December 10th, 2007

Poll: Huckabee surges nationally, Obama closes in on Clinton

Huckabee's surge has gone national, according to a new CNN poll.

(CNN) - Less than a month before the Iowa cacuses, a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll shows that the two national frontrunners - Rudy Giuliani and Hillary Clinton– are losing ground.

Watch Bill Schneider's report about how Mike Huckabee is now in a virtual tie with Giuliani and how Barack Obama has cut into Hillary Clinton's lead in national polls.

1. Dale Davis, Glendora, California

MIKE HUCKABEE=JIMMY CARTER
    (A new country bumpkin from the South, who has lots of down home appeal, but in the end will be a down right disappoinment.) Think twice America!!!
    The Clinton Camp would love to run against Huck, instead of Mitt or Rudy.
    It's a sure bet that a simpleton with a degree in Bible studies from Oachita Baptist Collge would look like another Jimmy Carter buffoon in the long run, within the D.C. beltway. They will eat him for lunch, just like Jimmy Carter. You still need to consider the fact that someone like Mitt has not only 2 degrees from both Harvard and BYU, but had also received top honors. His leadership in business goes without question. Wouldn't that be a plus, if, heaven forbid, we are caught in an economic tailspin in the coming years. Our country will need someone with God-given intellegence and organizational skills. Just take a long look at his stellar speech he gave last week in Texas. And unlike JFK, who had someone else write it, Romney wrote his speech himself. It revealed his human soul and passion for this country. It was very Reaganesque. Elitists don't do that. Even his critics admitted that it was good.
    Please America, you can't possibly think you would want to vote for someone who allows the children of illegal aliens to have their college tuition paid for at all of your local and state colleges across this great land that YOU paid for in taxes can you? And the rapist pardon issue? We won't even go there.
    THINK LONG AND HARD AMERICA!!!!

December 11, 2007 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  2. Ginny, Byron, CA

Wow, is CNN biased or what? Why do they say that Huckabee is now in a virtual tie with Giuliani and Barack Obama has cut into Hillary Clinton's lead in national polls. How about, Huckabee and Guiliani tied; Clinton still holds lead over Obama? (I doubt this will be posted. The others I've written that are critical of CNN's biased reporting have not made it onto this site.)

December 11, 2007 01:29 am at 1:29 am |
  3. Daniel, Richmond, VA

Go Barack!

December 11, 2007 02:35 am at 2:35 am |
  4. EE

if these elections were two months away sure this Obama man would certainly beat Mrs Clinton hands down

December 11, 2007 04:48 am at 4:48 am |
  5. Moose, Anchorage, Alaska

The CBS/New York Tims poll of the same day of CNN's poll shows that Hillary is ahead of Obama by 17 points (44 vs 27).

December 11, 2007 05:36 am at 5:36 am |
  6. Ginny, Byron, CA

Thanks, Moose, for trying to keep CNN "fair and balanced". Hillary is leading Obama in all state and national polls but CNN fails to report that and implies that Obama is surging ahead. Can't wait for the Obama/Oprah backlash.

December 11, 2007 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  7. AJ, IL

Obama is surging on his own merit and character. Clinton is mostly riding on the coat tails of Bill Clinton. One poll pecked that 25% of support for Hillary is because of Bill. Recently Hillary and Bill statements regarding foreign policy, social security and immigration have total opposites of each other which means Hillary would be no Bill Clinton in the White House.

I have long predicted that Huckabee would be a GOP contender back in July 2007, regardless of poll results. The most amazing thing is that Huckabee has spent a fraction of the other top 3 or 4 GOP candidates and is either leading or tied in state polls/national polls.

Huckabee's the Republican version of the Comeback Kid. (A title bestowed upon Bill Clinton in 1992-1193).

Obama in '08!

December 11, 2007 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  8. Fair,Washington DC

Yes I am voting for Hillary and yes the fact the former President Clinton is part of the package does influence my vote. I think its so funny that people on here are acting like this is a bad thing. I have watched Hillary Clinton by Pres Clintons side and out on her own. She has gained my trust by watching her over the last 16 years. Whats my alternative, Barack Obama. I DON'T KNOW HIM...and I am not going to vote first and get to know him later when I have a perfectly competent candidate that I am familiar with. Thats just dumb. I've said on here before I don't dislike Obama, but I don't like his arrogance and selfishness by putting his desire to be President over the Democratic party. What we had was a strong candidate that we were behind solidly and what we have now is a splintered party that I'm not sure can be fixed no matter who wins in the primary. Hillary is going to lose votes because there will be African American voters that will cry racial conspiracy and won't vote( I am African American and I know this will happen) and Obama will lose Hillary supporters who are not gonna cast a vote for him because of the way he came in and hijacked the primary. Say what you want there are a lot of folk that have been waiting for Hillary to run and were very excited about it and if you think if Obamma wins the primary they are just gonna jump on his support wagon you are dreaming. So where does that leave us ...Rep08. Dire , but if I'm right ...true.

December 12, 2007 12:34 am at 12:34 am |