November 14th, 2007

'Mike Huckabee is Chuck Norris approved'

Chuck Norris is seeking campaign cash for Mike Huckabee.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Fresh off endorsing Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee last month, actor Chuck Norris has penned a fundraising e-mail Tuesday on behalf of the Arkansas Republican, and he's making several demands.

"The first thing I need you to do today is make a contribution in support of Mike Huckabee's campaign," the "Walker Texas Ranger" star writes in the e-mail carrying the subject “Mike Huckabee is Chuck Norris approved”.

"The second thing I need you to do today is ask at least one friend to make a contribution to Mike's campaign," Norris continues. "The third and final thing I need you to do today is to tell your friends and family members that aren't able to contribute at this time to Mike's campaign to at least sign up for his email updates."

Norris endorsed Huckabee late last month, declaring in his online column, "I believe the only one who has all of the characteristics to lead America forward into the future is ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee."

Huckabee registered 10 percent in the latest national CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll of registered Republicans. But the former Arkansas governor is doing considerably better in the early-voting state of Iowa. The latest American Research Group poll of likely Iowa GOP caucus-goers places him in second place with 19 percent - trailing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney by 8 percentage points.

Filed under: Mike Huckabee
  1. Kalvin Tupelo, Miss

Chuck for Huck. Donate or get a round-house to the face!

I like it.

November 13, 2007 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  2. T. Tim, Lodi, WI

Next we'll have Tiny Tim coming out of retirement–or whereever he is–and endorsing a
    candidate. Sheezzz...

November 13, 2007 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  3. Scott,Tupelo,MS

Please CNN stop reporting this garbage. Nobody cares what Chuck thinks. Vote Ron Paul for president.

November 13, 2007 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  4. Jon, Atl, GA

chuck norris should just roundhouse the other candidates into submission.

November 13, 2007 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  5. Frank -Boca Raton, FL

Chuck who????

November 13, 2007 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  6. Michael, Columbus, IN

Apparently the Writers strike in Hollywood has even effected Chuck Norris.

November 13, 2007 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  7. aj huntington, ny

I don't look to hollywood to see what they're thinking when deciding for which candidate to vote. If you can't think independently, you aren't nature enough to vote.

November 13, 2007 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  8. sunnysideofthefunnyfarm

Too bad chuck norris doesn't use his special powers to deliver a roundhouse kick to the catcher's mit, i mean face, of hillary clinton. Did you know behind the beard of chuck norris there isnt a chin, only another fist. chuck norris doesn't sleep, he waits.

November 13, 2007 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  9. Mark Columbus, Ohio

Huckabee left the Arkansas GOP Party in shambles when he left. He's to liberal on economics. I won't be voting for him.

WatchingHillary.com

November 13, 2007 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  10. Jonathan Hattiesburg, MS

Chuck Norris is just stating what I have felt for a long time.

November 13, 2007 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  11. Gorbashov

Chuck Norris keeps his friends close and his enemies closer. Close enough to drop them with one round house kick to the face.

Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly cloudy with a 75% chance of pain.

Chuck Norris does not own a stove, oven, or microwave, because revenge is a dish best served cold.

Chuck Norris eats beef jerky and craps gunpowder. Then, he uses that gunpowder to make a bullet, which he uses to kill a cow and make more beef jerky. Some people refer to this as the "Circle of Life"!

More later.

November 13, 2007 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  12. Terry Kinder

We like Mike and we like Chuck too. Please visit Mike Huckabee's site at http://www.mikehuckabee.com. Also, consider joining the grassroots effort to get Mike Huckabee elected President of the United States at http://hucksarmy.com.

November 13, 2007 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  13. Ethan, Brooklyn, NY

AGAIN with Chuck Norris? He wrote a fundraising email? And THAT deserves a story on CNN?!?!?! Holy cow, my brain hurts.

November 13, 2007 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  14. chris, loomis, ca

Huckabee has been rising fast. I think people believe Romney is buying his votes, but Huckabee is earning his votes.

November 13, 2007 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  15. H Clinton DC

who is Chuck Norris?

November 13, 2007 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  16. CHUCK RULES - CHUCKVILLE, TX

Under Chuck Norris' beard is....ANOTHER FIST!

November 14, 2007 02:01 am at 2:01 am |
  17. d0ct0r RaTsTaR Lebanon Oregon

Ah, Mr. Norris has several demands for us.....

Here is the kind of American our Texas Ranger Movie Star really is –

"If I'm elected president, I will…

Tattoo an American flag with the words, "In God we trust," on the forehead of every atheist. "
    ------
    This is pure RepubliChristianoFascism(tm). This is the kind of respect for religious freedom and tolerance of others we can expect from the self-righteous conservative religioso.

Bruce Lee was a way better fighter than Chuckee Cheezee and Jackie Chan is a much better comedian.

If you show your face around here with your little tattoo kit you'll be running away with a Pagan Pentacle branded into your butt, Mr. Texas Ranger. I don't belong to the NRA, Charlton Heston is not my god, and I think it is terrible that Boy George opened up our markets to assault rifles, but I do have a few firearms and I guarantee you they will take down your lips of fury and breath of death.

"The queerest of bedfellows is a politician and a preacher orally servicing each other" – Pr0f F33st3r.

Honor separation of church and state. It is right – it is American, regardless of what some political demagogues would have us believe. Practice the golden rule. That is what our forefathers really wanted for us.

"Personally smoke out bin Laden by myself and round-house kick him all the way back to America, where my United Fighting Arts Federation will handle the justice issues."

Why wait until you are made president? Do it now and the US will give you the presidency. Take your scriptwriters and your hairdressers and your fluffers and shoe-buffers and make-up artists and special effects technicians with you. Don't bother volunteering "Ah-nee", he is busy starring in his own movie and would probably find you irrelevant anyway, but you are welcome to take Theodore Nooj with you.

November 14, 2007 02:08 am at 2:08 am |
  18. Justa Thought

As much as I love and respect Chuck Norris – he is WRONG on this.
    Huckabee is NOT a conservative. He will NOT protect our borders. He wanted a Mexican embassy in Little Rock for goodness sake!

November 14, 2007 04:42 am at 4:42 am |
  19. Antonio, Tempe AZ

The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

With Chuck Norris' endorsement I don't see how any other candidate stands a chance. Thanks for putting up this important story once again CNN!

November 14, 2007 04:58 am at 4:58 am |
  20. Anonymous

Republican bashing in 3, 2, 1...

November 14, 2007 08:26 am at 8:26 am |
  21. Johnny, Houston, tx

His immigration stance alone disqualifies him for conservatives.

November 14, 2007 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  22. Mike USMC 95-99

No need to bash them...THey are looking more that stupid all by themselves...

November 14, 2007 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  23. Dick M., Tifton, GA

Who is Mike Huckabee?

November 14, 2007 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  24. freetobeme, Rochester, PA

Like I care who a celebrity supports!

I support candidates who support the Constitution with more than lip service, and I'll gladly take a FAT LIP from Chuck Norris before I'll give up just one iota of my freedom.

GO RON PAUL!

November 14, 2007 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  25. Mary, Beaver, PA

If Hillary Clinton is "Bush-Cheney lite," then CNN is "News-Lite."

C'mon CNN, give us news, not fluff!

November 14, 2007 09:00 am at 9:00 am |