January 4th, 2008

Clinton: I have enough time

ALT TEXT

At her first stop in Nashua, New Hampshire, after a third-place showing in Iowa, Hillary Clinton expressed confidence in Tuesday's upcoming primary, five days away: "It's a short period of time, but it's enough time." (Photo Credit: CNN's Mike Roselli).

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Goody Eugene, OR

Hillary's going to lose some battles, but will win the war!

January 5, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  2. Annie

Anne Westchester NY
    MJ Westport CT
    My uncle, a heart surgeon for 35 years has been married to my aunt for 42 years and they are very close.
    My question is: Would any of you Hillary Clinton fans let my aunt operate on your heart? That makes about as much sense as Hillary having experience just because Bill Clinton was president for eight years? My aunt went to AMA functions with my uncle and she says she was his confidant during stressful times in his career as a heart surgeon. She even read a lot of his medical books.

Or, maybe Hillary supporters would let my friend handle a case for you just because her husband is a lawyer and she typed legal documents for him when she worked as a legal secretary.

If so, please sign up to let my neighbor pull your teeth and do dental surgery on you or a member of your family because she was a dental assistant to her dentist husband early in their marriage.
    ___
    To M.J., Makes good sense to me. I am waiting for Laura Bush to jump into the race with all her years of experience as wife of a president and governor; and let's not forget the experience she gathered as daughter-in-law of a vice president and president. Much more qualified than Lady Macbeth; and she is a much nicer person.

Why stop there, maybe we can get Roger Clemens wife to come out and pitch next year because she was a witness to his pitching career.

Hillary Clinton has higher negatives than positives. Also, if you want true experience, why not go for Joe Biden, Richardson, or Dodd. How about someone who has real first-hand experience as a participant; not second-hand experience as a witness to history?
    __MAKES GOOD SENSE TO ME. TOO!!

January 5, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  3. Brad, Stockton, CA

Hillary's chances were hurt because older women and younger working class women couldn't make it – when do th excuses stop?

Hillary has status quo expreience we don't need – Washington is filled with experienced people who have been around far too long, and today we are a hated nation, with our elected leaders, those who have been elected to provide for OUR interests, both democrat and republican alike, waste our treasury across the globe while forgetting about Americans right here at home.

Wake up – stop pushing your fraudulent WORLD visions on me because my vision and the vision of true Americans is for a great America, not for a great Mexico, not for a great Iraq, not for a great Israel – but for a GREAT AMERICA.

Ms. Clinton's visions, just like those of her husband as well as Mr. Bush place the desires of an ungrateful world ahead of our own needs, and move America closer to a third world nation in the process. We have become a nation of apathetic sheep – and make no mistake – the opportunistic Clintons of the world know this all too well.

January 5, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  4. Ruth Samuels, Charlottesville,VA

Mrs Clinton is by far the most experienced of all the candidates and the one to represent our party. The big thing that will do her the most harm is voting for the war i n Iraq and then defending her position. The very least capable is Obama. He has ties with big business and can be "bought" and thats the last thing Americans need.
    I hope Mrs Clinton wins...she will have President Clinton by her side to help her with decisions..and it doesn't get any better than that!
    I hope we are smart enough to put a President in that will get this beautiful country back to where it was when President Clinton was there. President Clinton put us in a place where we were the envy of the world and I think his wife, Mrs Clinton can and will do the same.
    Thank you.

January 5, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  5. Thomas, Denver, CO

It is my new opinion that my party, the Democrats, deserve to lose elections. Here we are, all bickering over these candidates while the Republican strategists just sit back and laugh. What we ought to be doing is finding a candidate who we can all support. Roughly 30% to each candidate does not make a mandate. And we need a mandate on our side to overcome the beast on their side. So, spare me your Go Hill and Go Barack, you are not doing us any good.

As is typical, we will squander our advantage on the best of the worst when a Democratic win should be inevitable. We spend too much time thinking/squabbling and not enough time winning. Let's win first, then pontificate later. We are like the puny kid on the playground who complains to the teacher when the bully gives him a black eye, but we aren't smart enough to figure out a way to fight back. Pathetic and tragic.

I swear if Bloomberg entered the race, I would switch my allegiance to him in a heartbeat.

January 5, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  6. Mario

Robert in Tokyo, SHut up! your not in this country, go vote for Hugo Chavez your lover. Andres in Norway, I've already said that, why should we vote for Hitlery, and ShUTUP your not voting in the country!

Pat in IA, Hitlery is as phoney as they come, what has she done to make her the real deal, voted forthe war in Iraq, hidding documents, taking money from special interest groups then has a husband that was impeached, yeah that is the real deal alright! SHUTUP!

Mindy in CA, your gods the dems want to raise taxes and keep us depended on them, tell us how we should live, where to live, how much we can drive our cars, scare you about the global warming B.S. without any proof other than a doowaaditty Al Gorest telling you that there is global warming, heck scientist can't agree on it, so take your holier than thou attitudes along with Hitlery and stick it!

Go Nixon!!

January 5, 2008 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  7. jp/michigan

You need 2161 delegates to win the nomination for President. Hang on Hillary the fight has just begun.

January 5, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  8. Bob

If you intend to win, stop letting Bill campaign for you. He is hurting you at this point. You need to run on YOUR experience, not Bill's.

Hope you win

Bob

January 5, 2008 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  9. Anne Milligan

Barack Obama is a marvelous orator and I'm sure a great person but will not make a great president at this time. The media's hype over the Iowa caucus was such a joke it was almost unbelievable. I think the mainstream media is playing with our heads. Listen to Air America Radio for some real news.

January 5, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  10. CAROL ZEDOCK

I REALLY HOPE HILLARY COMES OUT STRONG IN NE. THE OTHER CANDIDATES ARE STATING CHANGE. IF YOU REMEMBER G. BUSH ALSO STOOD FOR CHANGE AND WHERE DID THAT GET US. HILLARY IS THE BEST FOR EXPERIENCE. I WANT SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE. THAT WAY CHANGE WILL COME.

January 5, 2008 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  11. Mario

Air America! are you kidding it's a lib station they are worse than CNN!

We need to keep letting the democraps keep fighting amung your party it is a circus, Hitlery did bad in IA, Edwards tells her to quit, Obuma stung everyone, which way do you go?

jp/michigan, she will lose so get use to the thought!

January 5, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  12. joze46

What’s really funny is all the analyses by the Mainstream Journalist were they keep bashing Hillary Clinton about going back to the 90’s is not the future. Were it’s highly and likely Obama will be tied up in things like Black Reparations from the civil war through Islamic differences with a middle name like Hussein is impossible to avoid aiding the Osama Bin Laden terror effort stretching to an infinite negative. Here, Bin Laden can really say they are winning the war, were America hangs Hussein in Iraq, and then Islamic jihad is so great Americans vote a Hussein as a leader. Please and you all must understand I am not trying to be cruel in this scenario. Personally I like Barrack Obama, but the negative are far greater then the positives compared to Hillary. He is a nice guy I wish him the best but its not his time for America.

Were in its most practical real good value America needs to go “ Back to the Future”. Here ,a solid argument can be made by Hillary Clinton that by proven skill and experience America was channeled out of a Bush Recession and war without American life lost. And, into one the most historic economic and cultural times ever developed by Democratic principles.

Undeniably, and actually a turning point in history for economic and cultural advantage for the individual citizens with the promotion and installation of the Internet, America’s educational system has been transposed to a new level and tool with unlimited uses. Moreover, the Internet exploded into the business and commerce areas that changed the way not only America works but way the world works and thinks today. I lived it, in it, watched it grow, there is no Republican ideal that can match it. It is so profound that I’m baffled by those who think Obama has any skill to match that ideal. Frankly I think all those supporters are Republican insurgents promoted to support Obama.

The Clinton team of the Democratic Party composed of selected individuals have shown and delivered proven skill in defending the Constitution, and promoting the general welfare for the common good during this time it was the leadership of the Clinton administration. The Problem with the Republicans is that in a second chance with Hillary, she won’t be as nice to the Republican Party as Bill was. The fact is Republican’s are terrified by the thought of Hillary being President, she will likely expose much of the corruption and address the accountability that is way over due. Obama is fresh, new, and too inexperienced. Obama would likely build a direction by opinions and compromise far too much.

January 5, 2008 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  13. tamara taley

iam gong to for cillton i hope she wins

January 5, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  14. Geri Ca

To Joyce Allen: Puh-leeze! Like we're going to believe your lies. You are a Republican doing the dirty talking points as directed by your party. Give us a break!

January 5, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  15. piktor

Hillary, what part of "CHANGE" do you not understand?

January 5, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  16. Bimmer

As a Canadian who has been following US elections closely for over 30 years , I have the following questions and a simple request for the good of US, Canada and the world:

Is it not true that Hillary has carried upstate New York where Republicans used to win?

Is it not true that she cosponsored bills with Reublican senators, showing her skills and desire to get things done?

Is not it true that she is the most able candidate on the Democrat ic side to fight Islamic terrorism, as she has first -hand experience of the sufferings of New Yorkers as one of their senators?

Is not it true that she made friends out of Reublican senators who made a career out of despising her?

Is not it true that she won New York, not once but twice, without being originally from there?

Is not it true that she is the one the Republicans hate the most because they think she will beat their nominee?

Is it not true that people cannot stand her because she is the most intelligent of all the candidates: Republicans and Democrats and Independents ?

Is not it also true that intelligence, not likeability, is the most important trait in making important decisions for the country?

