January 4th, 2008

Clinton: I have enough time

ALT TEXT

At her first stop in Nashua, New Hampshire, after a third-place showing in Iowa, Hillary Clinton expressed confidence in Tuesday's upcoming primary, five days away: "It's a short period of time, but it's enough time." (Photo Credit: CNN's Mike Roselli).

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Sharon

I'm still waiting for all this "change" Obama promises. He sounds just like everyone else. The only truly audaciously hopeful thing anybody has said this entire time was "let's give driver's licenses to illegal aliens." I teach the children of illegals all day. We tell them they must go to school. They must graduate. Then they do it and we tell them, "No documentation for you. Nothing. No SSN, no DL, no nothing. Here's your job as a waiter."
    Did Obama celebrate a truly audacious idea? No! He took advantage of its unpopularity just like the slick politico that he is.
    Nothing New Here.

January 5, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  2. Sharon

Bill Clinton got it absolutely right when he said a vote for Obama is a "roll of the dice." What do we really know about this guy? What has he accomplished for America? Just 3 years ago he was sitting in the Illinois state legislature. How impressive. Have people forgotten how GREAT the economy was in the Clinton years? Have they forgotten how hard Hillary fought the establishment to get universal health care? She didn't have the power to get the job done then, but she will this time. Plus, the whole country is screaming for this now and her election will be a virtual mandate to fix the system. The media is so openly prejudiced in favor of Obama that it is infuriating to watch! Don't get me wrong, I'd take Obama over any Repub in the race–especially the bible-thumpers–but Hillary is the real deal. And don't forget, for the first time in history we have the chance to not only have a woman President but a very successful ex-President for a First Laddie in the bargain! Two fer one! What could be better than that? Nothing could be more important than this election this year. That's why the turnout in Iowa was so great. Don't screw this up, America. There is plenty of time for Obama to be President. But this time, we can't afford a trainee.

January 5, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  3. Angela, Miami , FL

I like Obama, but i prefer not to gamble with him, he talks nice,but anyone can make up inspirational speeches to win some young people.

We have a country that is so in bad shape at home and internationally, that we need someone like Hillary and Bill to make it what was before in 90's.

Risk this election and you can be in worse shape then with Bush.

Good luck Hillary, dynasty or not i don't care you have my vote!

January 5, 2008 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  4. MICHELLE CHICAGO, IL

What is change?

Can some one please tell me what BaracK Obama has done for IL? I have been living there all of my life and I just recently heard of him since he has been running, and not because he has changed anything! I live in west chicago and every day a new store is being closed, how can I keep a job? Please tell me how this is a change, is the American people trying to say just because the projects was once my home I don't deserve a job that will pay me so that I don't have to be on welfare. I am not about to say that anyone is wrong for who you vote for the only thing I am say is watch out for who you vote for. Any way it goes we as a country are still going to have to get our hands dirty by cleaning up the states and if Barack Obama can't even focus on the state of IL how will he clean up what's going on in the white house. Please just take a look at the chicago sun times. You will then see just how much Barack Obama has not done for IL. As much as I would like to believe I just don't because I am living in Chicago and I know how that is going, as a matter of fact big corp like target and walmart won't even open stores up on the west side of chicago. Please tell me why!

January 5, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  5. Amadu

i believe hillary is the oly candidates to win this election from the democrats

January 5, 2008 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  6. JUAN TELLO

HILLARY CLINTON
    HAVE 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN POLITICAL SCIENCES
    IS THE BEST TEACHER TO TEACH
    BARACK OMABA HOW TO BE A GOOD VICE-PRESIDENT...
    SHE WAS 2 TIMES WITH BILL CLINTON..
    IT'S TO SAD THAT GEORGE BUSH, DON'T TEACH CONDOLESSA RICE TO BE CANDIDATE TO BE RUNNING AGAINST BARACK OMABA IN THIS ELECTIONS?

January 6, 2008 05:35 am at 5:35 am |
  7. Andre Smith

I am an African American and sometimes I feel people only like Barack Obama because he is black. People don't have a good reason to vote for him. He has no experience and just uses celebrity endorsements to get himself into the White House from Oprah. I am a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Her Health Care plans and Plans to get America out of Iraq are excellent. In last nights debate, I found Barack Obama very rude when he told Hillary that she was liked enough. I don't remember anything he said last night because he didn't really get on the issues. He is just trying to use his Iowa momentum to a road to the White House. Overall, these are my rankings of the debate candidates for both parties.

Democratic Rankings of the N.H. debate
    1. Hillary Clinton- she exposed the truth and got on her opponents and handled everything Edwards tried to put out.
    2. John Edwards- he just rambled on but got some key points out that needed to be stated.
    3. Barack Obama- he never really got any key points and wasn't rememerable
    4. Bill Richardson- didn't say anything crucial to make a difference and in my opinion, shouldn't have even been at the debate

Republican Rankings of the N.H. debate
    1. John McCain- he really boosted his momentum with his debate performance, but didn't really spend a lot of time on the issues but just attacking Romney
    2. Mitt Romeny- what else could he do but defend himself if everyone else on stage was attacking him. he tried to fight back but kind of stood his ground.
    3.Rudy Giuliani & Mike Huckabee- they both just thrived on what was said by McCain. I dont believe they really spoke on their own but just backed up McCain.
    4.Ron Paul- don't remember anything at all about what he said.

January 6, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  8. Frank

Did you see the fighter in Hillary ,when Edward and Omaba tryed to accuse her of attacking them. Their running scared becase the Truth does hurt. Talk is cheap Hillary has the experience and the fight in her to make the only true change. GO HILLARY.

January 6, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  9. Bill W - PA

Everybody wants to keep yakking about how great the economy was under Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton was not responsible for the great economy. It was handed to him by 12 years of Republicans who went before him, the policy of which was created and set by Ronald Reagan. When Ronald Reagan took over, the country had been mishandled by Jimmy Carter before him, and we almost had a recession. Remember Jimmy Carter? Oil was also high then, and we had high inflation then, and all the same stuff we had now. It was Ronald Reagan took over the failing economy, built it up, then passed it on to twit's father, who also managed not to screw it up, and the Republicans handed it to Bill Clinton. So give credit where its due. Clinton, like his wife, was born on third base. He never hit a triple.

January 6, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  10. john winner

Supported by Australian media fascist Rupert Murdoch, Clinton is clearly a 'Republican democrat – under her presidency, expect nothing to change. With innocent people and American troops dying daily in Iraq, the question whether we will have a 'woman president', which Clinton feels is so important, is just about irrelevant. 35 years experience? – that was the 20th Century – this is the 21st – she's out of date.

January 7, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |