November 29th, 2007

What if you held a primary and nobody came?

Watch Bill Schneider's report about the unusual situation Democrats are facing in Florida.

(CNN) - Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider filed this report from St. Petersburg, Florida. Schneider takes a look at how the Democratic presidential primary may play out since Democratic presidential candidates have pledged not to campaign in the Sunshine State because of a violation of the Democratic National Committee's rules for setting primary dates.

Related: Clinton leads in the Sunshine State

Filed under: Poll numbers • Polls
  1. KEITH JAMES LOUTTIT

What if you had a Blog, and nobody's comments got posted?

November 29, 2007 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  2. Tim, Omaha, NE

Remember all the screaming in 2000 about disenfranchised voters in Florida? And now the candidates won't even go there?

November 30, 2007 12:55 am at 12:55 am |
  3. PAUL PROVIDENCE RI

Almost every state has changed their primary date, so what is the problem? You by pass a state because your upset or if you lose this state in November will you cry foul again? STOP being babies and act like your might want the people in Florida to vote for you. They have their RIGHTS too and if they wanted to change something, they have the right to. This shows how the demoratic party really thinks about its votes.

November 30, 2007 02:02 am at 2:02 am |
  4. Independent in IA

Who cares one way or the other. With the field being offered, there isn't a choice to be made (unless, of course, you opt to vote for who you figure will cause the least damage)so they can all stay away. That being said, Florida has to depend on the Supreme Court to tell them how they voted anyway, so it just really makes no difference.

November 30, 2007 05:37 am at 5:37 am |
  5. mark wilkes barre pa

what if you had a debate and fixed the quetions ,slipped ringers for the opposit party in to grandstand,then bashed the night to fit your own onesided agenda ?

November 30, 2007 06:06 am at 6:06 am |
  6. Ike Woodbridge , VA.

Go Hillary we love you. Right wing Republicans are purposefully proping up Barack Obama, knowing fully well that he would be an easy win for any of them if he becomes the Democratic nominee. Republicans are afraid of Hillary Clinton and that is why they are trying to tear her down before she even started. Well, the bad news for Republicans is that the tide is up against them with our current situation. Hillary will win the Democratic nomination and she will win the general election, God willing. Go Hillary, Go. We love you and we support you all the way and we pray for you all the time.

November 30, 2007 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  7. demwit

That's GREAT! Now CNN can hold a YouTube/Democratic debate in Florida and only invite Republicans..

November 30, 2007 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  8. Jonathan, Holiday, FL

I am a Floridian and an very dispointed by my state representatives for breaking the DNC rules. I suspect that this was the republican representative majority's idea. Despite the fact that I am being reminded all the time that my vote doesn't count or matter I WILL be there on Election Day.

All of this really is a same considering the importance of winning Florida. Also, Florida tends to be representative of the nation as a whole. After all, very few Floridians are actually from Florida.

November 30, 2007 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  9. PHYLLIS MASTERHOUSE

This is for Bill Schneider...............................

Mr. Schneider everytime I watch you I see such a strong family

resemblence to our family. My grandparents were Schneider's

they came to this country in l9l0 from Austria and became citizen's.

They lived in New Jersey and I know that we had relatives in Mass.

Texas, Cal. and Fla. No, I'm not some kind of nut or stalker, just an

ordinary retired registered dental assistant and when CNN comes on

I keep saying to my husband, I can't believe how much he looks like

my Uncle Pete. (my mother's brother) She had a cousin Bill Schneider

also in N.J. Perhaps it's coincidence but the likeness is overwhelming.

If you had family in any of these areas I would love to know. I am not

invading your privacy but curiosity has gotten the best of me. Thank You

for taking the time to read this, if you did........Phyllis Masterhouse
    at: jmast@patmedia.net