Is not it true that she is the only candidate who has been on the world stage longer and is the most capable of dealing with the foreign leaders?

If they are all true, then why not give the woman a fair shake, GUYS.

January 5, 2008 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  17. Roger

I am not sure why we vote by our perception of someone's "personality". Go by the experience guys.
    I agree that we do not want someone who claims to bring about a "change" but has no experience at the national level.

January 5, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  18. Liz C.

Prof. Katherine Hall Jamieson at Annenberg School, UPenn analyzed the differences between Obama, Hillary and Huckabee on PBS after the Iowan caucuses.

She pointed out the supporters surrounding the candidate after caucuses as follows:
    for Obama: people at all ages in T-shirts, sweaters or suits;
    for Hillary: Bill Clinton and his old cabinet members in suits;
    for Huckabee: Chuck Norris and very few people from all walks of life.

I thought that was a very insightful observation. Obama truly won Iowa.

January 5, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  19. J. Mann

I never heard Edwards or Clinton mention the word change until after the Iowa Caucus' were over. I never heard her talk about "we" until the same time. Change resonated with the younger voters so now they are both advocating "change." There are more than two families with the DNA to run our great country. For once there is a minority capable of running this country, and mainstream (some) America can't stand it. Some Democrats (Edwards and Clinton) are quaking in their boots. Although Bill Clinton has done a lot for the Democratic Party and this country, its time to move on. His wife has no more experience ("I am so ready" ready to what?) than George Bush did when he beat Al Gore for the the office. What is her experience? She's dishonest, polarizing, beholden to special interest, and not the heir apparent. I hope Obama continues to roll on, he can do no worse than who we have running the country right now. Stand by Obama, the attacks, slander, etc. are coming. Neither of them like losing and will do anything, ANYTHING, to keep from doing so. We can do better than Clinton, and for me, Obama is it! I pray that the country will unite behind Obama.

January 5, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  20. B.J. Bower

Obama for Vice-President which some people have voiced!!!! That's so ridiculous. HIllary would not choose him.

The real question is who will she choose?

Another woman? OH YES!!!!! That would really grab all the naysayers. I think it should be a woman who is well versed in all the health care problems.......another strong and brilliant woman like herself...... a woman who is a humanitarian...... hmmmm ..... now who does that bring to mind? Eleanor Roosevelt would have made a great Vice-President with Hillary, but sadly she is gone. Let's find another "Eleanor Roosevelt." The people loved her. That's what brings about change. The love of the American people for their President and Vice-President promotes people to want to change their circumstances and fight for a new way of life.

January 5, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  21. Louise

Bimmer, I completely agree with your points. I am also a non-US person following this election closely. Hillary appears to me to be the only viable candidate at THIS point in time.

And 'Mario' before you remind me that this is not my country and that I ought to shut up...I would like to remind you that the outcome of this particular election will have consequences for all of us...so while I am not entitled to vote I am certainly entitled to have an opinion on the matter.

January 5, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  22. Anne

I've been around awhile. Ive seen Presidents come and go. I am a 63-year-old white woman whose husband was a US democratic Congressman in the 1060's.
    I've witnessed the growth of corruption, greed, payback and and alack of ethics and morals, in our government. At the same time there also exists a deplorable disregard for the freedom, welfare and sensitivity to the people.
    Do we want an accumulation of this pattern? HILLARY CLINTON'S "EXPERIENCE"
    is an "ACCUMULATION OF GLOOM AND CORRUPTION."
    We need the wipe the slate clean. We need openess. We need BARACK OBAMA,
    with his open mind, who will gather people around hime, (without regard to race, age, etc.) to help hi, in his Presidency.
    BARACK OBAMA will take American and give us back our honor her and abroud
    Take HOPE America.! As that voter said: When he votes for OBAMA, it will be
    the first time in a long, long time that that he has smiled when he had voted."
    GO OBAMA!

January 5, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  23. Bob

Let me make sure I have the branding straight...Hillary is the "experienced" change candidate...Obama is the 'hopeful" change candidate...Edwards is the "fighter" change candidate...and Ringo is the drummer. That's a lot for voters to remember. Although I'm grateful that these candidates and their marketing consultants have dumbed the major differences down to one word for us, I'm even more grateful that virtually all major media coverage makes it easy by presenting this packaging as if it was reality.

By the way...go Hillary. ...and Romney is toast.

January 5, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  24. share

THE TWO (2) WEAK CANDIDATES WON IOWA, OBAMA AND HUCKABEE. IOWA DO NOT BELIEVE IN A STRONG, SMART WOMAN OF WHOM IS THE BEST CANDIDATE TO ELECT FOR OUR COUNTRY IN ALL THE CRISIS WE NOW FACE IN AMERICA .

January 5, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  25. Sudesh Kumar

What has to Happen will happen

HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON

She is so popularly un popular why do u americans treat a woman like that

January 5, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |