November 9th, 2007

Paul: 'the grassroots has really put this together'

Watch Rep. Paul's Situation Room interview.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, gave the credit for his growing presidential campaign to his grassroots supporters in an interview on CNN’s The Situation Room Thursday.

“I think we have a very good platform that’s very appealing to the people who care about what’s going on in this country,” said Paul. “I think it’s a strong message, a strong disaffection for what’s happening here in this country. I happened to be there,” explained Paul. “And, the grassroots has really put this together,” the libertarian added.

The Texas Republican spoke to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer about his fundraising, the expansion of his presidential campaign, the Iraq war, his ‘plan B’ if he doesn’t win the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, his voting record in the U.S. House of Representatives, and his views about the U.S. Constitution.

Watch Paul’s Situation Room interview.

Related: Will Paul spoil New Hampshire for the GOP?

– CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

Filed under: Ron Paul • The Situation Room
  1. Mark Freda Mechanicsburg, Pa.

I feel that this man has some very good ideas. I have been self employed for most of my life doing one thing, or another. I have learned that the best approach to solving a problem, is to get back to the "basics". That is what I feel on what is wrong with most of our politicians running this country. They need to become self disciplined and get back to "basics".

November 10, 2007 06:30 am at 6:30 am |
  2. TO

I hear Foxnews is trying to censor Ron Paul right out of the Iowa debate, Let it be known the Ron Paul supporters will no longer stand for censorship and will flood the phone lines

November 10, 2007 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  3. Yes from arizona

Is this guy great, what a leader for our country!
    Ron Paul will bring our sodiers home and put the economy back together!
    Ron Paul you have my support and my vote, thats seven votes from my family alone! Ron Paul 2008

November 10, 2007 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  4. Yes from arizona

Ron Paul your support is growing stronger everyday people are learning who Ron Paul is and what your about! They are all for what you believe in upholding our constitutional rights and bringing our troops home!
    You have my vote and donations go
    Ron Paul...YEAH