November 20th, 2007

Wrestler Ric Flair supporting Mike Huckabee

Huckabee has picked up another endorsement from a celebrity strong man.

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) – In the race for presidential endorsements, Mike Huckabee has the kitschy pop culture celebrity vote on lockdown.

First it was martial arts hero and "Walker, Texas Ranger" star Chuck Norris, who appears with Huckabee in his first TV ad.

Then hard-rocking hunting enthusiast Ted Nugent jumped on the Huckabee bandwagon, citing the Republican's support for second amendment rights.

Now, Huckabee is getting ready to rumble: wrestler Ric Flair, a.k.a. The Nature Boy, is supporting the former Arkansas governor in his bid for the White House.

CNN has learned the WWE wrestler is on board with Huckabee, and will co-host a campaign tailgate with the candidate at the South Carolina vs. Clemson football game on Saturday afternoon in Columbia, South Carolina. More details are forthcoming.

– CNN South Carolina Producer Peter Hamby

Filed under: Iowa • Mike Huckabee • South Carolina
  1. Heather, Chicago IL

Well, he's behind the game. WWE wrestlers Kane and Val Venis have already come out in their support of Ron Paul. Who's next?

November 19, 2007 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  2. COOL BOB, Raleigh, NC

All I can say is, "WHOOOOOOO!"

November 19, 2007 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  3. kuzinjethro, Western New York

Whew! Get em Natche.

November 19, 2007 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  4. george farmakis denver, co. 80249

dear gov., with all do respect, he won't help you. i know this gentleman, he is not a good person, he uses people and dumps them. i know first hand. thankyou.

November 19, 2007 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  5. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Huckabee has all the phonies on board, I see.

November 19, 2007 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  6. Chris, Loomis, Ca

I've noticed (like everyone else) that Huckabee has been rising in the polls. It seems like the media actually believes he has the opportunity to win now.

Huckabee is just a regular guy with an incredible message. I checked out:

and

and got some good info. I didn't know that Huckabee was a supporter of the fair tax...kinda cool.

November 19, 2007 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  7. Scott Alexander, Lakeland Florida

The fact that Huckabee is getting endorsements from all these pro-violence individuals (a pro fighter, a pro 2nd admendment hunter, and now a wrestler) should show that he would be the ultimate wrong choice as President. Seriously, do Chuck, the Nuge, and "The Nature Boy" really think voters are this dumb (I mean, voters that actually know right from wrong?).

November 19, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  8. Robb, New York

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! First Chuck Norris, now "The Nature Boy"! Flair's endorsement might not sway as many voters as Huckabee might like, but hey– it's not every day that you get endorsed by the sixteen time heavyweight champion of the world.
    The strange thing is that "the actor" and "the wrestler" have it right– they're endorsing the real conservative on the Republican ticket.

November 19, 2007 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  9. TideDruid

I'll be the first to perform the honors:

WOOOO!

November 19, 2007 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  10. Paul Thompson

I didn't want to say this but if we have the choice between Hillary or Huckabee, it's going to be, in reality a choice for this country between 'Christ' or the 'Anti-Chirst.' I'm glad that the Nature Boy, Ric Flair sees what I see.

Go Huck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 19, 2007 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  11. Karl, Moscow, Texas

All I can say is "Hot Dog this is sure gonna change ma vote to Huckabee yee haw. The only way I could change was if my fav NASCAR driver supported another candidate."
    (cue "King of the Hill" Music)

November 19, 2007 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  12. MG Seattle, WA

Is CNN for real? It's news that some has-beens such as Ric Flair (never heard of him) and Chuck Norris support Huckabee? I wonder why CNN hasn't reported on the fact that Barry Goldwater, Jr. has endorsed Ron Paul? It is so obvious the tricks the media pulls. I love watching it backfire. Please continue to lose all credibility... as the revolution continues without you.

RON PAUL 2008

November 19, 2007 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  13. Edward Swan, Little Rock, AR

Ric Flair is an entertaining performer and one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but Mike Huckabee might think twice before accepting the endorsement of a man who's been arrested for road rage and charged with tax evasion in recent years. Wooooooooo!

November 19, 2007 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  14. Bob Pittsburgh PA

Huckabee who???

November 19, 2007 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  15. MarkC, Morehead City NC

Glad to see Huckabee is expanding outside his natural right-wing hillbilly base into redneck gun nuts and white trash professional wrestling afficionados.

November 19, 2007 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  16. Steve, Chelsea, MI

Chuck Norris, Ted Nugent, and Ric Flair.

Has anyone *meaningful* endorsed Huckabee and not just these washed-up right-wing nutcase LOSERS?

November 19, 2007 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  17. Susan

President Huckabee it is.

November 19, 2007 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  18. Patrick, Cape May NJ

Wow, who cares?

November 19, 2007 11:27 pm at 11:27 pm |
  19. Fredrick, Las Vegas, NV

Are these the kind of endorsement that will cause Huckabee to start tanking in Iowa. I certainly hope so!

Why should an endorsement from Norris or Flair be beneficial to Huckabee? That commercial that Huckabee is running with Chuck Norris is a joke, an embarrassment, and the work of an amateur. Hopefully, he will soon his "Flavor of the Month" status, and Romney will have the comfortable lead in Iowa. He deserves it.

November 19, 2007 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  20. Andrew, Haslett, MI

Say it ain't so, Ric!

It's OK, I forgive you but only because you're the limosine-ridin' jet-flyin' son of a gun! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, but I'm still voting for Ron Paul! He's got the figure 4 on the Republican party!

November 19, 2007 11:43 pm at 11:43 pm |
  21. r.e. lowe allons, tn

hey ted nugent you might have jumped on the wrong bandwagon you say the republican's support the second amendment rights. are you sure then tell me why that the first take away gun law was the brady bill. president ronnie reagan republican administration got it the Saturday night special the republicans gun law. brady bill!

November 19, 2007 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  22. MACHOMAN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR

November 19, 2007 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  23. Goon, USA

Kitsch is right. :rolleyes:

November 19, 2007 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  24. La Chatte, Portland, OR

My, my! How could I not support Mike Huckabee when he's endorsed by such paragons of political savoir faire and intellectual depth as Nature Boy and Chuck Norris? Maybe they can inject some growth hormones into his campaign!

Give me a break!

November 20, 2007 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  25. Max, Boston, MA

Wooooooooooo!!!

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

For a wrestler, Ric Flair is surprisingly big in South Carolina politics. While I think he's endorsing a poor candidate, it's a pretty positive boost for Huckabee.

November 20, 2007 12:23 am at 12:23 am |