November 2nd, 2007

Obama up with new ad in New Hampshire

Obama is hitting New Hampshire airwaves with his fifth ad this weekend.

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama will launch his fifth ad in New Hampshire Saturday that focuses on restoring "balance" to the tax code and protecting the middle class.

In the 30 second spot, the Illinois senator discusses the widening gap between Wall Street and Main street and calls for closing corporate loopholes, tax breaks for families, and eliminating taxes on seniors that earn less than 50,000 dollars.

“Obama talks about balance, but sadly his reckless fiscal policies are tipping further and further to the left as he proposes more and more spending," a spokesman from the Republican National Committee responded. "The only semblance of balance we’ll see from Obama’s policies are spending and taxes increasing together."

– CNN New Hampshire Producer Sareena Dalla

1. Karsen Rumpf, Iowa City, IA

Obama is the most experienced person we have running. More importantly, he is the most honest and trustworthy. I think he can really bring the democrats and republicans together to get things done and set things back on the right course. As for the guy that criticized Obama for attacking Hilary, that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard anyone say. We all saw Hilary treat the American people like idiots when it came to her answering simple questions. I extremely hope that Obama becomes our next president because he will make so many people's lives better.

November 2, 2007 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  2. Tom, New York, NY

Michael had some good points...is Obama really African-American? Is he telling the world (and even himself) the truth? And how honest is the guy really? I remember clearly the speech where he said he promised the people of Illinois he would serve out his entire senate term if elected...

I also liked Bob of Seattle's comments... "Obama espouses simple strategies that are simple to enact"....you just admitted the nievity in that statement that Hillary was referring to....at least Hillary is willing to try to state facts/reality that trying to get things done in Washington is NOT simple and therefore her experience of being there will be helpful in allowing her to work the process to enact real change... not simple change to simple things...

November 2, 2007 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. Col;in Vancouver,Canada

Obama says he would stop taxing Seniors on Income under $50,000. I am a Canadian Senior. I have pension income of $32,000 and pay $3,600 tax, which I do not mind paying. I pay $54/month medical and get 70% off on drugs. I can live well on this income.
    I do not think it would be fair for Seniors to pay less tax than young people on the same income. I think Obama’s proposal shows poor judgement or is Pandering.

November 2, 2007 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  4. Christine, Warren NJ

I know people have differen opinio,but the lastest Democratic presidential candidate debate I deeply feel that Sen.Obama and Sen. Edward are used personal way to attack on Sen.Hillary which is very dirty way. please be fair to run for the president. honest, I did not see anything wrong that Sen. Hillary did perform for America peoples. I am stand in the middle to see who is the best candidate that can really lead the USA change. As a women, Hillary from the begining to take care her daughter grow up, her experience is the same way to cover when we face trouble outside the world. Second, as the first lady, her experience can deal with difficulty people around the would. And the main key is, She is willing direct and bring USA middleclass people to have better life......chidren furture and older people's benifit.

November 2, 2007 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  5. Bridgette

It is time to elect an honest leader who thinks logically, diplomatically, and shows concern for the average, middle-class American. OBAMA '08!!!!

November 2, 2007 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. John Adkisson, Sacramento, California

Hillary Clinton's only talking point against Barack Obama (as reflected in these comments) is his so-called lack of experience. She claims she has more experience.

Ok– then let's see the documents describing her so-called experience as First Lady. "No"–she says - it is her husband's decision whether to keep her public records "secret" until 2012.

Hillary Clinton has been referred to as "Bush-Cheney lite." The better description is "Nixon-lite." Let's see the records and hear the tapes!

November 2, 2007 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  7. colony14 author, Mt Prospect, Illinois

Balance means equilibrium. That sounds good to me – a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage. With a flat tax, people at the top end cannot escape taxes via loopholes, and the parasites in the bottom half can't mooch off the producers in the top half.

Oh, wait, that wasn't what Obama meant?

November 2, 2007 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  8. ronnie knoxville tn

Obama is far left of Hillary. Voters take note and get ready to pay higher taxes all around.

November 2, 2007 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  9. Jim Bremer

Obama is a fake and a poser who has started believing his own hype. What experience does this guy have ? He is a wishy-washy speaker who does not vote on most topics ( refer CNN article that says Obama is missing from most voting issues )
    All you can get from him are platitudes that dont amount to a hill of beans. Plus he is a closet Islamic.

November 2, 2007 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  10. Robin - Vermont

None of the candidates are totally ready to be president of the US. Personally, I will vote for Barack. He will be a balance for unification between the Dems and Reps. Barack is not a Washington Machine, like Hillary and will do an honest job. He is intelligent and I believe will surround himself with both parties to advise him to get a total perpective.

November 3, 2007 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |