January 4th, 2008

Clinton: I have enough time

ALT TEXT

At her first stop in Nashua, New Hampshire, after a third-place showing in Iowa, Hillary Clinton expressed confidence in Tuesday's upcoming primary, five days away: "It's a short period of time, but it's enough time." (Photo Credit: CNN's Mike Roselli).

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Boomer in So Cal

I'm an Independent voter, and so is my husband, and so is his mother, and we are ALL voting for Hillary in the California primary on Feb. 5th. Hillary definitely appeals to Independent voters, at least here in CA. I also know of many women in the 40 and above age range who plan to vote for her (in CA and other states). I think Hillary will clean up among Independents and women, especially in the Super Tuesday states–where more delegates are at stake.

January 4, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  2. matt

for the last 20 years, there have been olny 2 families in the white house, bush and clinton. should clinton win in 08, then we will go 24, and possibly 28 years with the same 2 families in the white house. that desnt sound much like a democracy.

January 4, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  3. Nazir Patel

It would be a huge mistake to send a Republican in charge of the White House after what the Republican administration has done to the economy.
    A trillion dollar debt facing every American. The Clintons are like it or not the best bet to change around the economy for the better. Even if they are not desired by Americans their vote should go to whosoever is the Democratic Party's nomination. Our Canadian dollar has been doing quite well. Even India is now not accepting dollars from visitors. The mighty dollar has fallen badly. Recession fears were raised today. Keep things in perspective please.

January 4, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  4. George Smith

You are so right Louise, Maybe later for Obama, just not now, he needs more experience. Hillary the answer for now!!

January 4, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  5. Christine Atlanta, Ga.

I am one of those "baby boomers". I don't like Obama's arrogance about such a huge part of the US population. I pay enormous amounts of money in taxes, and with Obama saying he will take the 'cap' off the FICA (social security) payments,
    I am looking at an additional 6 or 7 thousand dollars a year just on that one tax.
    It is the middle class (me) that is getting bled to death.
    I suspect Obama will try to cut out Social Security all together.
    Hillary has said as long as she is President that will never happen. And considering she is also a Boomer, I believe her.
    All those college students Obama bused in from Illinois, don't care about families,
    taxes and paying bills, their looking for 'new' and 'hope.
    I want results.

January 4, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  6. Harold

Hillary, your speech to rev up your supporters for the upcoming New Hampshire primary, was a excellent display of shock and concern finishing third last night. Didn't even come close to Barack Obama's victory speech which generated the most public enthusiasm I ever seen in politics. Please save your contributors money and begin to line up and support the Obama campaign.

January 4, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  7. Trevor G

if anyone can do it, Hillary can, the Clinton's are comebacks, and it's Iowa, not to say it's not important, because i believe every state primary/caucus is important, but she'll win. I respect Obama, and wouldnt have a problem voting for him. He's a great guy, but I think when it's all on the line, Hillary Clinton would be the most responsible, and successful president out of all the candidates, due to her experience. (i would also like to say, those of her opponenets who argue she isn't ready for the presidency beacause she doesn't have any experience runing anything let alone a country *cough*Edwards Fans*cough* I believe she was the closest one to White House, she did live there for 8 years, and i'm sure sometime during those 8 years, even Bill asked for her expert advice.)

January 4, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  8. Steve T.

I usually vote republican but I would have no problem voting for Obama. I would never vote for Hillary she can't be trusted. She talks from both sides of her mouth depending which way the wind is blowing.

January 4, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  9. liz

I respect Hillary I know that she is battle tested and has the tenacious spirit of a strong competent women . I believe she can clean up the mess of the last 8 year, after all women have years of experience cleaning up messes. They told her she could never win in New York and she never gave them a second thought. She knows how to get up after taking a punch and win. That is the strength of spirit I want as president. I am voting for her in NH because I believe she has proven that she has what it takes to lead us as a nation. I remember telling my daughter that she could be president, Hillary lets me know that my unproven optimism was on target. Thank you Hillary, it is your and our time to truly come into our own.

January 4, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  10. John Cummings, Springboro, OH

I read through these posts and wonder why all the Hillary-bashing. She's just as talented, just as smart and just as much of a problem-solver as any Democratic candidate.
    While I agree she needs some message-tweaking and she could open up a bit more, I believe she is best-prepared to tackle the mess that GWB will leave behind. When that day of departure comes, it will take someone with established connections in the world and a real understanding of how things work in the executive branch to make that change happen faster. Hillary has that knowledge – something the others absolutely do not.
    What's more, she has already proven herself to be an advocate for kids' issues, and she has worked across the aisle with Republicans to help our military.
    Some of you seem to think she's looking backward. I don't. I believe she will take all of the great things about that time – which includes the greatest peace-time economic expansion this country has seen – and move them forward.
    While I will vote for the eventual Democratic nominee, my candidate this cycle will always be Hillary Clinton.

January 4, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  11. MARZELL PLYMOUTH, MN

FOR ALL YOU DEM HILL HATERS READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
    IF IT WAS NOT FOR BILL&HILL US DEMS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE A BLACK PERSON RUN FOR THE WHITE HOUSE! UNLESS YOU ARE AN AL OR JESSE! WHY DO YOU THINK THE MEDIA LOVE OBAMA SO MUCH? THINK BACK BEFORE BUSH TOOK US TO WAR IN IRAQ THE MEDIA LOVED IT! THEY DID NOT LOOK AT THE REAL FACTS. BUT "CNN DID"! THEN THINK WHAT HAPPEN AFTER WE WANT TO WAR! SO WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS DONT BITE THE HANDS THAT FEED ARE PARTY AND THAT HAVE BROUGHT REAL CHANGE!

January 4, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  12. CHARLIE from kingston ny

just a few words to the great state of N.h.

this tuesday is the day you will see our new york senator kick butt.

she is not just a women she is hillary clinton the choice for change.

And she has changed new york for the better not the worst she has gave us jobs and supported us after 9/11 .So please help take her home to the white house.
    Were she can realy start makeing bigger changes in the greatest country in the world it all starts with one person willing to fight .She is the fighter we need in our corner of the world. best wishes hillary and NH.

January 4, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  13. Kat, PA

Am I the only one who is noticing that most of the Hillary supporters really just want Bill back in office. Hello, Hillary will be President, not Bill!!! You think that she is really going to let him help her at all?!? He is just a tool that she is using to get elected. She will send him away, she doesn't want him putting his nose in her decisions.

PS – I also don't get what is really exciting about having him back in office either!

January 4, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  14. Sam, PA

Hillary needs to focus more on getting votes from young people and most importantly, the undecided voters in NH. I believe she is more electable than Obama. The party should be mindful of all those Republicant who come to the Democratic caucus to support the candidate they feel they can defeat in the November presidential elections.

January 4, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  15. Craig S

Hillary is the best candidate period. Come on people face the facts. She is the only one who can get America back in line. We need universal health care and get the Iraq matter dealt with.

January 4, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  16. Jennifer B

I was precitn captin in my town for Hillary. I am from iowa and i did nto like the caucus. One reason they did not chekc ids or information on peopel that were not registered. SOme people I knwo for fact lived in other towns or were from Illinois that showed up to our site. Our county was won By Hillary. I know Obamas peopel had their staff register to vote wich is not fiar since they were form out of state. Also there was one kid there we found out later was 15. They should have checked Id or current address. Even my doctor who lives in out side of town and not in my precint was at ours precint. Also a old friend we ran into her roomate was worker for obama and they went out of town to vote when they shoudl have beeen in town. They were told to go wehre they were needed. No one seeemed to care when we reported this . I think Iowa needs to stop the caucus. I love Iowa but they need to check ID and not just let anyone register. All we had to do was sign our drivers id number last 4 digits of ssi number and address.

January 4, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  17. Kim

Everyone needs to relax, including mainstream media. Hillary Clinton will win the nomination. No one expected her to win Iowa and probably not New Hampshire, but look out after that.

January 4, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  18. Tom Dedham, Mass

She lost across every Demographic across the board with the exception being 65 year old women.

She is saying that she was always the underdog here and did not "expect to win in Iowa", more lies and distortions.

This was supposed to be the beginning of her coronation and since she lost in Iowa, she is now undermining their people.

Kiss their tails for about a year and when they vote against you, mock the people and their track record.

Typical Hillarity.

January 4, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  19. Nando

I don,t think she has enough time , I was just watching the Democratic Dinner Party on Cspan In NH, AND based on what I just saw she Just Lost NH. Barak just brought down the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  20. Juanita Missouri kennett

I'm hopeing that the N.H. citizens think long and hard before they make a big misstake , like the 1st state .Yes Hillary is tuff she needs to be , if she is going to run the afaires of America. There have been women rulers before ,so i say you want change ,than lets change sexes . Hillary is the one to vote for . So come on America lets get our frist women Presdent .

January 4, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  21. Joyce Allen

I went to school with a "Hillary", her name was Qwen and she was always copying off other people's papers and tattiling on who ever else she saw copying. Then after she succeeded in getting everyone to hate her, she'd complain because nobody liked her. In fact everybody grew to despise her.

It is hard to want to follow someone who has a low sense of self. Just because Hillary was willing to sink so low and stay married to a sleaze does not mean everyone else wants to keep looking at them.

I do not doubt she believes in 'Change', especially since her husband also believed in 'Change'. (Yes, President Clinton, changed the "Oval' Office, into the "Oral" Office). Now she stands there beside him, hoping everyone would think so bad of "him", maybe now, everybody will 'Change' and everyone will like "her", and perhaps elect "her" next.

I might pity Hillary, but I will not vote for a "her". As with Qwen, I just wish she would go away and leave America alone.

January 4, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  22. phyllis

I think people are just tired of the Bushes and the Clintons period. She talks about change after hearing Barack start talking about change. They have had there stay in the White House and we need somone who has new ideas how to bring people together. I hope Obama sweeps thru every state and wins. GO OBAMA.

January 4, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  23. sago330

Yeah,yeah,yeah. If hillary had won the Iowa caucus all you hillary people would be shouting "see, I told ya. She won. That means she will be president". But since she lost you cover it up with a lot of hogwash as to why her loss doesn't mean a thing.

January 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  24. Christian, Tampa FL

Clinton does not have the time to recover from her wounds. She never recovered from her downward slide, obviously considering last night, and that is due to a fundamental flaw in her campaign: She is the most status quo candidate of any presidential candidate of either party, and yet she is promoting "change."

Obama's win and his victory speech were both stunning. In conjunction with his war chest, which matches Hillary's, it is obvious that the Illinois Senator is the one with the Big Mo and the ability to attract a tripartisan group: Democrats, Independents, and even some Republicans.

January 4, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |