December 29th, 2007

Scenes from the trail: Clinton works the rope line

ALT TEXT
In the last weekend before the Iowa Caucuses, Hillary Clinton greets potential supporters in Eldridge. (Photo Credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. E, Layton UT, Freiburg Germany

Check out the Obama Campaign's updated website – barackobama.com. Read through the plans found on the Issues menu link on the homepage – then view a handful of the videos on "BarackTV" (link on the right on the homepage). Then, if you're still a die hard Hillary fan, you're entitled to that right. As for me, being a "conservative, it's not cool to cry" sort of guy, I get choked up with his message of Hope, Change and **Working Together**. But more importantly, he motivates me to serve my country, to get off my lazy backside and to help out our society!

I've read the issues for all the different candidates and have been following these Primaries for quite a while now...

Oh, and I'm one of those Republicans that would "attack the Democrats"... Obama is for "The People", the "United States", not the "Splintered States". I'm sorry, as smart as Hillary is, she will cause an awful lot of hate in our country – out with the old and in with the new! It's time to move out of nostalgia, think out of the box and get our country moving again!

Check out the website!

December 29, 2007 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  2. hey allons,tn

hey go hillery the best for america

December 29, 2007 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  3. Kim, Sacramento, CA

Why is a picture of Hillary working a rope line a story? If this is the case then CNN should have had "stories" about Barack Obama almost everyday of the campaign since he announced. To contrast their styles – When Barack was in Sacramento the vehicle he was in had barely come to a stop when he hopped out and came to shake hands and greet the media. When HRC was in Sacramento she refused to talk to the media and refused to come outside from her $2,500 per person fundraiser to shake hands with onlookers. I do not want a President who thinks that they are better than everyone else – I do want a President who is real and can identify with the average person and represent them well. That person is Barack Obama.

Further, I want a candidate of substance and a candidate who stands firm on what they say and do – they don't change with the wind and flip flop around more than a freshly caught fish. Again, Barack Obama fills the bill here.

I want a candidate who can bring people together – who has the ability to talk to Republicans and Democrats, pull their ideas together and reach an agreement that has the greatest benefit for the most. This would, again, be Barack Obama.

December 29, 2007 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  4. Let the Leaders Lead, Arcadia, Iowa

Hillary will soon have enough rope to do the deed. She continues to lose favor in Iowa, I am sure she is strong in other states. New York will not go for her, they know her too well. Who ever thought that the carpet baggers were a thing of the past has not followed her career. How is the Hilly Copter to all 99 counties going, oh just another broken promise. She will continue to do a good job as the US Senator from New York.

December 29, 2007 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  5. Maria

No guessing with Hillary. She is smart, hard working and experienced.
    You go girl!!!!

December 29, 2007 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  6. Leslie Somerville, Seattle, Washington

Barack Obama is not qualified to take over the deluge of Commander and Chief—he is young, inexperienced, and in some of his remarks it shows greatly. The President of the United States can’t be some cuddly, emotional, touchy feely Gumby doll. What’s required is experience and more experience, international influences, and a steady hand and firm conviction and love for this country-HILLARY CLINTON CAN DO IT!!!! I think that the citizens who write terrible ignorant articles about Hillary, think of her with Bill Clinton (Hillary and Bill, Hillary and Bill-stupid) Hillary Clinton is a woman on her own-fierce and convicted. She is the only one that can save us from the Bush horrors.

December 29, 2007 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  7. MAH

I donot vote for Hillary after seeing so many faces of her for teh last six years. Starting from teh Iraq war and tax issues, she changed hoer positions so many times, and in some cases even every day...

December 29, 2007 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  8. Dorian, Brentwood, Ca

Hillary is the best of the best!! Intelligent, experienced, hard-working, sincere, and a real force to reckon with. She can get the job done! I'll proudly cast my vote for her.
    HILLARY '08!

December 29, 2007 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  9. Max

Hillary is a beautiful person but it is not her time.

Go Obama

December 29, 2007 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  10. Bill C

Yeah, I'm not so sure about Hillary or Obama. They had both recieve so much attention for months and months in early 2007 just becuase they were black or a woman. I hope that the people who are not into politics can look past the flashy smoke screen they have been seeing and vote for the candidates that really about change. John Edwards or Ron Paul would get my vote.

December 29, 2007 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  11. Micky J

What's the point in "experience" if you get the decisions wrong?

Hillary was wrong about the war. Obama got it right.

Obama is ready.

Go Obama!!!

December 29, 2007 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  12. Dan, Minneapolis, MN

Change, change, change , change. What is do you mean by the word change? I have heard this before from many people. But nothing has changed. The sixties youth movement believed in change. Feminists believed in change, Sexual revolution believed in change. But what has all this clamor for change gotten the American scene but George Bush, Dick Cheney, Rove, and the neo-cons who prophesied a new world order based on American imperialism!

December 29, 2007 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  13. Kelli, IOWA

Obama didn't get it right – HE WASN'T A SENATOR WHEN THEY VOTED FOR THE WAR! Those who DID vote for the war did so with FALSE intelligence from the Bush administration! Hello!!

And why is it you Uh-Obama backers make it sound like Senator Clinton was the ONLY one to vote FOR the war? It took a MAJORITY VOTE, people!

It's really easy to look back on something that happened, and say, "Oh I knew that was a bad idea." Yeah right – and I knew that Katrina would wipe out New Orleans sooner or later. Give it a rest already!

And Uh-Obama has been such a "wonderful" Senator hasn't he – how many times has he either missed votes or voted "present"? NOT leadership in anyone's book I'm afraid. And how many times did he have to run for his first political office before winning...three, four, five times?? He's a real winner all right! NOT!

Senator Clinton has earned her place in the White House...and she will win in 2008!!!

December 30, 2007 12:26 am at 12:26 am |
  14. Joe Ossai, Bedford, NH

Fired up, ready to go.

Obama 08

December 30, 2007 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  15. Kat, PA

I am hoping Hillary will get the nomination! She will make a great President. She is a proven leader and a fine person. Her resolve and her love for the people of America is unmatched by any other canidate.

Go Hillary!!!

Please, tell me how she has proven herself a leader? You mean when she messed up the health care deal in 1993? Or do you mean when she "stood by her man"? Oh wait, maybe you meant when she lied to everyone about the illegal fundraising she and Bill have done? Oh wait...I have so many of these it is hard to know when to stop. And as far as her "love for the people!!!?????!!!????" WTH? She loves one person – herself. Her resolve is to become president, not to help her fellow Americans. Stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking & vote for someone that can actually lead ALL of America – Obama or McCain!

December 30, 2007 12:57 am at 12:57 am |
  16. Margarita, Los Angeles

WHEN BUBBA WAS IN OFFICE. I COULD PAY MY BILLS AND HAVE MONEY LEFT OVER. I COULD TAKE NICE VACATIONS AND PUT MONEY IN MY MUTUAL FUNDS. LIFE WAS GOOD. GAS AND FOOD WERE AFFORDABLE AND I OWNED 2 HOMES.
    THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK LIFE IS GOOD NOW ARE IN DENIAL…
    AND IF YOU THINK THAT NINCAMPOP THAT SAY S "MICHELLE WON'T LET ME RUN" IS A GOOD CHOICE PLEASE NOTE THAT HE MISSED 130 IN THE TIME HE HAS BEEN IN OFFICE. BESIDES WE DON'T WANT MICHELLE PUTTING HIM ON TIME OUT FOR MIS-BEHAVING. IF SHE MAKES HIM SIT IN THE CORNER WHO'S GONNA RUN THE COUNTRY, OPRAH?

I WANT BUBBA AND THE SNOW QUEEN BACK… LIFE WAS GOOD.

December 30, 2007 02:01 am at 2:01 am |
  17. tina, ny, ny

I am sick of hearing that Hillary's vote lead to iraq war. Obama supporter are so DUMB that they don't know

* OBAMA NEVER VOTED FOR THE WAR. I was against the war however there was false information provided..weapons of mass destruction. SO OBAMA stop barking.

*Obama hardly ever votes so that he can make stories later on....what a loser.

His supporters are even bigger losers because they can't even see what a slime ball Obama is.

anyone but no Obama

December 30, 2007 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  18. J. McKinney SW MO

***Bob says:
    "If you want to put up a powerful image, how about one of Barack Obama in front of 28,000 admirers in South Carolina?! That is powerful."

But we aren't voting for Oprah, are we, Bob? Altho Obama doesn't have much more experience than her.

We definately do need Hillary, and I am hoping and praying she will be our next President. HILLARY '08

December 30, 2007 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  19. Daniel, Iowa

Re: Margarita, Los Angeles

Interesting how this person defines the good life as a fat pocket and full belly. People liek your are so sickeningly selfish and will never have the compassion to buy into a politics based on freedom and good for ALL not just the FEW. You make me sick. Go vote for your Bubba, you deserve him.

I'll vote Obama or Edwards and hope for a better world for all of us, not just you. Sicko.

December 30, 2007 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  20. Janice Goodheart

Dear Kelli, IOWA

You need to check your facts. Obama OPPOSED the war. Whether or not he was an incumbent Senator is immaterial. He was against it, and Hillary was for it.

How dare she bang on about "experience"! She's a phoney who'll lead us into a new war in Iran.

My brother DIED IN IRAQ. How DARE YOU not see this ERROR.

I hate this mentality. Grow up beyond your precious football team support of Hillary.

Obama 08

God Bless

December 30, 2007 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  21. Janel, St. Paul, MN

My question: Is SHE taking questions??

January 1, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |