November 27th, 2007

Senior campaign advisors go to bat for their candidates

Top advisers for Obama and Clinton square off.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – The war of words continues to heat up between Democratic presidential rivals Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama.

In recent weeks, the two senators have sparred over issues ranging from health care plans to foreign policy experience.

Clinton’s senior campaign advisor Ann Lewis and Obama’s campaign communications director Robert Gibbs sorted through the issues Monday with CNN’s Kiran Chetry.

The two senior advisors weighed in on their candidate's chances against the top Republican presidential candidates and whether there is a possibility for a Clinton/Obama ticket.

1. Chris, Middletown, CT

Wow....when the truth(Obama) and a liar(Clinton) go head to head....will the Democrats be smart enough to see through her socialist propaganda?? stay tuned (America certainly will....we don't trust her...at all...for very good reason)

November 27, 2007 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  2. Me, Ny, NY

Here's news that CNN would never post...

November 27, 2007 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  3. Alex, Cyberville IT

You two seem like a good match. I'd like to get you two together if you're available.

November 27, 2007 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  4. Ivan, Chicago, Illinois

I am a democrat and I want to not only win the 2008 election but the 2012 election. I'm believe that Obama needs more experiance on the National Scene to be effective, otherwise he will turn out to be another Jimmy Carter.

November 27, 2007 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  5. Ivelisse

I would love both Obama and Clinton to shut up and concentrate in the messages, not in attacking each other... otherwise, they will end up like Howard Dean and Dick Gephart in 2004: both out of competition!!!!

November 27, 2007 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  6. Oliva - San Antonio - Texas

Yes I also want a democrat to win in 08. I also agree that Obama needs more experience.

November 27, 2007 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  7. Anonymous

Oh my God, that is my sentiment exactly. If Obama is elected president, he will turn out to be another Jimmy Carter

November 27, 2007 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  8. Loretta Hall Marshville, N.C. 28103

The only problem I have with Hillary and Obama is they can't seem to get along now. If they win , how are they going to get along? Both of them seem a little wishy washy on certain topics. Get on the right side of the fence and stay there. You can dooooo it.

November 27, 2007 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  9. J Houston, TX

I'm an independent and I want to win the war on terror, strengthen the economy, and ensure the productive future of our nation. What the heck are you doing, rooting for a football team?

November 27, 2007 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  10. Bill C DC

who is the hot chick?

November 28, 2007 01:29 am at 1:29 am |
  11. megha, san sntonio, tx

The followings are for Obama camp to answer:

1. Missed more votes than any other presidential candidate in Congress (80%)

2.Goes to SC and accuses some hypothetical people of telling him to not run coz he’s black and then blasts Hillary for playing the gender card. May be he should stop playing the RACE CARD!!!!

3.Blasts Hillary again on her answer on immigration and then when asked he himself dodges it and gives a convoluted answer until Dodd asks him to specify.

4.Till now preaches politics of hope and now in every single question (even on his own policy) asked to him, brings up Hillary .

5.Misses the Iran vote and then vehemently opposes her for voting in favor. May be if it was that important to you, Mr. Obama, you should have been there to vote. You should do your job of a Senator with integrity, may be then think of becoming President.

6.His wife, Michelle (whose sense of words is as bad as her sense of dress), keeps blasting the Clintons in the most belligerent voices. And now when Bill stands up for his wife, he is accusing the President.

7. Takes money from NY hedge funds but criticizes hillary for taking money from Washington lobbyists.
    Isn’t that the basis of double talk and POLITICS OF DISPAIR? Yes, CNN why don’t you highlight those stories enough? So people know this guy is hypocritical. If they're all the same, I'd rather vote for Hillary who is more experienced and smarter and has a record of getting things done, instead of a 33-month term Senator who is doing his current job so bad?

November 28, 2007 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |