish!!!

Message to American voters

1. Do you still want another round of Bushes? How about Jeb Bush in 2016 and 2020? He is the same species as George W Bush!!!

2. Has America lost good leaders and we have no others to select but these two families who try to be the US dynasty? Why cant we give other people a chance? It doesnt matter if they are Republican or Democrats as long as they are NOT CORRUPT!!!

3. Remember, the Clintons and Bushes are great buddies. Cant you see they are helping each other. Clintons are helping Bush by making Al Gore and John Kerry lose. If H.R Clinton is contesting in 2008, the Bushes will help her by making other Republican lose. Same goes in 2012 Why dont they support their own party contender? Simple, if they win they will hold on to the seats and when it expires in 8 years, his deputy will take over. In politics, its very hard to defeat an incumbent!!!

November 2, 2007 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  8. DEE, Nashville, TN

As an African American woman who has voted in EVERY election (primaries and general elections) since I was 18 (33 years), I will not vote for Hillary Clinton!!

Altough I feel it is duty and a tribute to my ancestors who bled and died so that I would have the right to vote, if she is the Democratic nominee(it will be a hard decision), but I will stay home.

Hillary, is a calculating,woman who will say anything to get elected! And after thoroughly reading her positions on issues, I just cannot vote for her.

Do Dems honestly think that if she is president, the Republicans will allow her to accomplish anything? There will be gridlock just because she is a Clinton and there will be nothing but bickering, back biting and scandals!

Just wait, if she becomes the Dem. nominee, the Repubs will pull out all stops. They will make reference to her sexual preference (the rumor that was around a few years ago) and will refer constantly to the little dress with the stain. She's whining now?? The way they Swift Boated John Kerry will be child's play.

I'm ready to turn the page, in this county and I don't mean turning the page backwards and re-reading history!

By the way a. thomas in NY, please check your facts! I lived in Chicago, IL for four years and know the work that Barack Obama did in and for the community.

It's not something that I read, or anyone told me about, I witnessed it first hand with my own eyes! And there were no cameras or reporters around – for a photo op!!

November 2, 2007 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  9. dukesjames griffin ga.

Now then, Is there something special about being a educated black woman? is that like well winning a silver star in war or well you know that super-hero stuff? So when people see a well–educated black woman should they throw themselves to the ground and begin to chant over and over the words-I am so un-worthy-I am so un-worthy to be in your presence? I was wondering what was wrong with condi rice; now I know.

November 3, 2007 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  10. Shandra, Miami, Florida

I am a strong black African American woman. I don't whin when I am questioned about serious issues. I cannot not and will not vote for Hillary.
    Obama 2008!

November 3, 2007 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  11. ohyea

Women are gonna come back ,and win this by gosh ,a man cant get a done a woman has to step in somewhere for us.and now is the time.this lady is smarter than any of them...even argentina's woman president is wishing her the best.shes not play the gender card obama is playing the race card whats the difference hes talking with a drawl,and hes ya know what i mean man,ya hear what im saying.half white half black.To many farmers in iowa and hillary takes it.thye'll get that money for farm aid,is when the state is in drought.

November 3, 2007 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  12. Anonymous

Do not be suprised if there is a 3rd party on the ballot from the religious right which arises out of the South and do not be suprised if they win.

November 4, 2007 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  13. HAHA

well your democratic right side edwards,just got nailed by george s.

November 4, 2007 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  14. kate lee, scottsbluff, NE

Like many other women, I was truly disappointed when HRC went into the "poor little woman" routine. So much for equality. Would she use this argument in discussions here or abroad? Obama looks better and better.

November 5, 2007 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |