January 2nd, 2008

Another Giuliani spot points to terror threat

(CNN) - Republican Rudy Giuliani announced a new ad Wednesday that highlights security threats facing the United States - one of several new television spots from his campaign that focus on the risk of terror attacks.

“An enemy without borders. Hate without boundaries. A people perverted. A religion betrayed," says the announcer in the 30-second spot. "A nuclear power in chaos. Madmen bent on creating it. Leaders assassinated. Democracy attacked. And Osama bin Laden still making threats. In a world where the next crisis is a moment away… America needs a leader who’s ready.”

The ad will run on cable nationally and in the key primary states of New Hampshire and Florida.

–CNN's Rebecca Sinderbrand

Filed under: Rudy Giuliani
  1. Emily

giuliani uses 911 to show his strength in times of tragedy and urgency, which shows his ability as a leader disregarding politics completely. Though the ads are excessive, they show an important message that he can handle urgent/unexpected situations. This is what he considers to be an important factor in his campaign, which is why it is brought up so much, and its an important quality that goes above party lines..

January 3, 2008 02:07 am at 2:07 am |
  2. Sam IA

I Love this constant harping by the hate radio crowd that Clinton somehow caused 911. He was awake on his watch and had Osama not decided at the last minute to go to Kabul instead of his camp he would have been pushing up daisies. Someone was asleep at the switch pre911 but it wasn't Clinton.
    Hate without boundaries, people perverted,a religion betrayed? Hmm. I thought he was talking about Falwell and Robertson there for a minute.

January 3, 2008 04:18 am at 4:18 am |
  3. Steve

" A people perverted". What? Give me a break Rudy. When I see this I have to be much more local about this and see someone like yourself fit this profile.

January 3, 2008 05:13 am at 5:13 am |
  4. RedSea Foreign National

To FAIR TAX in LA, Do you realize how many people want you and your family dead, around the world and in our own country? Ever ask yourself why? Ron Paul has the answers, list to the advise of all the other comments! Ever visit Ron Paul's website or any of his speeches?

January 3, 2008 06:27 am at 6:27 am |
  5. Anonymous

Rudy is a joke. A has been two bit mayor and not a good one at that. couldnt even supply reliable radios for your fire men and emt's. Ron Paul has my vote. I have better things to do than live in fear of some "AL-C.I.A-DUH" blowing me up. That is the biggest joke. Im no fool. Our CIA are the real threat and IRS extorting money out of us. What a sham. PeacE to you all. Wake up to the truth and let it set you free. Gotta love blackmail. Rudy you disgust me.

January 3, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |