November 16th, 2007

Dems duke it out

CNN's Candy Crowley recaps last night's presidential debate.

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (CNN) - CNN's Candy Crowley takes a look at how the candidates came out in last night's presidential debate.

1. Ben

Jerry Springer wants his audience back.

November 16, 2007 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. Oscar, Rio Vista, CA 94571

Hilary couldn't plant any questions so she planted "boo-birds" instead just so she could supply wishy-washy answers again. Afterwards, as I predicted, the media opinionators voted Hilary the winner again. Instead of listening to boo-birds perhaps these so called opinionators should listen to what each candidate is saying. Joe Biden had a terrific evening, and so did Barack Obama. Hilary told me nothing substantial except that NOW she will talk to Iran. I think she blasted Barack for suggesting such a thing a few debates ago. Wake up people.... Hilary will keep this country in the status quo and the middle class will become part of the poor. CNN and all you othe cable guys. TELL THE TRUTH INSTEAD OF JUST GOING WITH THE FLOW.

November 16, 2007 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  3. mike, nc

No one watched and no one cares, these candidates are liberal losers

November 16, 2007 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  4. bruce k. Palo Alto, CA

WHY, oh why is it so hard to find the complete unedited, raw debated everywhere on the internet after every one of these?!

I think there needs to be a place where Americans can go to be sure to get this information, and I think that needs to be met seriously and if possible legally. Hunting around for hours does not help anyone.

November 16, 2007 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  5. John, MT

How can CNN claim to run the "Best Political Team" on TV, but have James Carville do commentary afterwards
    ? Talk about the Clinton News Network.

November 16, 2007 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  6. Vee, San Diego, CA

The biggest looser coming out of this debate is CNN thanks to Wolf Blitzer. I've watched every single presidential debate and this is BY FAR the worst.

It's the most unprofessional & unorganized to date, THANKS of course to Wolf Blitzer. A moderator is supposed to be in charge in controlling the situation in the room (how ironic is that?) and Wolf did anything BUT. Allowing audiences to boo candidates while they're answering questions, him cutting the candidates off in the middle of their answers, not to mention he couldn't even conceal his biasness & let it splashed all over the TV screen, is just plain – what's the word? – EMBARRASSING!! It's supposed to be a PRESIDENTIAL debate, Jeopardy was a much better managed program.

A presidential debate in itself with 30 seconds to 1.5 minute answers has already become A BIG JOKE! But Wolf Blitzer took it to a whole new level last night, he successfully turned a PRESIDENTIAL debate into A 7 RING CIRCUS!! Congratulation CNN!!

I've been submitting this several times what a surprised that it's not showing up. What's a matter CNN? Can only give criticism but can't handle getting one? Then you have the galls to act surprise if we call CNN: Clinton News Network.

November 16, 2007 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  7. Jeannette, Farmington, CT

I found the Nevada crowd's behavior to be downright embarasssing. How dare they boo candidates for saying that they disagree with Hilary!?! Obama and Edwards have a perfect right to disagree with her, no matter what the crowd thinks.

November 16, 2007 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  8. CC, NC

apparently you do...you took the time to add a post...

November 16, 2007 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  9. Ed Mares, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

All the candidates said they would put national security behind the rights of those individuals who would like to kill us.

Makes me feel safe, warm and fuzzy all over.

November 16, 2007 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  10. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Biden and Dodd were a surprise to me because I previously hadn't listened to them closely in their campaigns. Biden is a formidable candidate and would beat any democrat or republican in political debates. I don't think there is anyone who would forward to tangling with Biden.

November 16, 2007 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  11. Jed in Texas

Maybe they are losers Mike,but Im sure not they are not as bad as the loser you picked in the last election.It will be fun just to watch you squirm for the next five years worrying about it lol.

November 16, 2007 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  12. KEITH JAMES LOUTTIT

CC, is this something you always do? Complaining about your husband's comments won't get far with us!

November 16, 2007 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  13. D. A. Dailey, Santa Rosa, CA

I started watching it and layed down on the couch. After Obama, Clinton, and Edwards did their alleged "mudslinging", I fell asleep.

Joe Biden and Dennis K. don't get enough airtime. Wolf could have done a better job moderating to be fair to all.

November 16, 2007 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  14. Jean Denver, CO

Why does no one acknowledge the fact that Joe Biden is always the most mature and in my opion, the most clear on issues, particularily on Iraq. Last night he was the one who put a stop to the sqrabbling, that it seems to me Wolf Blitzer was trying to insite.
    Jean from Denver, Colorado

November 16, 2007 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  15. Jenn, Evergreen, CO

I watch and I care. I would much rather be hopeful about the potential of "those liberals". It's far more coherent and articulate than anything I'm hearing from the other group of candidates.

November 16, 2007 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  16. Kevin, Boxboro, MA

They duked it out!? The debate was a stage-managed waste of time. Can you please end the insufferable theater and actually get to the issues?

November 16, 2007 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  17. John, Jacksonville FL

If you call that a Democrats duke it out?" I didnt see all of the candidates receiving equal air time as CNN & Blitzer are to busy providing air time for for their prez – Hillary. Duking it out, ha! What a joke!

November 16, 2007 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  18. Susan, Ventura

The debate was terrible. Wolf didn't push for clearer answers. How many times can you accept "I have over 35 years experience." Experience at what? Washington? That's encouraging. The other choice is a man who claims he's met a UFO! And people are worried about how old the next president thinks the earth is?! We have serious problems.

November 16, 2007 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  19. Lukas Hassel, New York, NY

This country needs the Hillarey I saw at the debate. She'll bring global respect back to this great nation. My only fear is that she'll pick the bumbling, marshmellowy Richardson as her running mate. Biden should be her VP.

November 16, 2007 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  20. Bill W, Coatesville, PA

"Diamonds or Pearls?" Nooo, that wasn't another planted question, was it? Really shows that America's intelligence is just in the toilet, people are so dumb and so ignorant, and so so starstruck by Hillary Clinton that al lthey can ask her is if she likes diamonds or pearls, not about her votes for the war, to support Bush on Iran, outsourcing of jobs, or any issue of real substance. No wonder we got Bush, and we're going to end up with another loser president, because AMERICANS ARE TOO STUPID TO FIGURE IT OUT

November 16, 2007 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  21. Sean T. Abilene, TX

Nobody's talking..haha..or I would rather intelligently say..downplaying the event because reality has hit all of you smack in the jaws, face, jowls, whatever. Bama has peaked and you have nothing to whine or cheer about. Merry Christmas!!!

November 16, 2007 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  22. Cathy Olathe, KS

It is obvious that Wolf Blitzer did Clintons dirty work for her by trying to embarrass Obama. Why didnt Wolf press Hillary on her response. Obama is what we need right now. Intelligent, Genuine, and honest. Anti-Hillary thats for sure

November 16, 2007 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  23. Lucy Dubas, New Hope, PA

I don't agree w/ the post-analysis at all. I thought Hillary did well at the Phila debate and was scary in Vegas. Her response to drivers licenses for illegal aliens seemed reasonable for a complex issue in Phila. But the pundits preferred a simple one word "No" which she gave them last night. Meanwhile, Obama didn't answer the question in a sound bite so the pundits scorned him. God forbid he didn't answer a complex question with one word.

November 16, 2007 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  24. Joanna Hobbs, NM

I Don't think that was "the Nevada crowd" booing, as someone suggested ... I suspect that was Clinton implants! They couldn't plant questions so they planted People!! That was their defense for Hilary if the guys roughed her up again!!

November 16, 2007 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  25. Laura -Tulsa OK

I agree with the 1st comment ! That audience was pumped and primed and a Hillary crowd. I suggest to cnn that they separate themselves from the fray by removing the live audience next time and conducting the debate properly without the peanut gallery. Thank you.

November 16, 2007 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |