November 28th, 2007

It's not just for frontrunners anymore

(CNN) - It's not just the Republican frontrunners who are attacking Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado steals a page from some of his GOP rivals at the top of the polls by taking on the senator from New York in his YouTube campaign-style video. It's an interesting tactic for a candidate at the back of the pack. Of course, it is about Tancredo's pet issue of illegal immigration.

–CNN Producer Ted Metzger

Filed under: Tom Tancredo
  1. Heather, Nashville, TN

Wow obviously she's the only one who can stick to the issues. Perhaps it's because she wants to get to the White House on her intelligence and ideas rather than on her opponents.

November 28, 2007 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  2. Johanna Yearty, Charlotte NC

I must say I am very disappointed with what I saw and heard tonight. More importantly what I did not see tonight. I watched tonight hoping to here the views of all candidates so I can make an informed decision. We have all been flooded with the views of frontrunners such as Giuliani. I was hoping that tonight we would get to know all the candidates equally. It appears to me that CNN choose to focus a large majority of time on a few candidates while others were rarely heard. I wish CNN had presented a balanced debate.

November 28, 2007 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  3. fair,washington,dc

Yea and is anybody watching the special report that followed the debate that addressed the whole negative campaign topic where one segment showed these organizations whose sole purpose for existing is to go after Hillary Clinton. All I can say is she is up against it. If she survives the primary where she's basically sheilding issues/attacks from both sides she still is going to have a major fight in the general. She's up to the task as she and Pres Clinton have showed after 16 yrs , can anybody say that about the other Candidates...no because you just don't know. Can we risk it? Oh I forgot...anybody but Hillary..so the Republicans will play nice with Obama or Edwards. Yea right.

November 29, 2007 12:34 am at 12:34 am |
  4. Teresa Pack, AUGUSTA, GA

Do you know why Jeb Bush wants to give "illegals" driver's license? Because of the one question when you get them. Do you want to register to vote? We are not stupid people. Illegal means Illegal. GET OUT and WAIT YOUR TURN. Yea, lets give them a driver's license and when you do, make sure you change all of the road signs to Spanish, because they sure can't read them. The insurance companies need to stop this nonsense.

November 29, 2007 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  5. Dan, Illinois

Go Tom! I wish more people would give Tom the credit he deserves. He is a true American who actually cares about the American people. I believe if more people were able to hear him speak and really hear his positions then people would vote for him. He is by far the best candidate in the GOP and would beat any of the Democrats in the general election. I agree with Johanna from above. I wish CNN would give equal time to all candidates. I am sick of hearing Romney,Rudy and McCain. I know their positions and I for sure won't for any of them. TANCREDO FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008!!

November 29, 2007 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  6. Steve in SC

Heather,

The only one who sticks to the issues? This is a joke right? Which Hilliary? Duff or Swank?

November 29, 2007 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  7. Kate, Aurora CO

As a democrat, I disagree with nearly every Republican candidate but when it comes to illegal immigration I find myself siding with Tancredo. This story, like so many before, passivly dimisses the issue as something insignificant or the rantings of a "racist" but illegal immigration is a very big issue. Our public schools are overcrowded, our emergency rooms are closing, our law enforcement is not permitted to do their job, our system is being taken advantage of and many or our fellow Americans are losing their jobs. We are allowing corporations to exploit human beings for larger profits. This is a very serious issue and one that will play a key part in my voting this year. I've been a loyal democrat for over 18 years but their position on illegal immigration (or lack thereof) makes it very difficult for me to support them.

November 29, 2007 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  8. tom blikno

debate format is a joke! anderson followa a great script from the other side. who flew the gay gerneral in from the left coast to ask the plant question from hillary's camp? nice job cnn.

November 29, 2007 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |